MERGED: I keep comparing Feeley to M. Hasselbeck, but now.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: I keep comparing Feeley to M. Hasselbeck, but now..

Gladsadmad

Active Roster
Reaction score
I keep comparing Feeley to M. Hasselbeck, but now..

I'm starting to get real worried.

I know it's probably too early to be getting nervous, but Hasselbeck was 25 when acquired by Seattle in 2001 and he proceeded to start 12 games..even though he didn't fare that well (7 TD's, 8 INT's).

Feeley is 27 and it's looking more and more possible that he may not win the starting job this year. These kinds of reports don't help...
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/9377827.htm

"Quarterback A.J. Feeley still looks hesitant and was intercepted by Alphonso Roundtree. Feeley had several other passes batted down at the line of scrimmage."

This comes one day after fumbling 2 snaps in the 2 minute drill and less than a week after not getting rid of the ball on 3rd down and getting sacked then throwing a pass shy of the 1st down on 4th down in the Texans scrimmage. I'm getting scared now. :(

I know I should wait and see, but so far I'm not hearing many positive things. If he doesn't start, that doesn't bode well for his future on this team.

Combine that with the possibilty of Carey not starting and you've got 2 huge..mega-blunders by Spielman..at least for the 2004 season. I hope it doesn't happen and they both win starting jobs to justify the price paid to acquire them (2nd & 4th round picks). :pray:

I know I should wait and see, but so far I'm not hearing many positive things. If AJ doesn't start, that doesn't bode well for his future on this team.

Combine that with the possibilty of Carey not starting and you've got 2 huge..mega-blunders by Spielman..at least for the 2004 season. I hope it doesn't happen and they both win starting jobs to justify the price paid to acquire them (2nd & 4th round picks). :pray:
Well said:yes: .It seems to me I have read a similar "Minority" opinion from someone else on this board........................but I cant remember who.:rolleyes:

However I still hold out hope :pray: that AJ will come along eventually.:hitself:

Just an observation; Why is not a players IQ considered :huh: when drafting or selecting a player? :dunce: The Pats do it with considerable success thus having key players learn their position faster.Could it be that there is not much of it (IQ that is)sprinkled in our FO.:stooges:

RS has done a hell of a job this offseason. His draft picks are the ones getting the highest praise this offseason. Poole, Pope and Bua (and some say, Carey) have been doing great so far.

It's incredibly shortsighted to think that just because neither one of these guys start in their first season with the team that they should be considered mega-blunders.

yep, Hasselback was benched during his first year as a Seahawk in favor of Dilfer because he wasnt grasping the offense. Did any of you think Feeley wouldnt have days where he struggles at all? He is young and new in the offense, he has not seen it all yet. Let preseason play out before you judge.

chalk it up now, fiedler will start the season, and in will come AJ later.

finfan54 said:
chalk it up now, fiedler will start the season, and in will come AJ later.
I can't count how many times that has been said.

It's true but, nobody wants to believe it.

If he's not starting today then he must suck. :nono:

Gladsadmad said:
I know I should wait and see, but so far I'm not hearing many positive things. If he doesn't start, that doesn't bode well for his future on this team.
:pray:

If you are looking for some similarities for hope think Jake Delhomme. He couldn't beat out Rodney Peete in camp last year. :cooldude:

Hasselbeck didn't begin to blossom until the end of '02 (a year and a half after he went to Seattle). Also, Hasselbeck was turned 26 right after the season started. Feeley's only about a year older.

touborg said:
RS has done a hell of a job this offseason. His draft picks are the ones getting the highest praise this offseason. Poole, Pope and Bua (and some say, Carey) have been doing great so far.
Once again. Pay not attention to players being pumped up in camp. Nothing they done will matter start this weekend. Its what you do in games that count.

inFINSible said:
It's incredibly shortsighted to think that just because neither one of these guys start in their first season with the team that they should be considered mega-blunders.
Just want to point out that what Seattle gave up for Hasselbeck and what Miami gave up for Feeley was a huge difference. Miami gave up a No. 2 for an established players. When you give up a No. 2 for a 3 year vet then you should have some idea as to what you are getting. Feeley should be able to come in and start this season and play at a high level, but he may need to get the rust off since he has only started about 12 games since HS, and played very little since.

As I have said before. Miami panicked on this trade when they found out they were not going to get Brunnell. They then went out and got the only young QB available and paid a kings ransom for him. I've said it before and I will say it again. At the time of the trade Miam overpaid. Now if Feeley turns into a quality starter then Miami got lucky, but it still does not change the fact they overpaid.

How bout this? AJ AINT CUTIN IT!

AJ Feeley is still doing the same thing he was doing in the QB camps where he looked horrendous. five months later and he is still running around waiting to get nailed by someone who doesnt give a damn about QB's. Dont let your desire fog the truth.

Dphins4me said:
Just want to point out that what Seattle gave up for Hasselbeck and what Miami gave up for Feeley was a huge difference. Miami gave up a No. 2 for an established players. When you give up a No. 2 for a 3 year vet then you should have some idea as to what you are getting. Feeley should be able to come in and start this season and play at a high level, but he may need to get the rust off since he has only started about 12 games since HS, and played very little since.

As I have said before. Miami panicked on this trade when they found out they were not going to get Brunnell. They then went out and got the only young QB available and paid a kings ransom for him. I've said it before and I will say it again. At the time of the trade Miam overpaid. Now if Feeley turns into a quality starter then Miami got lucky, but it still does not change the fact they overpaid.
Thanks for pointing that out. You're right.

Seattle gave up more for Hasselbeck.

I guess what you meant to say was, "Since Seattle gave up a first round pick for an established player and that player wasn't any good for a FULL season then you're right inFINS, it is incredibly short sighted to label Feeley anything at this point, much less a mega-blunder."

To which I would reply, "Thank you."

I'll wait til I see him in some preseason games before passing judgement.

I don't. Supposedly, AJ has always practiced poorly and elevates his play during games. How true that is remains to be seen. I guess we'll get a better look at him against the Jaguars.

Back
Top Bottom