MERGED-Harrington to bench?-Lets see what Lemon has | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED-Harrington to bench?-Lets see what Lemon has

LOL, I don't believe this for a second...it would be interesting to see Cleo get a shot but I don't think we see Lemon unless Harrington get's hurt.

I seriously doubt Saban will end pulling Harrington, that is unless he somehow gets too banged up to continue starting. That's always a possibility with this OL....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Scatman said:
[mod] Do not circumvent the profanity filter! [/mod]

get sacked and fumble probably.....yea lets let him start against the best defense...wooooooo F yea.

They should keep Joey in.....i think his last int's were cause he was trying to make happen real bad...and at this point who wouldnt be.

Dude has been throwing picks his WHOLE career. It's nothing new buddy.

Cleo, the Dolphins version of Tom Brady. :eek: Yeah I wish.

You don't throw the Lemon to the dogs like that. Maybe if Joey is struggling, thats bout it.

Hey after seeing what Tony Romo did for the Cowboys, I think any coach would be intrigued in seeing what they have in an untested player. There's absolutely no negative to do so. This team is pure garbage this year, so why not see if there is in fact a diamond in the rough. Guys like Jake Delhomme and Kurt Warner needed to be given a chance too. If Lemon fails, so what? That's what is expected of an undrafted player.

Throwing Lemon out there is NOT the equivalent of throwing in the towel. They traded 6th round picks for both Harrington and Lemon. Harrington they gave a higher salary because he's tested and they know more of what they have in him...but the investment is still the same.

They're high on Lemon, always have been, as have been the Chargers coaches, and if we continue struggling with Harrington yes...we toss Lemon out there to see if he is BETTER.

Throwing in the towel would be throwing in a guy who you KNOW will not play better but who you just want to get experience so that maybe in the future he plays better.

That wouldn't be the case here. Lemon would be out there because they think he can play better right now, not a year from now.

they didn't say lemon was coming in this week but if he struggles look for lemon next week...if harrington sucks today and we lose y not?

Well, if we're 1-10 or 2-9.....what difference does it make at that point. If it comes to those records, I would rather see Cleo just to see if he has anything. Probably not, but you never know.

ckparrothead said:
Throwing Lemon out there is NOT the equivalent of throwing in the towel. They traded 6th round picks for both Harrington and Lemon. Harrington they gave a higher salary because he's tested and they know more of what they have in him...but the investment is still the same.

They're high on Lemon, always have been, as have been the Chargers coaches, and if we continue struggling with Harrington yes...we toss Lemon out there to see if he is BETTER.

Throwing in the towel would be throwing in a guy who you KNOW will not play better but who you just want to get experience so that maybe in the future he plays better.

That wouldn't be the case here. Lemon would be out there because they think he can play better right now, not a year from now.

That's if they continue to struggle with Harrington. In that scenario then the players wouldn't certainly mind the change either.

But I don't think you make the change until this team is mathematically eliminated (which, granted, isn't too far off) or they know Joey isn't going to improve enough to make any difference.

Dolfansal said:
This season is for crap. Keeping Joey in will increase what we have to give detroit due to playing time.

It is time to see what we have in Cleo. I had a dream the other night and it went like the movie Any Given Sunday. Cleo was the mobile Willie Beamon, and we actually made something of the season.

We have nothing to lose. Lets get him some playing time and see what we have!
Bet you dream in technicolor LMAO:sidelol:

cleo is our sage this year. A guy we want in just cause our QB sucks when we all know Cleo wont do a thing better than what is going on.

I guess I saw a different preseason than everybody else. What did Lemon do, and who did he do it against? Third stringers? QB is the least of our worries right now. Like lemon is going to come in and make our secondary improve, or our line will start opening holes for our RBs, and our receivers will be able to catch all of a sudden. Joe's doing fine with what he has. Yeah, he needs to improve his play. But there are more important areas that need tending to right now. Lemon is more mobile. Great, now we can have our QB running around in the backfield before he throws a ball for our receivers to tip up for an interception. Man, the media is having a fun time with some of you guys.

CChambers7284 said:
cleo is our sage this year. A guy we want in just cause our QB sucks when we all know Cleo wont do a thing better than what is going on.
Do you know something we don't? How can you use a general statement and throw Cleo under the bus without seeing what he can do. Your statement makes it sound like you are Nick Saban.:shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom