Merged: Favre Traded To Jets! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Favre Traded To Jets!

ive been browsing some jets forums, and it seems like most of them are ready to throw pennington out the window.

how would you feel as Farve as a jet, the thought makes me sick to my stomach.

I already think the Jets are the second best team in the division, they get Favre and they will go deep in the playoffs.

I already think the Jets are the second best team in the division, they get Favre and they will go deep in the playoffs.

Alot of fans are mesmerized by the Favre name but dig deeper and you'll see he's basically been a medicore QB for about a decade now. Last year was his best season in 10 years and it still ended w/ an awful playoff peformance which is something we have gotten used to this decade. Favre has only been deep in the playoffs once in the weaker NFC and that was last year and they still lost as a heavy favorite at home in the title game thanks to Favre mistakes.

Remember that favre doesn't have an offseason to get acclimated to a new playbook, he's a year older, he'd cost $ and picks, he's had 1 good year in recent years and he has a 2-5 playoff record in the weak NFC this decade which includes losing at home to Atlanta and 8-8 Minnesota. Daunte Culpepper won a playoff game at lambeau, that's how bad Favre has been this decade.

I've just viewed Schein's take on the QB situation with the Jets. He feels Clemens will be the starter on opening day. I won't get into it, but for details here is the clip

http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=en-us&brand=foxsports&vid=a05876f7-afac-45ad-94c5-64cec8b74c61&playlist=&editor=&from=FOXSPORTS&fg=/nfl&rf=http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl

I think he makes some sense here, and overall his opinions are as good or better than many of the pundits who make a living speculating in more, or sometimes less, educated ways.

Why bring in Favre who's had one spectacular year out of the last 5.

I doubt that will carry over to the Jets in a seemless transition. He makes the big play and has seen everything and more beyond any other QB in the league, so that experience alone could cover for some of his declining ability......if he was back in Green Bay.

He isn't what he once was. Last years success was likely just a spike, all your going to get is an old guy with a declining learning curve who won't relinquish his crown and a divided locker room.

Not to mention a situation where a possible heir to the postion like Clemens feels kicked to the curb. It's hard enough with the possibility of Chad having to take a back seat without bringing in the 12 million dollar man, who will, without a doubt, throw the pick that loses the most important game of the season for you at the worst time he could.

Check out Giants in overtime NFC confrence final.

he had a hard time figuring out the Packers Playbook for the first couple of years when he got there so i think he will have a hard time Figuring out the jets playbook too

NFLN say's they think it now inbetween the Bucs and the jets(leaving the Vikes out) saying the jets have a better chance of picking up Favre, but i havnt read into it....so who knows?..

I wouldn't, Favre has executed the Dolphins his whole career. I dont think it would put the Jets on top by any means, but it certainly makes them more threatening (especially to us) than if they fielded Pennington or Clemons.

I feel the same way now as i did when people started posting for him to come here.

Favre did what it took Blanda almost to his 50th birthday to do- break the interception record. Last year, with the help of the Dan Marino records he broke, was the rare exception to the rule. (but not by much)

He has never had a single digit interception year and 5 times in his career he has thrown over 20 for the year. Some teams are capable of winning while throwing interceptions- last year green bay was. Most teams a turnover will kill them.

Honestly the New York Media would have crucified him after his season ending interception last year. I really believe if he ends up in new york (especially) he will hang up his shoes for the last time BEFORE the end of the season.

Only in greenbay do they see Favre as a god. Most other places will see an interception as an intercpetion and not just a godly hiccup.

Jets offfer condtional pick for Favre

The jets have offered a conditional 4th that could become a 2nd to Green Bay for Favre.

The packers wont take anything less than a guaranteed 1st rounder and Favre doesn't wanna play for a team with potential, he wants a winner.

We should get Farve and then trade him to the Vikings.

I'm sure any deal will stipulate a harsh penalty for re-gifting. But if not, since it's Spielman wheeling and dealing, we could probably wheedle a 1st in 09 and a 2nd the next year out of him.

Back
Top Bottom