Merged:Larry Johnson a trade possibility/I love LJ idea | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:Larry Johnson a trade possibility/I love LJ idea

FinFan24 said:
:shakeno: Is Wanny tht bone-headed he cant change his gameplan EVER? He doesnt do it durring game thts for sure, but ive never gotten TOO mad about this. But if he doesnt change the gameplan at all, this wll take the cake. Trestmen and Sullivan better get in his office and tell him to change it, cuz i kno both those guys r wanting it.

The Dolphins don't have the personnel to run the kind of fast-hitting, quasi-West Coast Offense you'd (I assume) like to see. That is the best type of offense for Travis Minor, but it's not the best for Fiedler and Feeley, nor is it the best for Boston, Chambers and McMichael. Basically, Wanny built his offensive game plan around Ricky Williams, which seemed like a reasonable idea at the time. Now he's got two choices:
1. bring in a back who can fill Ricky's role adequately (i.e. Davenport, A-Train or, God help us...Stacey Mack) and tweak the offense to give Minor more touches
2. scrap his entire game plan on the eve of the season and throw a situation that's already chaotic into complete anarchy

Seems to me that #1 makes a hell of a lot more sense.

What has Davenport done? I realize he was a Hurricane so most Dolphin fans in South Florida love that...but what has Davenport done so much better than Johnson, or Mack? I think Mack is a more proven guy, and if we want to win NOW, Mack may be the best option. Unless a trade for something better materializes.

First off Mack sucks! The only reason they are even working him out is he's big and has 2 legs other than that he sucks.
Davenport has been as good or better than AG in green bay when given the chance but Green is their guy and unless his legs fall off you can't replace him.Davenport is a freak with great vision and hands and I could understand your assessment if you haven't watched him play but trust me, he's incredible!

finregime said:
First off Mack sucks! The only reason they are even working him out is he's big and has 2 legs other than that he sucks.
:roflmao: I totally agree. people can use the line that I am not int he NFL scouting, blah blah blah...but sometimes I wonder just WTF goes through personnel people's minds. Stacy Mack? Dude has been a backup his whole career, got his shot, then was beat out by a rook. All his TD runs are from an avg. of 1.5 yards. Now, we have a guy like Robert Edwards who wants back, will take the minimum, has the heart and desire, and knows the team....but no, we focus on some POS like Mack :rolleyes:

Sorry, I am a big NFL fan, let alone the Dolphins, and like it or not I DO think I have some knowledge on the issue.

i watched johnson run for two years at PSU and he never impressed me...

I totally agree. people can use the line that I am not int he NFL scouting, blah blah blah...but sometimes I wonder just WTF goes through personnel people's minds. Stacy Mack? Dude has been a backup his whole career, got his shot, then was beat out by a rook. All his TD runs are from an avg. of 1.5 yards. Now, we have a guy like Robert Edwards who wants back, will take the minimum, has the heart and desire, and knows the team....but no, we focus on some POS like Mack

For our system he's impressive!

I have to disagree. If Paterno would have used him like some other Coaches, he would have easily had 2500-3000 yds. his Sr. year. Most of the games he was out of the game by mid 3rd quarter. True he racked up big yds. against weaker teams, but his over all average of 7.7yds. that year is truly impressive.

I say stand pat, sign Mack to 1 yr min deal. Get Adewale and CC locked up long term. Minor can cary 17-20 times a game, rest going to Henry, let him get experience. Then you KNOW what you have, Edge is an UFA next year and wants to come here. Then you have your young DE locked, your young star WR locked, hopefully qb settled and get the rb to finish it off. Dont rush to do something for the sake of doing it, we have done enough of that already, take the time to see what we have.

If ya'll think Edge is gonna be our next year guy your mistaken cause for real we should all know from the Brunell situation wnat over $$$$ means nothing.Money talks and BS walks!

finregime said:
If ya'll think Edge is gonna be our next year guy your mistaken cause for real we should all know from the Brunell situation wnat over $$$$ means nothing.Money talks and BS walks!

