Merged:Larry Johnson a trade possibility/I love LJ idea | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:Larry Johnson a trade possibility/I love LJ idea

wonderl33t said:
Please no Trung Canidate. I would either do Keep What We Have, Wait For Edge, or trade for A Train (I like Thomas a lot too)

I would probably rather keep what we have to but it wouldn't hurt to sign trung and let him compete. Its not like we would be giving anything up. If he sucks, cut him. He did do pretty bad in Wash but so has all the other RB's on their team. There line has been horrible. Look what he did in St. Louis with a good line. Who knows ? Definetly not a first option but still a possibility. I live in Chicago right now and I think A Train is the most realistic choice though. I 've been watching all the local stations and they seem to think he's gonna get traded so we'll see what happens.

I love the LJ Idea

I love the Larry Johnson idea. This guy showed flashes when he did touch the ball (although I admit anyone could look good behind KCs Oline). Still, I think he and minor could produce a combined 12-14,000 yards.

Thank you i agree. he wont see much touches out there in KC for years and i would like to see a little flash in the backfield. honestly for me it would be him or Foster. I dont like Davenport at all. I'm kind of opposed to the big bruising kind who gets short of breath( no offense) after running 30 or 40 yars

TorontoFin said:
I love the Larry Johnson idea. This guy showed flashes when he did touch the ball (although I admit anyone could look good behind KCs Oline). Still, I think he and minor could produce a combined 12-14,000 yards.

12 to 14,000 yards? Is this one year? Is this before it is converted into American yards?

phunwin said:
The Dolphins don't have the personnel to run the kind of fast-hitting, quasi-West Coast Offense you'd (I assume) like to see. That is the best type of offense for Travis Minor, but it's not the best for Fiedler and Feeley, nor is it the best for Boston, Chambers and McMichael. Basically, Wanny built his offensive game plan around Ricky Williams, which seemed like a reasonable idea at the time. Now he's got two choices:
1. bring in a back who can fill Ricky's role adequately (i.e. Davenport, A-Train or, God help us...Stacey Mack) and tweak the offense to give Minor more touches
2. scrap his entire game plan on the eve of the season and throw a situation that's already chaotic into complete anarchy

Seems to me that #1 makes a hell of a lot more sense.
No i agree with u 100%. I was reffering to the comment of still running the ball 40+ times a game. That i think needs to be thought over.

I have to agree with some of what vadolfan said. I am about as far away from south florida as I can be here in Portland, Oregon. The only thing we heard about Davenport was his "closet incident." What has he done as a pro that is getting everyone so excited. I don't mean this as an indictment of his talent, I just haven't heard much about him. I tend to fall in the "make Minor our featured back" camp and just adjust the offense. But if a RB came availiable that would be an improvement over Minor then I would be all for it. Is Davenport that RB? Some of you Miami guys who have followed him let us non-floridians know.

Larry Johnson is alot better back for this offense then Minor. Travis is a good third down back and that is about it. Johnson was one of the best college backs i have ever seen and i dont know why some of you dont think he produced against good teams. He played in the big ten the defenses dont get much better then that

finregime said:
L.J. would be a stud for us.He had problems catching the ball out of the back field at first since Penn State didnt use him like that but from my understanding Vermeil has all but changed that.
Get Him!

I agree 100% so do it! :D

Brad528 said:
Larry Johnson is alot better back for this offense then Minor. Travis is a good third down back and that is about it. Johnson was one of the best college backs i have ever seen and i dont know why some of you dont think he produced against good teams. He played in the big ten the defenses dont get much better then that

He played the big 10 defenses, yet didnt hit 100 yards against them. Hell, he couldn't hit 100 yards playing UCF and we had a horrid defense the past couple years. LJ..No thanks.

Back
Top Bottom