Merged: Fins looking at McFadden/Signs with Cardinals | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Fins looking at McFadden/Signs with Cardinals

Great Signing if we get Mcfadden, I wonder If we sign Green as well.

I think with us he has the best chance to be the number one Corner. Joey can try to convince him to sign and for all those who were saying we were not gonna pay up in the offseason, every time we sign someone all you see is us ditching out boat loads. Wilson was not cheap, Grove was not cheap and Mcfadden will not be cheap either. Mcfadden will
shore up the corner position and the number 1 pick would go either to WR, OLB or DT.

I think with us he has the best chance to be the number one Corner. Joey can try to convince him to sign and for all those who were saying we were not gonna pay up in the offseason, every time we sign someone all you see is us ditching out boat loads. Wilson was not cheap, Grove was not cheap and Mcfadden will not be cheap either. Mcfadden will
shore up the corner position and the number 1 pick would go either to WR, OLB or DT.

Well no one can say you don't alsways see the glass half full.

Anyone here Jimmy Cefalo on Fins TV say the Dolphins weren't done in FA??

Look no offense the Big O said the same thing, but they are just assuming. Nobody knows what is going on in Miami. Parcells is being super Hush Hush. Look at our signings Wilson nobody knew about him signing or visiting till days after. Jake Grove was on overnight thing and the visit was announce hours before he agreed. Bell, Crowder and Carey were gonna hit FA. The only person we knew was coming and was not leaving was Berger.

I think we can snag Mcfadden, he has the best chance to start here and be part of the makings of a real good secondary. The addition of Wilson is gonna really help and Will is not a bad player and this year had his best year as a Fin, plus he is entering a contract year. Jones really turned it up in the second half when they plugged him at Nickle and addition like Mcfadden could really make this secondary great.

Great News.

The Cardinals are only expected to offer free agent CB Bryant McFadden a contract worth $3-4 million annually.
Domonique Foxworth and Ronald Bartell got about $7M a year. McFadden is arguably just as good, but missing six games last year is going to hurt him.

http://www.rotoworld.com/CONTENT/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=Nfl&id=3129

He apparently was suppose to sign with Lions and they signed Buchanon, the Cards dont want to pay him. It could come to us and the Steelers

McFadden or Bodden would be great. Just as long as we sign a starting caliber CB. We really need help back there. We would be stupid not to give him 5-6 million a year. Goodman got 5 and he doesnt compare to either. Parcells paid 6 for a injury prone Grove but doesnt want to shell out 5 for a guy who is actually worth it.

If we get him for less money than Andre Goodman got, Bill Parcells is a genius. He is a far superior player, not to mention far younger.

Look no offense the Big O said the same thing, but they are just assuming. Nobody knows what is going on in Miami. Parcells is being super Hush Hush. Look at our signings Wilson nobody knew about him signing or visiting till days after. Jake Grove was on overnight thing and the visit was announce hours before he agreed. Bell, Crowder and Carey were gonna hit FA. The only person we knew was coming and was not leaving was Berger.

I think we can snag Mcfadden, he has the best chance to start here and be part of the makings of a real good secondary. The addition of Wilson is gonna really help and Will is not a bad player and this year had his best year as a Fin, plus he is entering a contract year. Jones really turned it up in the second half when they plugged him at Nickle and addition like Mcfadden could really make this secondary great.

Great News.

Yup BP has been trained by the CIA and knows how to keep a secrete and knows how to intimidate people to keep one too. Whatever move the fins are going to make we are going to know when its done. But it seems like the suspense is killing some of us.

We need to make a bold move and sign both CBs and do what we need to do to make it work on the cap. Then we could trade down for more picks, saving a little money by not paying any first round picks.

Great News.

I agree 100% with that outlook.

McFadden would have been signed by now if any of the teams were willing to get him around 6 million. So there is a good chance that he can be had for less money. But that could also temp him into staying with Pitt...

The market is already overpriced with most positions. But Miami is going need to be like any team and over pay for guys that are riding the coat tails of superstar players contracts. The only way to win is not to pay too much for the player.

I hope Miami signs him and drafts another CB in the 2nd round of this draft. Maybe Victor Macho Harris or Sean Smith. Will Allen is great for us right now & I hope he retires as a Dolphin. I just think Miami needs another VET starter and a rookie future starter.

Not a good signing, a GREAT signing. Considering we are over a week into FA, he wont get near the $6 million he was originally looking for.

I'm not that confident he chooses the Dolphins, simply because our FO doesnt strike me as the type to outbid others. Also, if the money is remotely similar, I have a feeling he will stay with the winning organization he knows well and re-sign with Pittsburgh. Then again, I believe he is a Miami kid, so maybe he wants to come home.

I'm hopeful, but for some reason, I dont believe he will ultimately choose the Dolphins. :lol: Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer.
You're right, the Dolphins don't usually win bidding wars for top notch players. I'd be surprised if he ended up in Miami.

Back
Top Bottom