Well said.

larry johnson was a stud at penn state. you cant poo-poo 2,000 + yard rushing game. HOWEVER, you can look at the shabby run defenses of the Big Ten that year that helped him get those 2,000 yards. (i go to big ten school). but i dont want any trades. nothing. nada. because the dolphins will ultimately give up more than they recieve (which happens w/ most of their trades).

on a side note, anyone know where i can get some nifty dolhins zumbaz pants?

1- 10

Stacey Mack 5
Davenport 6
Larry Johnson 7
Bennett or O Smith 8
Travis Henry 8
Terry Kirby 5
A Train 8 (I"m a michigan fan , can't help it)
Keep what we have and Pass the damn ball downfield 8
Hope Ricky comes back 1
Somehow trade for E James 11
Purposely suck and get a good draft pick next year and sign E James 7
Bring back Barry 10
Trung Candidate 7.5
James Stewart 6
Go Back in Time and draft Chris Perry or Stephen Jackson 9 (thanks Ricky)

any other scenarios I'm forgetting ?

So Brunell absolutely means Edge aint comin here? LOL TOTALLY DIFFERENT SCENARIOS!

1 Brunell was under contract, so JAX held the cards.

2 Jax didnt like our trade offers or at least didnt give permission to him to talk to us. If he was cut he would have listen to us. Wash way overpaid because they knew he liked us and Jax could trade him.

3 Edge is a UFA in 2005, that means Indi CANNOT Control where he goes w/o franchising and they cannot at this point fit the approx 8.5 mil cap hit..

4 Edge is campaigning to come here, it isnt speculating we want him, HE WANTS US!

Comparing Edge to Brunell is comparing apples to oranges.

1 Brunell was under contract, so JAX held the cards.

2 Jax didnt like our trade offers or at least didnt give permission to him to talk to us.

3 Edge is a UFA in 2005, that means Indi CANNOT Control where he goes.

4 Edge is campaigning to come here, it isnt speculating we want him, HE WANTS US!

Comparing Edge to Brunell is comparing apples to oranges.

Brunell had the chance but took the $$$$ so if you believe he didn't go for the money even after said he didn't want to compete for a job and he still went to Washington.
Ultimately, he had options so believe what you want.
Edge will follow the $$$$$$ and if you don't think so then let him have a monster season and see if he comes here or where the most $$$$ is.He needs high dollars to replate the gold on his teeth man.

H ow did he have the chance? Wash traded for him, they agreed to a deal with Wash and then agreed with Brunell on a contract. Once Jax knew they could get value for him, they were not going to cut him. We could NOT Match what Wash offered in total. Edge is TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. He is and unrestricted free agent in 05, Indi cannot trade him.

Brunell did not have the choice, since JAX held the cards and WASH was offering way mor than what we could, so Brunell had NO< ZERO< NADA choice. Believe what YOU want, it is fictional that he CHOSE wash over us. He agreed to a high contract because he found out we would not be able to match.

Edge has teh choice and WANTS here over everywhere and will accept less to come here, so long as it is not ridiculously low contract.

Situations cannot be compared.

BeatCrazy2 said:
1- 10

Stacey Mack 5
Davenport 6
Larry Johnson 7
Bennett or O Smith 8
Travis Henry 8
Terry Kirby 5
A Train 8 (I"m a michigan fan , can't help it)
Keep what we have and Pass the damn ball downfield 8
Hope Ricky comes back 1
Somehow trade for E James 11
Purposely suck and get a good draft pick next year and sign E James 7
Bring back Barry 10
Trung Candidate 7.5
James Stewart 6
Go Back in Time and draft Chris Perry or Stephen Jackson 9 (thanks Ricky)

any other scenarios I'm forgetting ?

Please no Trung Canidate. I would either do Keep What We Have, Wait For Edge, or trade for A Train (I like Thomas a lot too)

Back
Top Bottom