Merged: Fight breaks out at Ted Ginn JR's Birthday Party! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Fight breaks out at Ted Ginn JR's Birthday Party!

YEAH GINN!!!! Great idea!! Thats one way to hurt the opposing teams secondary. Now if he can only get Revis to do the same.

Whitner gets in fight at ted ginn's b-day

don't know if it was posted, he got tasered by the cops, hope teddy didn't get involved

Taking a fighting stance with cops is probably going to end badly for the guy taking the stance most of the time.

Donte Whitner Released Due to Near Riot at Ted Ginn's B-Day Party

Hope it hasn't already been posted. Didn't see it.

I'm not one to start the "we should pick him up threads," but this may very well be a player we could have interest in. He's a young CB, and has some potential. The most interesting part of this is that he was celebrating Ted Ginn's Birthday in Cleveland, who was a classmate of his in H.S.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4061171

Here is the link to the article about him getting released. It's on the Buffalo News website.

http://www.buffalonews.com/home/story/636833.html

However, I am an idiot, as it said he was released FROM JAIL. Jeez, I need some sleep. What a dumba-- I am. lol

Well, we did draft the entire family. :foundout:

:lol2: That was the greatest part of him trying to justify his pick to us. "We drafted the Ginn Family and they will help us become a great team." :chuckle: Plus he trying to sell us that we got this amazing punt and kick returner for a #9 overall. Here is to hoping that Ginn pans out this year. He needs to become a lot more physical instead of just relying on his speed. We shall see.

Ted Ginn jr birthday party a riot

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2009/04/former_ohio_state_football_pla.html

Whitner is believed to have been at the House of Blues celebrating the birthday of Ted Ginn Jr., a wide receiver for the Miami Dolphins. Whitner and Ginn played together both at Glenville High School, where Ginn's father is the football coach, and at Ohio State.
Stacho gave the following description of Whitner's arrest:
Several fights broke out at the House of Blues and police who arrived around 3 a.m. found a near riot. Police tried to control the crowd and told Whitner to stay back. He then aggressively forced his way past police. When officers restrained him, Whitner broke free and took a fighting stance, police said.
That's when police tasered Whitner and then handcuffed him

Taking a fighting stance with cops is probably going to end badly for the guy taking the stance most of the time.

In whitner's defense the article is a little vauge as to what happened.

Whitner is believed to have been at the House of Blues celebrating the birthday of Ted Ginn Jr., a wide receiver for the Miami Dolphins. Whitner and Ginn played together both at Glenville High School, where Ginn's father is the football coach, and at Ohio State.
Stacho gave the following description of Whitner's arrest:
Several fights broke out at the House of Blues and police who arrived around 3 a.m. found a near riot. Police tried to control the crowd and told Whitner to stay back. He then aggressively forced his way past police. When officers restrained him, Whitner broke free and took a fighting stance, police said.
That's when police tasered Whitner and then handcuffed him

It says near riot which sounds a little senalistic but does imply alot of confusion. It does not state if the police were uniformed or not or if they clearly identified themselves. Witner may of been out of control and gotten what he deserved but I wont judge him off of this phlimsy article.

I know from personal experience that I have wound up in bar room brawls that I had nothing to do with starting and was merely defending myself and I have accidentally swung at the wrong people because they grabbed me without propperly identifing who they were or what thier intent was.

If a cop say grabbed whitner from behind and threw him to the ground and whitner could not see who did it and sprung up in a fighting stance I can actually understand that.

I think people should reserve their opinions until they here the whole story is all I am saying. I do think professional atheletes need to smarten up a bit at how they do things in public. For instance if Ginn was having a birthday party he should of rented out a section of the club that could be roped off with bouncers controlling it so that only invited guest could be in that area. That is a seperate issue of course but it never ceases to amaze me at how these guys expose themselves to unecessary risks. For instance if you are going out clubbing and know your going to be drinking heavy, hire one of your buddies to drive for you. Not that I am condoning drunk driving but even if your buddy does get drunk and drives you home, if you get pulled over he is the one who gets the ticket. Ideally they should hire a responsible chaufer but at the minium slide your boy a copuple of cnotes and throw a groupie his way to take the responibility of driving for you. I mean its not that hard of a situation to avoid putting yourself in. Same goes with the fighting stuff. Hire a bodygaurd to do your fighting for you so you are not involved in assault charges and police tasers.

Back
Top Bottom