Merged: Fins in position for great offeason | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Fins in position for great offeason

fitskin said:
I recall hearing this exact same thing last year, than all of our money disappeared. Don't get your hopes up.

EXACTLY!!!!
never feed into the season hype about offseason money

I agree with not gettin too hyped up. I remember getting really excited about this season when we signed Culpepper.

Another thing to consider about that $21 million under figure: Where are all the other teams? If the majority of them are close to the cap, us being $21 million under means a lot. But if most teams are in the ballpark of where we are, there's going to be a lot more money chasing the same number of players, which means that the guys we want are going to cost a lot more than if we're one of a handful of active teams in free agency.

fitskin said:
I recall hearing this exact same thing last year, than all of our money disappeared. Don't get your hopes up.

what do u mean disappeared ? we signed lots of FA's...they were not good picks, that's all.

the money will be there, it appears...hope saban uses it more wisely than he's done so far.

First if we do have 21 million, subtract about 6 mill for draft picks. We also have about 20 roster spots to fill. Very tough to get an impact free agent, when most of the money will be used just to fill the roster.As for other teams the Patriots are projected to have 35 mill in cap space as well as a bunch of draft picks. Jets are in a similar boat but with less cap space then the Pats.

Back
Top Bottom