MERGED: Dolphins top of the list in the NFL for teams losing fans | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Dolphins top of the list in the NFL for teams losing fans

Most of the fans , or should i say most of the past season ticket holders, reside north of miami, lauderdale, west palm,on up I-95. It's a shorter drive than going deep into miami. It's not pretty but is a better access location for those fans. I'm like you I loved the orange bowl and was brought up as dolphin fan in that stadium. At some point we have to let it go and deal with what we have now. It doesn't look like we are getting a new home anytime soon, so we have to embrace what we have, there's really no other solution other than not going. But as usual , these threads can be summed up in one sentence. Just win baby.

I agree with this somewhat. If I drive down just for the game, it's very easy to get in (not out, the parking still sucks ass). If I stay in Miami or somewhere nearby, it's annoying as Hell to get to the stadium.

I would have agreed with you until I saw that 60 minutes piece on the Jags owner, it doesn't look like he's planning on going anywhere anytime soon.
I didn't see that so obviously I need to get caught up :lol:

The last I had read was his interest in seeing a team(s) in London and was not against moving the Jags there.

Winning is the biggest problem without doubt. That's a 75k+ seat stadium. Winning football games and competing on a year in, year out basis will regularly put 65k+ in the stadium. Right now we average 55k which is roughly 75% of total capacity.

But then you have contributing problems which are smaller problems, yet still very much so a problem. Ticket prices, scorching heat, disconnect from the players, etc. It really pisses me off that now that the Marlins have left Jimmy Buffett Beer Stand Stadium, we still have that HUGE gap between the first row of seats and the sideline.

Then you have what TheWalrus referred to as "special combinations" such as stadium experience and bad location. I like that phrase "special combination." If a bad stadium in a bad location has bad parking, I can fix the bad parking by changing the way traffic funnels in and out of my lots. However, I still have a bad stadium in a bad location with easy access parking.

I hear you. It is a factor, but the problem with mentioning the minor issues is that anyone arguing the other side of it only wants to focus on those minor issues even though the the stench of cow manure known as losing lingers over this franchise.

They know they have no retort for the constant losing argument other than, "go to the games no matter what!" so they conveniently avoid that altogether and talk about everything else (stadium, demographic, etc.).

The stadium location and the stadium appearance will have no effect on attendance once philbin and ryan start ripping the nfl apart.

Miami fans get labeled fickle all the time. It's understandable if you don't want to support the fins at the stadium because of their poor play or if you live far away. Going to the game is an enjoyable experience for me and my family and friends.

If you don't attend because of what street the stadium was built on or the appearance of the stadium that is fickle and there is no reason to debate with that type of fan because if the stadium was new and in their back yard that would still make an excuse not to go.

If you don't think the convenience of attendance (location) and the enjoyment of the experience (winning team, good seats) has an effect on the decision of the casual fan to come to the game, then I don't know what to tell you. It's just nonsense, what you're saying.

As it is the Dolphins are a negative in all three categories. "Ripping the NFL up" would be made easier by a full stadium, don't you think? It doesn't just happen in a vacuum.

If you don't think the convenience of attendance (location) and the enjoyment of the experience (winning team, good seats) has an effect on the decision of the casual fan to come to the game, then I don't know what to tell you. It's just nonsense, what you're saying.

As it is the Dolphins are a negative in all three categories. "Ripping the NFL up" would be made easier by a full stadium, don't you think? It doesn't just happen in a vacuum.
I will continue going to games, you won't, have fun.

I will continue going to games, you won't, have fun.

:bobdole:

You really don't get it, do you? I'm not talking about me, I'm talking about luring casual fans to the stadium.

But whatever. Keep on completely failing to respond to what I'm saying. Sure makes it look like you have a good argument :lol:.

You really don't get it, do you? I'm not talking about me, I'm talking about luring casual fans to the stadium.

But whatever. Keep on completely failing to respond to what I'm saying. Sure makes it look like you have a good argument :lol:.
This is starting to remind me of the Ireland/Kaepernick thread...

I understand what you are saying and I get it and it makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom