Merged: Is this guy serious???/for everyones info | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Is this guy serious???/for everyones info

JCfinfan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Is this guy serious???

John Czarnecki / FOX Sports
Posted: 2 hours ago

There is suddenly talk of Kerry Collins and Kurt Warner again in South Florida because A.J. Feeley, the newest Miami quarterback, didn't look much better than holdover Jay Fiedler during last weekend's minicamp.

In fact, some coaches thought Fiedler looked better.
With so much pressure on Dolphins coach Dave Wannstedt and his staff to make the playoffs this season, the team better get it right at quarterback. The defense is very good, but the team needs a passing game to compete in the very difficult AFC East.

Um, does he realize we are 4 days in???? Get a life Dude!!

"Reporters" love it when they get to speculate, and guys like Warner/Collins being available make that possible. I'll bet that there are guys in about 20 cities prepping stories on how one or both of these guys could be the answer for their team...

Jimmy James said:
"Reporters" love it when they get to speculate, and guys like Warner/Collins being available make that possible. I'll bet that there are guys in about 20 cities prepping stories on how one or both of these guys could be the answer for their team...

WHEN did wild speculation like this rise to the level of "reporting"? Serious quesiton. Has it always been this bad?

The guy reads a few camp reports on Finheaven and thinks he's got a story...

"In fact, some coaches thought Fiedler looked better."

I wonder where he got this "fact"?? Could he have mistaken his opinion for fact? It does seem to run rampant on here sometimes.

It comes and goes in cycles. We're getting dangerously close to the low-water mark for journalism, so I think we'll see a change for the good some time in the next decade. Hopefully, that will mean getting the story right AND having something thoughtful to say about it intead of rushing a half-assed piece onto the air/into print.

This is exactly how rumors get started. The threads will soon start with speculation about who is comming here, Collins or Warner. Sit back and enjoy.

This is exactly how rumors get started. The threads will soon start with speculation about who is comming here, Collins or Warner. Sit back and enjoy.

Actually we've already been discussing it, the reporters in the papers give out old info they probably compile at this site....I know for a FACT that Big O, Sagulero, Cole, and a couple others all read this site. We were talking about Collins and Warner over the weekend before these guys knew anything.

I want the Marino and Aikman un-retirement rumors to cycle back around again. Those were fun. While we're at it, maybe we can get Barry Sanders in here to back up our 4 RBs... :rolleyes:

IMO Warner is washed up. He hasn't won in a long time, forget him. Is Collins such an upgrade over what we now have? It would be a learning curve for anybody coming in now. I think we better hope that Feeley is the right guy. Let's have faith in Rick till we have reason to feel differently.

Northcutt is also a rumor I can get behind, even though I think he'd be just as big a headache for us as he is being for the Browns.

Jimmy James said:
Northcutt is also a rumor I can get behind, even though I think he'd be just as big a headache for us as he is being for the Browns.
I think you are right on about that JJ. Northcutt want ot be 1 or a 2 and he sure is ain't gonna be that here. So he would just end up complaining here too.

Finsflurry said:

Actually we've already been discussing it, the reporters in the papers give out old info they probably compile at this site....I know for a FACT that Big O, Sagulero, Cole, and a couple others all read this site. We were talking about Collins and Warner over the weekend before these guys knew anything.
Just goes to show how well informed our Phinfans are.

I think Northcutt actually could be a #2. I know this is blasphemy, but I could also see a situation play out where we could get Northcutt for a year, try him out, and then choose to extend Northcutt and extend McMichael rather than re-sign Chambers. If that did happen, I'd miss #84 just as much as anybody. It would be a business decision about the value of having DN and RM vs. CC if the money really did work out like that.

The Browns would have to cut us a hell of a deal on the guy first, though.

I think Northcutt has the abilty to a #2 but not on this team, at this point. So I just wonder how happy he would be here. Wonder what it would really take to get him from Cleveland?

Back
Top Bottom