MERGED: Ex-Dolphin Nails: I'm far from done | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Ex-Dolphin Nails: I'm far from done

I agree. Why not bring him in? This guy has proved he is better than St. Clair or Jerman when healthy. He can perhaps play RG. Also, he will be desperate and playing with fire, and perhaps help set the tone in camp for the O-line with his aggresiveness and nastiness.

I agree. He sounds hungry, and if he's really back to his old self, he'd make our OL much stronger than it is now...

Give him a chance Rick!!!! He's ready to prove himself, and he knows this could be his last shot. He deserevs it after the season he had in 2002 IMO....

PHINZ RULE!!! :cool:

The vote on the article was about 84 for bringing him back 8 against it. It seems that most Dolphin fans want him back. There must be a good reason to not bring him back. I just wish I knew what it was.

If he was back to his 2002 form, don't you guys think he would've gotten an offer from the Phins or any other team for that matter? There doesn't seem to be much interest in him around the league. That tells me there might be something wrong with him phisically.
If he is 100%, I think we should give him a shot.

I still remembering him plow the road for Ricky in the first game he played for us. The was an impressive display of run blocking we hadn't seen in a VERY LONG TIME. I've always liked the guy. If his personal assessment of how he played last year is accurate AND he is honest in saying he is "back".... I honestly don't think we could turn him down. If nothing else... he would give us GREAT depth. If he could switch sides and play RG... OOOHHHHHH BABY!

I've been feeling that our "in limbo" status with RG has kept a door open for him. I would expect him to get a "look" from us after June 1. I think the FO is waiting to see if anything develops from June 1 on the FA RG/LG market. I'd expect them to bring in 2 more OLineman for camp. 1 June 1 cut and probably Jamie.

I personally feel he hasn't gotten any attention from us because the FO wanted to distance themselves so much from last year's OLine, they wanted as much "new blood" as possible. But, after the dust clears, I think they'll realize how much value he could bring for very little $$$$. Not too mention, if he comes in on the CHEAP and has a monster year at possibly RG, he would make fans forget about the Big Mac scandal. Which would benefit the team next year when they slide him out the side door, quietly.

And, hey, if Big Mac CAN come back to form, Jamie would buy us more time to not RUSH Big Mac. Then, in a PERFECT world, we'd have Nails, Mac, James, Carey, St. Clair, Smith, McKinney and some youngsters developing in the background. That would be a sweet rotation for us. Not too mention having 2 quality backups. JMO

Big O has said he's got knee problems and that's the reason we weren't interested in bringing him back. Of course, how much weight contributes to the knee problems, I dunno.

Here's a question....

If the Phinz FO expressed some interest in bringing back ex-RG T. Perry {which they have}, why wouldn't they conisder OG J. Nails???....

A 75% J. Nails is better than a 100% T. Perry IMO.

OG J. Nails was our best OLman in 2002, and if he's even close to that now, he'd be a great addition IMO. We need a solid RG, and if he could make the transition, our OL would be set. We've already got a few OG hopefuls in camp, why not add one more in Nails???...

PHINZ RULE!!! :D

I think the medical staff has basically deep-sixed Nails. That's exactly why a guy with his size and credentials (former Pro-Bowler just 2 years ago) is not with a team right now. No one wants to spend time and effort on a guy who's got bad knees and a bad ankle. I have heard that his knees were a bigger concern. He's also had a long history of weight problems. He's going to have to prove himself the hard way probably, in Canada or the Arena League to prove he's back for real this time and his knees and ankle are completely healed.

A 75% J. Nails is better than a 100% T. Perry IMO.

Thats not true, IMO.

I wouldn't rule him out yet, I think the Dolphins want to make him sweat it out. Thats what I would do if I were them. In 2002 he was working so hard before the season to get into football shape...I guess like you guys say, he was hungry but in the good way. Then he injured his achilles and after the season he had in 2002 I think he didn't realize he still needed to work that hard, he was not just injured in 03 he was fat as all heck. Make him sweat it out, convince him that nobody wants him again, then if he's still on the wire in June or so, can't hurt to bring him back and see how he plays at RG.

Well, there must be a good reason for not bringing him back, but I felt that at 28 yrs old and 2 years removed from the Achilles, he would be much better this year...JJ will play his old spot, so he could be moved to the RG spot and/or provide even more depth...

ckparrothead said:
Thats not true, IMO.

Not completely false either, IMO. :)

You can have Perry. I'll take Nails any day of the week over that pitiful excuse for a player. :lol: :lol:

PHINZ RULE!!! :D

Back
Top Bottom