MERGED: Jets Release 5 Players (Scott, Pace) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Jets Release 5 Players (Scott, Pace)

I feel no sympathy whatsoever for the Jets but it should be a cautionary tale about the dangers of selling the farm to try and win now. I hope they suck for the next decade but I think they’ll rebound quickly.

Cautionary tale? every team has to release older, expensive players from time to time. The last time we had a purge like this was 11 years ago(and then we won the division), all of these moves were expected and planned for by the previous GM. I would like 1 or 2 of them back at a reduced salary but it made no sense to keep them at the price we were paying.

2013 may be a tough year, it depends on what value FAs we can get and how we do in the draft but the jets aren't strapped for years to come.

---------- Post added at 08:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 AM ----------

With those cuts they are just below 6mil. They only have 10 returning starters (this includes Taco) and have over 25 roster spots to replace now. Of course nyjunc will tell you this happens all the time in the NFL and theres not to be concerned over:brewskis:

Nah, we'll go 0-16 next year and hopefully by 2017 we can win 4 or 5 games. It's really going to suck watching Miami win all those SBs too.

Nah, we'll go 0-16 next year and hopefully by 2017 we can win 4 or 5 games. It's really going to suck watching Miami win all those SBs too.

It's nice to see you finally get on board. :up:

It's nice to see you finally get on board. :up:

It's taken some time but I am seeing the light.

All jokes aside you guys should be better and if you have a good offseason I think you should be a playoff team(along w/ the development of your QB). We'll see how it goes, I always try to post honest opinions. Since I have been here there haven't been many times where you guys looked better on paper going into a season- this year should be one of those years.

I hate the jets.
I love watching the media circus, and they have done it to themselves. Rex Ryan should have been the first to go.
Seeing Polite blow up Scott in the hole a couple of years ago sticks with me, and i wish someon had a sig of it!

Not unexpected. At this point I think the Jets will have to lick their wounds in 2013. 2014 will be better but 2015 is when they should have purged the bad contracts and can move forward.

I would not be surprised if Revis or Cromartie will be traded. Not only does that free up more cap space, they can focus on re signing Revis if that is the route they chose. I they keep Revis but are unable to re sign him and he walks away, that would be a huge blunder. Tough decision.

I think the Jets will be a better team then many of you expect but I also think as of right now, they will finish 4th in the AFC. If they find a QB and get good play from the position they could win 6-7 games. The defense will actually be a problem next year with the amount of talent that won't return and the lack of depth.

Not unexpected. At this point I think the Jets will have to lick their wounds in 2013. 2014 will be better but 2015 is when they should have purged the bad contracts and can move forward.

I would not be surprised if Revis or Cromartie will be traded. Not only does that free up more cap space, they can focus on re signing Revis if that is the route they chose. I they keep Revis but are unable to re sign him and he walks away, that would be a huge blunder. Tough decision.

I think the Jets will be a better team then many of you expect but I also think as of right now, they will finish 4th in the AFC. If they find a QB and get good play from the position they could win 6-7 games. The defense will actually be a problem next year with the amount of talent that won't return and the lack of depth.

i would trade revis if i were them for some picks. they will definetly be looking to rebuild. they had there run (two afc championship appearences) and now they have to get rid of bad contracts. the positive part for the jest is, this is the nfl and anything can happen. but on paper, this looks like it is a 2-3 year rebuilding project, with not alot of pieces. trading revis will get them picks and money, a new GM's dream.

I dont think you'll go 0-16...but 2-14 or 4-12 are a good possibility.

It's taken some time but I am seeing the light.

All jokes aside you guys should be better and if you have a good offseason I think you should be a playoff team(along w/ the development of your QB). We'll see how it goes, I always try to post honest opinions. Since I have been here there haven't been many times where you guys looked better on paper going into a season- this year should be one of those years.

Don't worry, I don't think the Dolphins will ever win the SB b/c why not, that's my luck :boohoo:

Don't worry, I don't think the Dolphins will ever win the SB b/c why not, that's my luck :boohoo:

You've seen 4 Spurs titles and the nats look ready to start winning WS titles so stop complaining:D

You've seen 4 Spurs titles and the nats look ready to start winning WS titles so stop complaining:D

A Dolphins SB would trump all of that. It'd be different if more people cared about baseball or basketball but since NFL is king, to me it would mean more.

All I want for the Spurs is one more title and then I'd be set for life (as a fan). The Nats have had 2 decent/good years since 2005 so there's been a little suffering through it and since they're the only local team I like, bring it on.

A Dolphins SB would trump all of that. It'd be different if more people cared about baseball or basketball but since NFL is king, to me it would mean more.

All I want for the Spurs is one more title and then I'd be set for life (as a fan). The Nats have had 2 decent/good years since 2005 so there's been a little suffering through it and since they're the only local team I like, bring it on.

I feel the same way, I've seen 5 Yankee WS titles, 3 Carolina Nat'l Championships, 4 lakers titles(I was a Laker fan as a kid) but the one I want more than any is one for the Jets.

Back
Top Bottom