Merged: Fins looking at McFadden/Signs with Cardinals | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Fins looking at McFadden/Signs with Cardinals

actually, people aren't offering him what he wants because he's only played 16 games once; his 2nd year. Otherwise, his regular seasons have been 12,13, and 10. PLus, he's only started 18 games

When he plays, he's very physical and was arguably Pitt's best CB even above Ike Taylor, but a lot of teams aren't gonna shill out top dollar for somebody that hasn't been healthy.

Plus, who knows how he'd mesh with our coaching staff. The consensus when we signed Goodman was that we'd be in a lot of trouble if he started for us, but he was pretty good. Will Allen was thought of as a decent number 2 in NY, but has played the best football of his career in Miami. People thought that Dre Bly was a stupid signing for Detroit but he was a top 10 CB with the Lions. At the same time, some people fall flat on their face (Hugh Douglas in Jacksonville, DeAngelo Hall in Oakland).

Hey CW, where do you get most of your info? Dont get me wrong I believe everything you say and you predicted us going after Mcfadden, but where could I read up on these thing? You see to be more informed that most. Thanks

Hey CW, where do you get most of your info? Dont get me wrong I believe everything you say and you predicted us going after Mcfadden, but where could I read up on these thing? You see to be more informed that most. Thanks

the info on why McFadden isn't getting a deal he wants comes from various sources; NFL Network, Sirius Radio, and through college I've met Bill Hillgrove (Steelers commentator) and he's given me info as I'm going to school for Sports Broadcasting/Journalism. Through him, and my academic advisor Sharon Stringer, I have developed contacts with some league sources.

So you are not gonna find a lot of stuff I say in print form, but I don't just pull stuff out of thin air.

I'd rather have Jason Allen start than that guy. Yep, seriously.

the info on why McFadden isn't getting a deal he wants comes from various sources; NFL Network, Sirius Radio, and through college I've met Bill Hillgrove (Steelers commentator) and he's given me info as I'm going to school for Sports Broadcasting/Journalism. Through him, and my academic advisor Sharon Stringer, I have developed contacts with some league sources.

So you are not gonna find a lot of stuff I say in print form, but I don't just pull stuff out of thin air.

Thanks for the response. Anyone else that we may be interested in? I know we are not looking for big names at this point, but just something to tide me over. I am not trying to hijack the thread, but I am really bored.

As I said in another thread, Miami is talking to Bodden as well but they won't sign both. Sparano and Ireland want to draft a CB in the early rounds (supposedly), but they also want to make sure there is money available to give Will Allen an extension. The coaches and players love him, and he loves the organization and would prefer to retire a Fin. That is one reason Miami is hesitant to go on a FA spree.

Miami is looking at some depth guys though (Eric Green, Brandon McGowan) in the secondary.

Miami thought they had a deal in place with Kevin BUrnett to play LB, but he's been taking visits. He wants to be a 3 down LB after being a 3rd down LB with Dallas is career. I've heard he'd love to play for coach Pasqualoni (who was his position coach), BUT he wants to start. We're still in play for him, but if he signs elsewhere it's because he's garunteed a starting job.
We are looking at Adam Seward and Brandon Moore for depth though.

We offered Colin Cole a 5 year deal to be the backup NT, but he took a deal with Seattle to be a starter. Other than that we're looking at depth guys for both DE and NT (Mike Wright and Ethan Kelley have been mentioned)

Those are the names I heard, but Miami is looking more for depth than starters. Also don't rule out a vet FA signing, but don't count on it either.

As I said in another thread, Miami is talking to Bodden as well but they won't sign both. Sparano and Ireland want to draft a CB in the early rounds (supposedly), but they also want to make sure there is money available to give Will Allen an extension. The coaches and players love him, and he loves the organization and would prefer to retire a Fin. That is one reason Miami is hesitant to go on a FA spree.

Miami is looking at some depth guys though (Eric Green, Brandon McGowan) in the secondary.

Miami thought they had a deal in place with Kevin BUrnett to play LB, but he's been taking visits. He wants to be a 3 down LB after being a 3rd down LB with Dallas is career. I've heard he'd love to play for coach Pasqualoni (who was his position coach), BUT he wants to start. We're still in play for him, but if he signs elsewhere it's because he's garunteed a starting job.
We are looking at Adam Seward and Brandon Moore for depth though.

We offered Colin Cole a 5 year deal to be the backup NT, but he took a deal with Seattle to be a starter. Other than that we're looking at depth guys for both DE and NT (Mike Wright and Ethan Kelley have been mentioned)

Those are the names I heard, but Miami is looking more for depth than starters. Also don't rule out a vet FA signing, but don't count on it either.

Very interesting read. I'd love if we got one of the top CBs so we can focus on NT and WR. I wouldn't mind Brandon Moore.

I would love to think we could make this happen.

Great CB but you have to worry about the cost. I think we need a CB, big time, but at the right cost. I would try Bodden, he might come at a slightly better price.

I know the Stillers offered him a 5 year deal that he likes, but he thinks he can get more. I'd love to have him here. He's developed into a very good CB and the Steelers are better with him in the line up.
How much money was it?

If the Dolphins get McFadden I'd be happy with that. But even so if we did he wouldn't fix the secondary depth wise. If we got him and Bodden for cheap and maybe draft a DB with one of our second rounders I think we'd be good off for years to come.

Wow, I would be so happy to get another fellow nole on this team. I wish we could get him and Cromartie..lol..a dream, but homerism aside, I think they are great DBs.

Nobdy seems to give credit to Jones who last year when plug in did an excellent job on blitzing and aquiring sacks. He also had an INT and I think he will continue to develope as a good nickle and dime corner.

I think if we add Mcfadden we go into the season with Mcfadden, Allen, Jones and draft pick.

I dont think the FO is going to go into this season expecting much out of Jason Allen. IMO, we will sign a veteran and then draft a CB in the first 3 rounds, leaving us with Will Allen, FA, Draft Pick and Nate Jones.

I wonder what kind of relationship joey has with macfadden? Anyone have any idea if peezy could talk macfadden into coming to south beach....

Back
Top Bottom