MERGED: Bad News for the Jets, Pace suspended 4 games | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Bad News for the Jets, Pace suspended 4 games

Marshawn Lynch suspended....able to return week 4 against Miami

Calvin Pace suspended....able to return week 5 against Miami

Patriots play both these teams while these players are suspended. A conspiracy theorist might say this is more than a coincidence.....but luckily we don't have any of those around here. :lol:

Why its only 4 games, and if he was with the Dolphins imagine how good their LBs would be with Pace and Porter at the outside. You wouldn't need old man Taylor who is a liability against the run.

Anyways this stinks, we have 4 tough games already and now we lose our top pass rusher. Hopefully Bryan Thomas steps it up, I doubt Gholston does. He probably won't even start, I see either Murrell, Westerman (who has impressed the coaches a lot so far and if he has a strong camp/preseason he may get the nod), or Trusnik being the starter.

jets fins , no love lost
i hate the jets and there classless fans

first smack in the face to Ryan. Feels good!

Calvin Pace from Jets

suspended for first 4 games.
I know it will be moved but HAHAHAHAHHAA

A duke fan and a dolphin fan? :confused:

This obviously isn't good for us having one of our better D players miss the first month especially since we will be heavily relying on our D.

Why not? I'm a UNC fan and a Dolphins fan.

Why not? I'm a UNC fan and a Dolphins fan.

I hate duke and the dolphins so he has a bad combo, I'm not questioning how he could be a fan of duke just that he has the double whammy of teams I hate.:wink:

Thats a big blow for the Jets.

Now they are left with for the 1st four games Bryan Thomas and Vernon Gholston. And when you are playing against QB's like Brees and Brady, pressure is the key. Unless Gholston or Thomas come out flying (and all signs are pointing that will not be the case), Jets are in for a rough first four games.

Thats a big blow for the Jets.

Now they are left with for the 1st four games Bryan Thomas and Vernon Gholston. And when you are playing against QB's like Brees and Brady, pressure is the key. Unless Gholston or Thomas come out flying (and all signs are pointing that will not be the case), Jets are in for a rough first four games.

Thomas is a decent player, I'm ok w/ him but Gholston has alot to prove obviously. rex is a schemer, he's going to have to be pretty creative w/o Pace for 4 games.

Well that news brightened my day a little bit :chuckle:

Why its only 4 games, and if he was with the Dolphins imagine how good their LBs would be with Pace and Porter at the outside. You wouldn't need old man Taylor who is a liability against the run.

Anyways this stinks, we have 4 tough games already and now we lose our top pass rusher. Hopefully Bryan Thomas steps it up, I doubt Gholston does. He probably won't even start, I see either Murrell, Westerman (who has impressed the coaches a lot so far and if he has a strong camp/preseason he may get the nod), or Trusnik being the starter.
The Dolphins defense probably would have been a slight bit better, but Matt Roth is no slouch either. He didn't put up Pace type numbers(Roth had 5 sacks compared to Pace's 8), but he did pretty well in his first season at the linebacker position(used to play defensive end). Hopefully Roth continues to grow at that position.

Jason Taylor is a backup rotational player for us this year, and I bet the Jets would love to have JT as depth. Especially right now with Pace out and Gholston being counted on to step up.

I have been saying that Sanchez won't be as good as Jet fans think he will be, and Jet fans just laugh at me. Last year after the draft, I said Gholston would bomb and likely won't last long in this league. Again, I got laughed at, but now it seems I am getting the last laugh.

From what I've read, he took an over the counter product with a banned substance in it. It's an innocent mistake. He could have made sure what he was using wasn't tainted, so he's only really guilty of being lazy, or even less than bright. (stupid).

He's put his team in a jam with his absence, but he looks to have said all the right things and is duly apolegetic and humble. Last I saw anyway, and is not shifting blame from himself.

He should appeal and have this silly penalty of 4 games knocked down to 1 or 2. Then again, I didn't look to see if this is a 2nd or 3rd offense. If it is, well, he has only himself to blame.

I do think the commish goes to far with some of these cases. A banned substance in cold syrup should just draw a warning or something, with repeated violations ending up in a suspension. imo. He should save the heavies for the guys who actually do break the law., or who are obviously juicing or taking advantage of the policy.

Marshawn Lynch suspended....able to return week 4 against Miami

Calvin Pace suspended....able to return week 5 against Miami

Patriots play both these teams while these players are suspended. A conspiracy theorist might say this is more than a coincidence.....but luckily we don't have any of those around here. :lol:

And what did Lynch get suspended for? It was either drugs or steroids I believe. I may be completely off though. So why does one get a 3 game suspension and the other a 4?

They should both get a full season

Back
Top Bottom