Merged: Is this guy serious???/for everyones info | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Is this guy serious???/for everyones info

JCfinfan said:
John Czarnecki / FOX Sports
Posted: 2 hours ago

There is suddenly talk of Kerry Collins and Kurt Warner again in South Florida because A.J. Feeley, the newest Miami quarterback, didn't look much better than holdover Jay Fiedler during last weekend's minicamp.

In fact, some coaches thought Fiedler looked better.
With so much pressure on Dolphins coach Dave Wannstedt and his staff to make the playoffs this season, the team better get it right at quarterback. The defense is very good, but the team needs a passing game to compete in the very difficult AFC East.

Um, does he realize we are 4 days in???? Get a life Dude!!

Yet one more moronic talking head who knows absolutely nothing.

Maybe we can draft Phillip Rivers. I hear he will be there for us at #20. :roflmao:

Whenever I read, watch, or listen to the media, I always remember what their primary job is. Generating revenue, period! Never let the facts get in the way of a good $tory, I always say.

Also, very few “reporters†have every played the sports they cover at any competitive level. This is especially true when it comes to football. Can you name one reporter, print especially, who’s played at the Div 1 college level? Just because they have a BA in journalism they know what they are talking about? C’mon! They might have started doing the O-bits at the Pigsknuckle picayune.

I can call myself an “expert†if the only criteria are watching a lot of the sport on TV and a college degree.

templarwd said:
Whenever I read, watch, or listen to the media, I always remember what their primary job is. Generating revenue, period! Never let the facts get in the way of a good $tory, I always say.

Also, very few “reporters†have every played the sports they cover at any competitive level. This is especially true when it comes to football. Can you name one reporter, print especially, who’s played at the Div 1 college level? Just because they have a BA in journalism they know what they are talking about? C’mon! They might have started doing the O-bits at the Pigsknuckle picayune.

I can call myself an “expert†if the only criteria are watching a lot of the sport on TV and a college degree.[/QUOTE]

Cool. I guess that means I am an expert too. I should add that to my signature :D If you played ball in high school does that mean you get moved up to super expert status or what? :lol:

Is this guy serious???

I hope so, I dont want Warner, but not bringing Collins in here is unexcusable.

BSQX4 said:
IMO Warner is washed up. He hasn't won in a long time, forget him. Is Collins such an upgrade over what we now have? It would be a learning curve for anybody coming in now. I think we better hope that Feeley is the right guy. Let's have faith in Rick till we have reason to feel differently.

Relax, this is a wild rumor and it's not going anywhere.

As long as they don't get their info the PFT, I guess. Because of our tenuous QB situation, Couch, Warner, Huard, Collins...anyone that retired in the last two years will all be "rumored" to be coming here. The fact is that most media folks don't see AJ as our answer because he is unproven, for that matter so is JF (for different reasons, of course). So, on June 1 when Doug Flutie is cut from SD, he'll be rumored too ! (No, I don't want to start a rumor. I have no idea if SD will cut Flutie, but now that I've said it, in a week, it'll end up in the PFT rumor mill.....LOL)

Northcutt is not a #2. He's been cast into the #3 KR/PR role for too long. If Northcutt's a #2... Peerless Price is a #1.

I would be kinda excited if we picked up Collins. No more Fiedler, Feeley just competes with Collins...and Feeley is the future.

I'd be more excited by the team picking up Bootsy Collins than I would be by Kerry Collins. At least Bootsy could entertain the players with his bass guitar.

For everyone's info

Article on foxsports.com

THE WRONG GUY?
Dolphins not sold on Feeley as starter, may keep lookin

A.J. Feeley didn't show the Dolphins much during last weekend's minicamp. At least, not enough to show he's a better quarterback than incumbent Jay Fiedler. With immense pressure to make the playoffs this season, John Czarnecki says there is talk the Dolphins might be interested in Kerry Collins or Kurt Warner.

http://www.foxsports.com/named/FS/NFL

I dont believe that the FO would give up on AJ that quickly.

Rick and Wayne seem to be sold that AJ is our guy.

I would not complain if we brought KC in, but we gotta give AJ a chance.

Then there is the arguement: what if AJ and Jay can't get it done? What makes AJ any different from Lucas and Griese?

They should've made AJ the starter from the outset because I, for one, never believed that he was gna beat out Jay

Back
Top Bottom