Votes: 17 26.6%

Votes: 35 54.7%

Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
burger13 said:
Tennessee is #3, not #4.....they would be passing on Bush, Lienart or Young if they took Cutler at #3.......not likely.

Right they're third,my bad, but I'm just passing along what I've heard on Sirius radio and 790 that Cutler's stock is rising and that Tennessee has serious man-love for Cutler. There's alot that can happen between now and the draft. My main point was that all three QBs will likely be gone before where Saban would be willing to move up to.

This whole I love this guy or this position is what gets everyone in trouble come draft time.

I say take him if he's there at 16 or try to trade down and pick the best S, LT, or best player available.

KyPhinfan13 said:
After Young, Lienart, and Cutler, what's left?

DeMeco Ryans, Chad Greenway, Michael Huff, Rod Wright, Jon Scott, Eric Winston, Marcus McNeill, Jimmy Williams, Chad Jackson

How does the trade with Detroit work you ask?

"Detroit gets:

Miami 1st round (pick #16)
Miami 2nd round (pick #48)
Miami 3rd round (pick #80)

Miami gets:

Detroit 1st round (pick #9)
Detroit 3rd round (pick #73)"

Spielman? IS that you??
jk

HysterikiLL said:
DeMeco Ryans, Chad Greenway, Michael Huff, Rod Wright, Jon Scott, Eric Winston, Marcus McNeill, Jimmy Williams, Chad Jackson

ooh..wouldn't that be sweet if we somehow got Eric Winston? We'll have 2 U-M-ers on our line. Start a nice tradition.

KyPhinfan13 said:
I know there are a lot of threads on Jay Cutler as a target for the Dolphins in the upcoming draft. However, I haven't seen very much optimism in trading up to a realistic spot in which Cutler would still be able. After looking at draft value chart, I believe we can trade up with Detroit (pick #9) and still be able to get Cutler. I think that Detroit will stick with Harrington for at least another year before they decide to cut ties with him. Picks #1-#3 will most likely be Bush, Young, and Leinart (in which order, I do not know) New York Jets pick #4 and they will probably not take a QB this year because they will see what Pennington has left, if anything. San Fran and Green Bay pick next and surely neither will pick a QB. If they don't trade down, the only other team we would really have to worry about picking Cutler would be the Raiders as the Bills aren't done with the Losman experiment. I have a feeling that the Cardinals will take a shot at trading up to get Cutler as well.

The X-Factor in all of this is Dante Culpepper. No, I don't think Saban will go after Culpepper, but I do think he'll end up as a Cardinal or a Raider next year. So if Culpepper becomes a Raider, if we can pull off a trade with Detroit, I can see us getting Cutler at #9 as long as the Bills don't want to screw us and trade with Arizona.

How does the trade with Detroit work you ask?

Detroit gets:

Miami 1st round (pick #16)
Miami 2nd round (pick #48)
Miami 3rd round (pick #80)

Miami gets:

Detroit 1st round (pick #9)
Detroit 3rd round (pick #73)

According to the draft value chart, Miami would give up 1610 points but would be getting 1575 in return.

Another possibility would be giving up a 1st round pick this year and next year. I think that you've got to take a shot on getting a young franchise QB this year, whatever it takes. Remember, most draft "experts" say that a 1st round pick next year is worth a 2nd round pick this year.

To end this long post, I just want to make it clear: GET CUTLER!!!

Att his point its tough to saay whos going where...there will be many surprises...dont count on the Jets NOT drafting a QB....they will not want to be put in the same situation as this year without a QB

Why give up all of those picks in the draft for Cutler when there are sleeper quarterbacks all throughout the draft? I have a feeling that Ngata could slip to number 16 and we cannot pass on that

what about hackney? ive heard that hes big but that could also help us

phinfan88 said:
what about hackney? ive heard that hes big but that could also help us

Big as in weight, but he's only 5'11.

BringBackShula said:
ooh..wouldn't that be sweet if we somehow got Eric Winston? We'll have 2 U-M-ers on our line. Start a nice tradition.

He would be a reach at #16.

I think the Dolphins need to come out of this draft with a QB of the future and I think Saban feels the same way. So as I said in another thread it will come down to whether they feel Croyle or Whitehurst can be a QB in this league and if they can get one of them in rounds 2 or 3. If not and they really like Cutler I think they will move up and take him. If they feel confident about Croyle or Whitehurst they will stay where they are and get one of those guys later on. The way Croyle has looked at the Senior Bowl practices we probably won't have a chance at him in the 3rd though.

SECfootball said:
There's too much value in the second round to be giving that pick up for Cutler. I'd rather wait it out and see what our options are at #16.

Agreed. Something tells me that Croyle is going to be a solid pro. Rather take him in 2nd or 3rd rd.
Of course I will reserve further judgement until AFTER the Sr. Bowl

SpeedRush99 said:
He would be a reach at #16.

A big reach, and I am a Canes fan. He's destined to be a solid NFL LT. Nothing more IMO. He is not a franchise LT at the next level from what I've seen this past season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom