MERGED: I am growing tired of the O-Gun situation / Plaxico | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: I am growing tired of the O-Gun situation / Plaxico

TheBostonBomber

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Could we get burress?

This was mentioned in another thread but what are the details about a possible move to get him......is it even an option.......i would love to get him.

Of course hes an option...but a very unlikley one. Pitt doesnt seem to want to part, and if they did itd probably be for a hihg pick.

Year G GS No Yards Avg Lg TD
2000 12 9 22 273 12.4 39 0
2001 16 16 66 1008 15.3 43 6
2002 16 15 78 1325 17.0 62 7
2003 16 16 60 860 14.3 47 4
Hes durable but why the drop-off in 2003? Poor QB Play?

Washington Post said:
Some in the organization blamed the falloff on an occasional lack of concentration and a reluctance to run disciplined pass routes, and the Steelers are wary of committing more big money to him. He is in the final season of an $8.67 million, five-year contract.
Focus Much? Maybe he's hittin the bong w/RW :rolleyes:

Link....

Burress is in camp with the Steelers, unlike Keenan McCardell, who is a holdout and thus far more likely to switch teams. Burress is (I think) a free agent after the season, but given his inconsistent play, they'll probably have him play out the year and decide what to do after the season.

His dropoff in 2003 was due to a few things. QB play was one of them, but he also had a pretty bad case of alligator arms.

McKnight signed with the Giants, I think. In any event, he is available.

I heard Burress was in Cowher's doghouse, but I doubt they let him go cheap. I wish we would have kept McKnight for his speed now.

Burress is more of a deep threat guy. We already have that in Chambers.. what we need is a possession guy, like Hines Ward. :up:

Dear God give me any receiver in that category to pair with Chambers and I'll be happy. I couldn't care what kind of WR he is.

Burress in Miami??

I heard on 1400 a.m. that a trade for Plaxico Burress to Miami may be in the works. Has anyone else heard anything about this?? I have checked all over the internet and seen nuttin on it.

That would surprise me big time. I don't know if I would want him, seems to be anopther one with an attitude and issues. He has a ton of potential but has not shined. I still like the solid veteran K

dolfanrodney said:
That would surprise me big time. I don't know if I would want him, seems to be anopther one with an attitude and issues. He has a ton of potential but has not shined. I still like the solid veteran K
veteran k?? hes not a kicker hes a wide receiver

Back
Top Bottom