Merged: Devin Hester | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Devin Hester

dolphan117 said:
Didnt Boomer take some flack for saying this some time ago? Like right after the coach said that he would be coming back and would be more involved in the offense?
Boomer knows all :allhail:

he might be overrated, and only a returner... but he is a big name. someone will take him in round 2.

He's a big name for his return skills, which are great. However, IN COLLEGE, he's an average at best cornerback, and a below average receiver. Is that something you'd look at in the first or second round? No.

speed in the NFL cannot be underestimated... especially at corner.

Yeah, he's be a project, but the draft is a crapshoot.

Last year the Raiders took Stanford Routt, CB, in the top 40 because he was quick, thts all... he was a good corner in college, but played at Houston. He was taken because of his speed. I'm not saying tht he is a second round talent, but I think thats where he'll be taken.

He's making a HUGE mistake coming out early.

I have no idea when he'll be taken, but if Matt Jones' combine showing catapulted him into the first round as a potential WR, what is that going to do to Devin when he clocks sub 4.3 40 times?

Personally, I'd like to have him.

Hester has great speed but a lot of guys have great speed and not much else....I think a 1st or 2nd round pick would be too much for Hester. A 3rd would be ok. Welker is doing a nice jump on punt returns and is a nice go to guy when we need a clutch catch. I would say we have higher priorities than going after Hester....Hester is a good returner, but average d-back, just like Reggie Howard. We can do much better.

Devin Hester

In the Immortal words of the "Mad Dog" Himself, Jim Mandich, If Devin Hester is sitting on the board in rounds 3 or 4, as projected, i scoop him up in a heartbeat. Yea, i know Wes Welker did a good job, but, it was only that, Good. This guy has a chance to be a game breaker, thoughts?

agree 100%.....but only in those rounds or lower. Hester is very limited, right now, as to what he can do for an NFL franchise.

you must be a canes fan... heh, how about i throw in willie reid into the mix to balance things out. Hester's definitely has game-breaking ability but I wouldnt take him any earlier than the 5th round.

Agreed, but I'd hesitate to drop a 3rd rounder on him....a 4th, for sure. At this point, he isn't polished enough at doing anything other than returning kicks/punts which doesn't warrant more than that.

Personally, I think he's making a mistake by coming out.

Bellson said:
you must be a canes fan... heh, how about i throw in willie reid into the mix to balance things out. Hester's definitely has game-breaking ability but I wouldnt take him any earlier than the 5th round.

as far as punt returning is concerned willie reid cant even spell hester....hester is a sleepin giant watch he'll be like 2nd round-3rd round pick

My thoughts...Welker is better than good. He has excellent vision and he always makes the first man miss. He's one of the best at his position, plus he's proven to be a sure handed #3 or #4 WR for us. Don't fix it if it ain't broke.

We can find someone else in the third or fourth round who can make an impact at another postion that is in need of upgrading, like OL, QB, DB, or LB.

I would definitely take him in the 3rd withour pick, but I doubt that he'll be available there.

Bellson said:

I like Devin Hester; Im a huge Canes fan and I have to agree with you here. I would only take him in the fifth or later. There will be better players available during the 3rd and 4th rounds who can make bigger contributions to our team. Hester would bring game-breaking return ablility to our team and that's it. Welker is a very good return man who does a very good job as a WR for our team too.

Back
Top Bottom