Merged: Favre Traded To Jets! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Favre Traded To Jets!

I still think the Jets are a 7-9 team at best.

I still think the Jets are a 7-9 team at best.

I tend to agree, but it's more because i'm basing how they played last year and the improvements they made on how they'll play this year. They certainly do play some very winnable games. The Dolphins games, the Rams, Chiefs, and the Bills (who i think will be better) twice. Until i see how the Jets are in the regular season though, i cant say i expect them to be better than 7-9 or 8-8. But maybe they will now......

it wont...

right now they have a Redskin mentality when they think that spot patching the roster will make thier team great and it wont...they set thier team back at least two years...they have been laughing at us for doing it for years and now they are excited about farve doesnt make sense to me...

to Me if im Kellen Clemmons im throwing up because first i had a chance to be starter and now he will ride the bench for yet another year...and aaron rodgers feelings this year will be Clemon's next year...

they gave up a 4th that can turn into a first if he plays 80% of the time....jets fans better hope he gets injured early on because then the conversation turns into mortgaging thier future for one year when the Pats are STILL going to beat them twice and still probably go 14-2 this season...

what the Dolphins are doing is what the jets should be doing...building through the draft and getting better on the lines instead of spend spend spend because in two years your line will implode from age and your stuck with could woulda with Clemons...

no i dont think adding farve was the right thing to do for the jets im happy we are finally rebuilding and we finally get to sit back and laugh at the spot patching of another team

It's a win-now league. I'm not going to say the Jets should be doing what the Dolphins are doing. Because we don't know how things will turn out with the Phins. It's obviously a short-term answer but I don't think Clemens was going to beat out Pennington. So they upgrade the position drastically. This isn't a Qb with 1 knee or a guy whose had 4 career starts. The Jets just got better and it is a short-term answer. Though it also indicates that management lost faith in Clemens being the long-term answer. So they need a young Qb to groom anyways. If they go to the playoffs I believe it'll be a 2nd rd pick. They need to go to the Super Bowl for it to be a 1st rd pick. As a Dolphins fan i'll admit the only reason they're relevant is because how awful they've been. It seems like ages since the Bills or the Dolphins have been in the playoffs. Though atleast the Jets go every other year. The Jets are obviously going for it and the move makes sense to me.

Doesn't make sense to me. Favre plays 1 yr then retires again....then what? They're back to the draft board and running Clemens out there again until the guy they draft is ready. I hate the Jets so I love the trade. With Favre the Jets still are not superbowl contendors, wildcard maybe. I just seems to much like a desperate attempt for Mangini to save his job. I've seen enough of it in Miami to notice it. I'm just glad for once it wasn't us!

Doesn't make sense to me. Favre plays 1 yr then retires again....then what? They're back to the draft board and running Clemens out there again until the guy they draft is ready. I hate the Jets so I love the trade. With Favre the Jets still are not superbowl contendors, wildcard maybe. I just seems to much like a desperate attempt for Mangini to save his job. I've seen enough of it in Miami to notice it. I'm just glad for once it wasn't us!

And if you pick up Penny, then mediocrity will set in, trust me!

And if you pick up Penny, then mediocrity will set in, trust me!

Why would they trust you when that statement is 100% false? When Chad was healthy we made the playoffs, when he wasn't we stunk- it's as simple as that. the only real negative on Chad is his durability, if he was durable we would have a few more playoff appearances and he'd still be our QB.

Why would they trust you when that statement is 100% false? When Chad was healthy we made the playoffs, when he wasn't we stunk- it's as simple as that. the only real negative on Chad is his durability, if he was durable we would have a few more playoff appearances and he'd still be our QB.

I think every fan gets enamored with talent. We don't look at the end results, we over-emphasize how they got there. Then if the player does not have the cannon arm we find ways to negate what they've done. The Dolphins were a much better team with Jay Fiedler when healthy. Though he didn't have the gun so we over-emphasized his mistakes. I think the same thing happens with Pennington. He doesn't make sense IMO for the Dolphins because the team around him wouldn't be good enough. An extra win IMO wouldn't be worth not getting to see what John Beck has or even Henne.

I think the Vikings would be wise to take a run at Pennington. Even as an insurance policy if they believe in Jackson.

Back
Top Bottom