MERGED: Ex-Dolphin Nails: I'm far from done | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Ex-Dolphin Nails: I'm far from done

No team has even scheduled Nails for a visit. The phins will sit tight and see how some of these young guys are doing during training camp before they decide to bring Nails in. If the young guys are solid then they won't be picking up the phone for Nails.

I think that the man is coming in with a sense of commitment. He is a guy that is strong when healthy and plays the runs well. I think miami should made a bid for him for one year.

There a reason why no one has offer Nails a contract.

6"6 335 AND CAN NOT BLOCK A FLEA........ :roflmao: :D :cool: :confused: :goof:

Hey what do we have to lose I bet we could get him for vets min and I wouldnt mind the insurance

If we can wait on McIntosh to recover from his ankle surgery, then I think we can afford to give Nails a chance to show he has recovered. If no better options are there after June 1st then bring Nails back for cheap and enjoy the OL depth. If he is healthy, and can play RG, we are looking at a pretty good OL.

I think Nails may have been one of those who were questioning the coaching at the end of last season, and that's why they don't want him back. It's just a guess, but I see no other reason to not bring back the guy who was the best OLman they had 2 years ago, especially with the lack of real experience they're penciling in at RG.

dolphinguy said:
6"6 335 AND CAN NOT BLOCK A FLEA........ :roflmao: :D :cool: :confused: :goof:

Well I guess not. A man that size could not get down low enough to block a flea. Fleas are kinda short. :D
I too always felt he played with emotion and would give the team a lift when he would rumble down and pancake someone. If he is back I would love to see him back at training camp. He has to be better than German. Let Cary play RT and move Nails back to where he used to play, at RG.

How can he hurt us ?

We are out of our mind if we dont bring him in , at least for training camp. He has gas in his tank and is only 28, please, thats a young age for O-lineman. Lets give him a shot.:cooldude:

I think it says a lot if...

Miami doesn't bring him back at least for the vet minimum. I think it makes sense at least from a depth standpoint, however it speaks volumes about the confidence the coaching staff, especially Tony Wise have with the young talent we have already.

Despite Nails blowup at the end of the year, + with DW on the hot seat, I doubt DW would be stubborn enough to not tell RS to make an inquiry about Nails simply becasue of the blowup. I truly believe either one they're waiting to see how their current roster shakes out, two an injury, or three after June 1st. The phins organization is notorious for making their UFA wait especially if there isn't any demand for them. The longer they wait, the cheaper they become.

At this point there's no need for them to rush out and get him. i could see him being signed during training camp to push one of the rookies and battle for a starting spot, but K.I.M he's not going to beat out James and I'm not sure sure how he'll fare on the right side, besides, despite his injury recovery, he sucked last year and maybe they think he's just a one year wonder.

Either way I trust RS's judgement.

What i think miami is doing is scouting out what we already have in the o-line. what i mean is they are watching st.clair and a few of the other players 2 see how they are. And from what i hear st.clair is getting tourn up on the field and that the o-line cant handle our d-line so if this is true then they are going to try and fix it and if that means bringing back nails then i think that is what they will do. So my prediction is they will bring him back

I would love to see Nails brought back, if he can move to the right side our OL could be a monster. As far as not being able to block a flea, maybe we werent watching the same guy. In 2002 he was a road grader for us. His knee problems could very well be attributed to his weight issues, so if he has gotten the weight under control I say jump on it. We could even put weight stipulations in the contract.

Back
Top Bottom