Merged: Brandon Marshall = Team Player | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Brandon Marshall = Team Player

McDumba$$ was the problem ini Denver! All the MArshall doubters just need to sit back relax and enjoy his domination! I bet Henne is loving his new weapon!

There was never a problem with Marshall being a team player or not. The problem is that Marshall is a criminal. That's what I'm worried about, not whether he can co-exist with his teammates or not.

The kicker for me was hearing that he started his life over again and got married. When you settle down and marry, its a sign of getting ready to get your life together. The old girlfriend seemed a bad dream for him even if he was guilty of some abuse. But since they did not arrest him, and she went on TV for an interview as a victim, it makes me wonder about the truth.

All I know is the kid seems happy and willing to contribute and get acquainted with his teamates throughout.

Give the kid a chance to make a new start here in Miami. He seems to be doing all the right things. Sometimes people (see: Lewis, Ray) get into trouble and then turn around and don't make trouble again. I for one am happy to have him and happy at how he is trying hard to be part of the TEAM. We also gave him the bling he thought he deserved in Denver.

There was never a problem with Marshall being a team player or not. The problem is that Marshall is a criminal. That's what I'm worried about, not whether he can co-exist with his teammates or not.

Doesn't being wrong ever get old? Marshall is not a criminal! He was found not guilty, never charged, or had charges dismissed in every case. Not only that, but the investigating detective and Fulton County DA are on record saying they believe Marshall's Ex stabbed herself and lied about everything.

Calling him a criminal is Un-American at the very least seeing how we have a God Given Right as Americans "innocent until proven guilty". Serious man you were on here for months with your "bank on it the trifecta is not trading for Marshall". Well now they have and you won't drop your criminal "LABEL". Oh and no his DUI reduced to a Driving Under Imparement does not make him a criminal, unless you consider speeding a criminal. Same Class "B" Traffic Misdemeanor.

Brandon Marshall working hard to be part of the team

I want to report to you that Marshall, who came to the Dolphins with a reputation as something of a problem child in Denver, has worked hard to earn the respect of his new team in the first month or so in Miami.

You will remember Marshall came into town April 14 to take a physical and sign his contract. It was a long day for him. Well, he was in the weight room, working out with his teammates early the next day. Several players noticed.
In the ensuing weeks, Vernon Carey hosted a charity golf tournament. Carey asked his teammates to support the tourney. Not all of them did. Marshall did. He showed up and mixed with several current and former Miami Dolphins players. He won guys over.

Then Ricky Williams had the premier of his Run Ricky Run documentary on Miami Beach. All Dolphins players were invited. Not all were able to show up. Marshall showed up to show his support. And yes, players noticed.
The point is Marshall has made an effort to become part of his new team. He's made an effort to show his teammates there is no sense of entitlement on his part -- particularly as it applies to Davone Bess and the possible exchange of jersey No. 15.

The issue of Marshall's number is still being resolved and not completely settled last I heard. But the new guy apparently is treading carefully so as to not step on any toes. Players are noticing.
Good thing? Certainly for team harmony and chemistry.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...m-god-bless-you-if-you-hav.html#ixzz0nVOdFpMr

Good to hear

Great news. We really need him to become a part of the Fins family. One of the very key pieces for next year (and hopefully years to come).

Yea, I'm Un-American. You're a joke. Marshall got a teammate killed, has beat his GF numerous times, has been charged with petty larceny, has shot at his father with a handgun. He's a thug whether you like it or not. I hope this jackass doesn't **** up, but to say he's not a thug or criminal is laughable. Stop being such a homer. We get it, you can stop riding him now.

Yea, I'm Un-American. You're a joke. Marshall got a teammate killed, has beat his GF numerous times, has been charged with petty larceny, has shot at his father with a handgun. He's a thug whether you like it or not. I hope this jackass doesn't **** up, but to say he's not a thug or criminal is laughable. Stop being such a homer. We get it, you can stop riding him now.

LOL. What an idiot. Criminal....:lol2: Can you produce a rap sheet please? Ok, then just STFU.

It is good to see but lets see how he acts if we start losing some games. I love the pick up but its a roll of the dice, one I am definitely willing to take.
Exactly, its easy to talk the talk, but lets wait and see if he walks the walk after some frustration sets in.

I am so excited for this season. I know I say that every off-season, but I can't remember being this excited for the season to start.

Lets hope thats the only type of press Marshall gets this offseason.

People lets not anoint him a changed person quite yet. Bringing him on was a risk, one that I was absolutely willing and eager to take, but the risk was NOT how he got along with team mates. While it's true he showed his tail a little over the contract issue, the red flag went up over the article of girlfriend abuse. This happened not once but mutiple times. This is not something that is easily changed. Don't come up and tell me that a new contract, or talk with Parcells, or new enviroment is going to change that, it isn't.

People who have this issue have lots of work to do, and it isn't easy to change, maybe impossible. He's a ticking time bomb off the field in his personal life. Some of the nicest people in the world can turn into monsters when it comes to the emotions of arguing with their girlfriends. Alot of us know people like that, my best friend on the planet is like that, and it makes my skin crawl sometimes, but it is what it is. But with Brandon being in the media spotlight it has the potential to go from paradise to disaster in the blink of the eye, when we least expect. Again, I think it was worth the risk, but make no mistake, it was a risk and still is, no matter how he treats his teammates.

Brandon has the ability to MAKE our season, but he also has the ability to make us a very bad team. Just look what effect the Ricky situation had on the team. If Brandon does emplode, we won't see 8-8 this year. He stays on track we have a realistic shot at the playoffs.

Don't think because you don't feel the ground rumbling that he isn't a volcano. We just happen to have no choice but to live in the shadow of that volcano. Let's just pray he doesn't erupt.

It is possible to feel like doing something and not do it. He has a lot of incentive to behave.

Back
Top Bottom