Merged: Harold Reynolds Fired. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Harold Reynolds Fired.

mjwenz said:
I heard that ESPN never liked Reynolds, and the only reason he was there was because Peter Gammons wouldn't work without him. And, since Gammons may have to retire, they felt Reynolds was expendable.

NO, they just gave him a new contract. That isn't the case at all

From PFT.......................................

ESPN DUMPS REYNOLDS
Though it has nothing to do with football, we were stunned to see that ESPN abruptly fired baseball analyst Harold Reynolds.
So we poked around a little bit with some of our industry connections (yes, we have a few) to find out why Reynolds has gotten the boot.
Here's what we learned.
Reynolds recently had signed a new contract with ESPN, and was let go for "a fairly significant company violation." Fueled by rumors that we spotted on deadspin.com regarding the question of whether Reynolds had uttered phrases like "You're with me, leather" to one or more of his female co-workers, we pressed for more info, and our source told us that it was "definitely" a case of sexual harassment.
Based on our legal experience, it's unusual for the employer to dump the alleged harasser, if there's any concern that the matter might end up in litigation. It becomes difficult for the company to claim that the allegations aren't valid if the company has fired the guy.
Our guess? There must be some pretty damning evidence to prompt the network to move so quickly -- along the lines, say, of George Costanza's activities with the cleaning lady to whom he gave the sweater with the red spot. Otherwise, ESPN would have waited until a more natural point to sever the relationship.
Also, given that Reynolds had recently signed a new contract, it's pretty clear that this is something that just, um, popped up.

THIS MAKES A LOT OF SENSE I MUST ADMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MikeO said:
If they fired him over that, then my GOD ESPN sunk to new lows I dont' even think they could have sunk too.

It's like ESPN is turning into FOX NEWS. Take a stance and force their on air talent to push it no matter what.

Hey I agree, the whole thing is a little fishy. I'm sure we'll get more information on it sooner than later. Right now it's all speculation.

MikeO said:
From PFT.......................................

ESPN DUMPS REYNOLDS
Though it has nothing to do with football, we were stunned to see that ESPN abruptly fired baseball analyst Harold Reynolds.
So we poked around a little bit with some of our industry connections (yes, we have a few) to find out why Reynolds has gotten the boot.
Here's what we learned.
Reynolds recently had signed a new contract with ESPN, and was let go for "a fairly significant company violation." Fueled by rumors that we spotted on deadspin.com regarding the question of whether Reynolds had uttered phrases like "You're with me, leather" to one or more of his female co-workers, we pressed for more info, and our source told us that it was "definitely" a case of sexual harassment.
Based on our legal experience, it's unusual for the employer to dump the alleged harasser, if there's any concern that the matter might end up in litigation. It
becomes difficult for the company to claim that the allegations aren't valid if the company has fired the guy.
Our guess? There must be some pretty damning evidence to prompt the network to move so quickly -- along the lines, say, of George Costanza's activities with the cleaning lady to whom he gave the sweater with the red spot. Otherwise, ESPN would have waited until a more natural point to sever the relationship.
Also, given that Reynolds had recently signed a new contract, it's pretty clear that this is something that just, um, popped up.

THIS MAKES A LOT OF SENSE I MUST ADMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The whole sexual harassment rumor got thrown out early this afternoon. But I guess it's back.

Ray Finkle said:
The whole sexual harassment rumor got thrown out early this afternoon. But I guess it's back.

I would believe the sexual harrassment story more than the A-rod story at this point.

NMNB said:
Yeah you should, but in today's day and age, minorities always have an advantage. What do you think affirmative action is? What about companies that have quotas? It's racism. But it's ok, because it's only racism against white people.

The fact is, it's very difficult to fire minorities these days. That isn't the way it "should" be, but that's the way it is.

wow, im not touching that one

sexual harrassment. Confirmed by multiple papers.

IDK Harold looked like a class act. Michael Irvin was a drug addict so it did not surprise me that they caught him with drug paraphernalia but when havve you ever heard Harold Reynold's name being thrown around.

23Ronnie23 said:
IDK Harold looked like a class act. Michael Irvin was a drug addict so it did not surprise me that they caught him with drug paraphernalia but when havve you ever heard Harold Reynold's name being thrown around.

The difference is what Harold did effects the co-workers around him and puts ESPN in a position of being sued (by the female) if ESPN doesn't take action against Harold.

Irvin didn't have to show up to work and be around his drug dealer everyday and the drug dealer isn't going to sue ESPN over anything Irvin did.

That is the difference!

I like Harold and he seems like a good guy, but there has to be something else then a simple hug. ESPN is not going to fire a guy like harold because a women says he hugged her wrong.

Back
Top Bottom