Merged:Biggest Dolphin bashing article yet. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:Biggest Dolphin bashing article yet.

Sorry guys, here is the article:

Dolphins' new name: 'Clowns of the sea'

by: Jerry Greene

And there is one story that is begging to be discussed. One story that is sticking out like a dislocated finger. One story that needs no analytical proof from a laboratory to be obviously true.

And that story is this:

The Miami Dolphins are certifiably insane.

It starts at the top with owner H. Wayne Huizenga, who spanks Coach Dave Wannstedt (figuratively speaking, at least) but inexplicably doesn't fire him. H. Wayne also doesn't fire personnel guy Rick Spielman. Instead, he promotes him.

Then there was that little embarrassment with Dan Marino -- who took a job that nobody understood and then realized he was hallucinating and ran back to the comfort of a TV studio, where his only concern is his mascara.

Then there was the strange period when someone named Joel Collier was offensive coordinator until he looked at the Dolphins' offensive line. So the Fish gave the job to someone named Chris Foerster -- a tight ends coach who never even has been in the same elevator with a coordinator.

The Dolphins beat everyone to the punch by racing out to sign A.J. Feeley -- who had been cleverly hidden by the Philadelphia Eagles as their third quarterback. So when Kerry Collins, Tim Couch, Kurt Warner, Jeff Garcia and other quarterbacks came on the open market, the Dolphins have been able to stand on their heads, wiggle their toes and say: "Don't call us 'cause we got A.J.!"

Postscript: The Dolphins' answer, Feeley, has had a slow start in minicamps. I'm told one reason is that the Eagles used numbers to label their passing plays, while the Dolphins' new offensive coordinator uses words instead to identify his plays. You know, words such as "eenie, meenie, miney, mo."

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in Orlando, and have to put up with Jerry "Fatman" Greene. The guy never has anything positive to say about the Dolphins. This has been going on for years. He takes a swipe at the Dolphins every week in his lame column, whether it is football season or not. He also has a radio show, in which he routinely bashes our boys.

It blows having a local paper that spews so much negativity about the Dolphins. If we acquired Manning at QB, he would put a negative spin on it. Fatboys email address is jgreene@orlandosentinel.com.

Wow and I thought Jills,Wets, and Pansies fans said stupid things, I wonder how long it took him to look up non compos mentis and if he can pronounce it. Guys like this need to have their computers taken away, personally I dont see how the editor let him post the "Come on, Dolphins fans, do you really believe your team has improved?
If you do, then you're certifiable, too" sentence. Everyone that gets pissed off about this needs to write the editor, maybe if we get enough people threatening to quit reading they will take his infantile, moronic, mind numbing drivel out of there paper and off their website.

Well I just had a quick scan through that article that u posted in this thread and he didnt even mention our oline:)

There's a way Jerry Greene could've gotten his point across without sounding like an immature, whiny 13-year old. I can't believe he's a professional journalist.

As a Dolphins fan I was appauled at the recent article you wrote calling fans who thought that we upgraded our team certifiable. If you take a look particularly on the offensive side of the football we are at worst as good as last years team, with the chance to be better. While the coordinator is a concern we did get big upgrades in the WR and QB coaching spots, which you covieniently failed to mention. Marino and Marino alone knows why he did what he did. As far as the QB situation goes who are you to say AJ Feeley will or wont work out, if he does will you post an apology in the paper and eat crow? No you wont, you will just find some way to put a negative spin on the fact that the front office did a good job. That seems to be what you do best anyways. Its one thing to just not like a team but its another to call it and its fans certifiable.

Just figured I would let everyone read what I sent to Greene oh yeah I also sent it to the editor of the paper.

truth

Being a faithful dolfan there is truth to this article, when will the D's realize that feely or fiedler are not superbowl quarterbacks and we should bring a veteran in.

ptmn said:
Being a faithful dolfan there is truth to this article, when will the D's realize that feely or fiedler are not superbowl quarterbacks and we should bring a veteran in.

When you can prove their not..

Can he atleast wait until we actually play a couple of games first. See someone who's a Dolphin fan but not entirely intune with what's really going on will read this piece of **** article and think it's doom and gloom. But actually, we are poised to make a big run this year no matter who ends up at QB because we will have a much improved O-line..But I'm starting to like all this negative attention we are getting because the expectation level may not be as high as previous years. People the Dolphins are going to be just fine now that DW will focus solely on coaching and rick will focus on player personnel.

So Carolina figured Delhomme was a Super Bowl QB? NE figured 6th rd pick Brady was too? Remember, Brady was put in b/c Bledsoe got hurt. Where would he be had Bledsoe stayed healthy? Dilfer Super Bowl QB? Point proven

LIQUID24 said:
There's a way Jerry Greene could've gotten his point across without sounding like an immature, whiny 13-year old. I can't believe he's a professional journalist.

What he said!

Back
Top Bottom