Merged:Larry Johnson a trade possibility/I love LJ idea | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:Larry Johnson a trade possibility/I love LJ idea

phunwin

The name's Bond...James Bond.
Reaction score
This would be a horrible mistake. Not only because of your already mentioned success of PSU runners, but Johnson was highly overated coming out and his one eyar wonder of a season showed that against almost all legit schools he didn't fair so well.

We need to make Travis the f-ing guy...PERIOD! No running back by committy crap either unless T-Mine is just really blowing.

ChambOfCommerce said:
This would be a horrible mistake. Not only because of your already mentioned success of PSU runners, but Johnson was highly overated coming out and his one eyar wonder of a season showed that against almost all legit schools he didn't fair so well.

We need to make Travis the f-ing guy...PERIOD! No running back by committy crap either unless T-Mine is just really blowing.

Didn't Johnson run for like 200 yards against Michigan? Not that I'm advocating bringing him in, just that it seems unfair to say he struggled against all the good schools.

even if he did, I said ALMOST all. I believe he had one truly good game against a legit team that equaled the status people see him as, and that may be it. I do know that he had a lot of yards, but most of them came against weak teams that year.

Just looked it up, it was Michigan STATE..and it was the last game of the season where they were trying to get him the 2000 yards

ChambOfCommerce said:

I would do a deal for DAvenport if the price was right. we need a big back and im sorry, Konrad aint gonna cut it.

L.J. would be a stud for us.He had problems catching the ball out of the back field at first since Penn State didnt use him like that but from my understanding Vermeil has all but changed that.
Get Him!

ChambOfCommerce said:
even if he did, I said ALMOST all. I believe he had one truly good game against a legit team that equaled the status people see him as, and that may be it. I do know that he had a lot of yards, but most of them came against weak teams that year.

Just looked it up, it was Michigan STATE..and it was the last game of the season where they were trying to get him the 2000 yards

Thanks for checking that out. I had the right state, anyway. :)

finfan54 said:
I would do a deal for DAvenport if the price was right. we need a big back and im sorry, Konrad aint gonna cut it.

I'm definitely a Davenport backer. I'd like to think, on some level, that I started the Davenport craze by naming him as one of the two guys I wanted to replace Ricky (http://www.finheaven.com/cms/19.html), but somehow I doubt that's the case. :lol:

He pretty much plays just like Ricky the only reason he didn't get as much hype in College was b/c they had him as FB behing Portis but when he was given the ball he steamrolled catz.
Question: If Wanny was so in need of a big back to run his style then how come we have no backup weighing over 205 lbs.?

ChambOfCommerce said:

I agree, but Minor is too small for 30 carries a game. So it will be by committee to an extend. They said Travis would get about 20 of the total 3--35 per game. So it seems they are still in the run the ball every freaking down mentality already committing to 35 run plays.

I agree with the Davenport assesments. Id love to get the guy as long as we wernt dishing out are 1st. What do u guys think about this.

Sam Madison, 3rd RD for Mike Mckenzie, Davenport.

Ethir tht or we could take of Mckenzie, and get back our 3rd RD pick,...i just think the Pac would REALLY want to unload Mike on someone. They r not gettin along, 10X worse then us and O-Gun.

bigmiamifan said:
I agree, but Minor is too small for 30 carries a game. So it will be by committee to an extend. They said Travis would get about 20 of the total 3--35 per game. So it seems they are still in the run the ball every freaking down mentality already committing to 35 run plays.
:shakeno: Is Wanny tht bone-headed he cant change his gameplan EVER? He doesnt do it durring game thts for sure, but ive never gotten TOO mad about this. But if he doesnt change the gameplan at all, this wll take the cake. Trestmen and Sullivan better get in his office and tell him to change it, cuz i kno both those guys r wanting it.

FinFan24 said:
I agree with the Davenport assesments. Id love to get the guy as long as we wernt dishing out are 1st. What do u guys think about this.

Sam Madison, 3rd RD for Mike Mckenzie, Davenport.

Ethir tht or we could take of Mckenzie, and get back our 3rd RD pick,...i just think the Pac would REALLY want to unload Mike on someone. They r not gettin along, 10X worse then us and O-Gun.

We'd take a major cap hit for trading Madison right now, after just restructuring his deal. One of the cap gurus can probably speak more to that than I can, though.
And there's no way the Packers would do that deal. They can get a lot more for McKenzie, who's quite a bit better than Madison at this point in their careers.
BTW, I think McKenzie will get traded to Dallas, probably for a #2 and a late round pick.

What's so great about Davenport?

What has Davenport done? I realize he was a Hurricane so most Dolphin fans in South Florida love that...but what has Davenport done so much better than Johnson, or Mack? I think Mack is a more proven guy, and if we want to win NOW, Mack may be the best option. Unless a trade for something better materializes.

I think because Johnson is a young guy with good upside, I wouldn't mind seeing him come in. And he would love it because right now he will NEVER play behind Holmes.

Back
Top Bottom