Merged: CULPEPPER! | Page 32 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: CULPEPPER!

Votes: 1 100.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Just maybe

Maybe Daunte's going back to play for Linehan. I hope and not the Dolphins

FemaleFinFan said:
Thats why I'd rather Brees. But if we could afford which was the nature of my post to begin withit, I'd be happy with Brees as the starter and Culpepper as backup

I understand, but that's like saying you'd be happy with Tom Brady as the starter and Peyton Manning as his back up.

Culpepper is no more a back-up than Brees.

Alex22 said:
Because when Healthy Daunte is a far better player than Drew Brees can dream of being....thats whyDaunte's injury scares me more by far, but if he does rehab well he is a better playerI read one report that said Daunte was recovering 'Freakishly well' so take that for what its worth

I read the same article...It's clear that he'll have a chip on his shoulder. If we are the team that traded for Daunte, then that means that Saban believes that Brees was not our man. I think the Phins would be good to have either because they would only be a short term fix until Saban could groom his own QB.

TO = Trouble

illscriptures said:
I think SABAN said something about bringing in all types of playmakers that would make our team better. Thats why were in the running for T.O. and why he still supports Ricky and his decision making... I trust Saban has done what he thinks puts the team in the best position to progress.

If he brings in T.O., you can write this team off. Talk about tearing a team apart. He might help for the short term, but his ego would end up hurting the Dolphins in the long run. Look at David Boston for example!

flip said:
Maybe Daunte's going back to play for Linehan. I hope and not the Dolphins

I really hope so. I don't want that fat Love Boat malcontent anywhere near Miami.

chambers84 said:
I see it 100%. These clowns that are saying he sucks are probably the same ones saying that Feeley was our QB of the Future.......

exactly. and i hate the he had no moss bull ****. didnt u guys see he had another 1 bad y ear earlier and he had moss what was ur excuses then? ppl just hate the guy for having talent around him and he lost it and had a bad year unfortunatley so ppl pointed fingesr to losing moss.

look at it this way, take Rice from young AND montana, who are they? no one. take ward away from ROTH, he wont be as good as he is and i dont like taht man too much eithe rbut he deserves teh credit. take away smith and who is delhomme? you can't say that.

Miami has CC thats similar to moss so daunte knows waht tyep of athlete he has on his hands and can somewhat play teh similar game instead of adjusting to another WR but adjusting slightly to a lil clone of a one he had previously. he wont have arm concersn but brees will.

tmny99 said:
Any team that signs Daunte will definitely restructure his contract. He will get some guarantees, but there will be some incentives tied to performance there as well.
The agreement to restructure would have to be done before the trade because Culpepper's already whining about his current contract in that he's not getting paid enough, so I doubt he'd be willing to renogotiate when a team that just traded for him is powerless to do anything about it.

As for Daunte and TO, if you thought the Dolphins franchise was a soap opera and the laughing stock of the league in 2004 just wait until those two start going at each other after failed drives.

woody1351 said:
i saw somewhere that the rams were in the running for culpepper do you think that linehan traded for him. and if he did what do you think about marc bulger.

sorry if this has already been brought up there are way to many posts about this stuff the last few days

It is a possibilty but at this point its all speculation when you start to throw other teams in the mix... but it does seem like a very possible occurence to me.

I think some of you fail to think of one thing. Don't you think that DC is going to play with a chip on his shoulder, with something to prove. As mentioned many times on this board, he is supposedly "rehabbing freakishly" with the point of proving he is and was 2004 DC, not the DC we all saw last year. And TO is the same thing, he will have a point to prove. He will want to show everyone he wasn't the one who was wrong. They both have played with "Me Against The World" attitudes, and have arugably played the best under those circumstances. Like I said I wouldn't advise for us to get TO if we get Brees, I don't think it would be that good of a fit.

TarHeelFinFan said:
How is he washed up? His knee completely imploded last year after a HORRIFIC start to the season while Brad Johnson of all people made the Vikings contenders once he stepped in. How is he troubling? I seem to remember more than a few sideline temper tantrums from him directed at teammates, coaches etc.

Culpepper had 2 temper tantrums, one at moss for trying to catch a ball with one hand when he was wide opened and dropped the ball, and 2 when Carter and Moss were both b^&ching about wanting the ball at the same time. He has never spat at a coach or any other teammate. I have been a Vikings season ticket holder for the last 3 years seen almost every game on TV or at the Metrodome. His was hurt in week 2 of the season and then completely tore his knee later. Lost his OC, the best center in football, Matt Birk, almost a completely new team, never consistent starting WR lineup, never consistent starting RB lineup, and He had an Offensive co-ordinator that couldn't game plan to be a PEE-WEE team. The Vikings success the later half of the season was due to the DEFENSE coming together. Brad Johnson didn't "LIGHT" up the world with is stats or anything.

I also have more than 15 posts on this board so BRING IT!!!!!!!

woody1351 said:
i saw somewhere that the rams were in the running for culpepper do you think that linehan traded for him. and if he did what do you think about marc bulger.

sorry if this has already been brought up there are way to many posts about this stuff the last few days

I've been wondering that too. I hope so because I'd rather Brees.

Joe(ex-charger) said:
If he brings in T.O., you can write this team off. Talk about tearing a team apart. He might help for the short term, but his ego would end up hurting the Dolphins in the long run. Look at David Boston for example!

How did David Boston's ego hurt the team? Actually, I believe it was his Patellor Tendon's that hurt the Dolphins :D

Back
Top Bottom