Merged: LaVar Arrington threads/Arrington to Giants/Arrington Meeting with Jags | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: LaVar Arrington threads/Arrington to Giants/Arrington Meeting with Jags

SR 7 said:
I believe by days end, LaVar will be a Phin. jags aren't going to pay him more then 5 a year and in miami they said he wont have to carry the load and that it might give him the better situation.

That would be sweet, but I thought he was going to Jacksonville
(3/25/06) tomarrow?

Jaguars | Arrington to visit, but price might be too high
Fri, 24 Mar 2006 10:10:18 -0800

Vito Stellino, of the Florida Times-Union, reports the Jacksonville Jaguars could be in the running for free agent LB LaVar Arrington (Redskins), but his price tag will likely have to come down. Arrington is likely to visit the Jaguars Saturday, March 25.

Canadi-Phin said:
Malt Liquor???? What???? At least its better than water in a beer bottle. Canadian beer is the best, and the best of all canadian beer is Alexander Keith's. Us maritimes like to drink the most.

I agree that our Canadian beer is better, because water in a bottle is what you get south of the border, however Kokanee is the best beer in Canada.:tongue:

BLITZKRIEG said:
Arrington has a tough choice ahead of him. Miami / Ft. Lauderdale or Jacksonville??....

I've been to Jacksonville several times, and all I can say{with no disrespect intended}, is that Miami / Ft. Lauderdale is much nicer. Jacksonville has more of a "country boy" setting, where down here it's all glitter and celebrity life styles...

Not to mention the tradition we have compared to Jacksonville....

I'm not sure if any of that will have a significant effect on where LV will be signing, but it's got to be in the back of his mind when looking at the big picture. Either way, I'm sure we'll manage with or without Arrington...

PHINZ RULE!!!

if any of that really and truly mattered to professional athletes, drew brees would never have considered hurricane-ravaged louisiana over the above described glitz and glamour.

ckparrothead said:
You and a couple of others, yeah.
OK.. my argument is based on... firstly, look at what the Dolhpins think the position may be worth. We all have jobs... they all have their worth. Then they may look at productions from a particular position. It's easy to get excited about a big name. But will they make that big of an impact? Personally, I am more concerned about the CB position than I am about LB. Arrington is a big name so we all get excited. But that doesn't mean that a similar type player can't be found through the draft. Arrington was drafted... wasn't he?.. So I think the team is tryingto be business smart, yet try and secure the best talent they can afford through FA.

Canadianfishfan said:
OK.. my argument is based on... firstly, look at what the Dolhpins think the position may be worth. We all have jobs... they all have their worth. Then they may look at productions from a particular position. It's easy to get excited about a big name. But will they make that big of an impact? Personally, I am more concerned about the CB position than I am about LB. Arrington is a big name so we all get excited. But that doesn't mean that a similar type player can't be found through the draft. Arrington was drafted... wasn't he?.. So I think the team is tryingto be business smart, yet try and secure the best talent they can afford through FA.
Are you really that concerned about the CB position? I think Will Allen, Will Poole, Travis Daniels, and Andre Goodman are a pretty formidable CB corps. I would definitely look to add an OLB before a CB if I was in charge. Safety, however, is another story.

Caps said:
Are you really that concerned about the CB position? I think Will Allen, Will Poole, Travis Daniels, and Andre Goodman are a pretty formidable CB corps. I would definitely look to add an OLB before a CB if I was in charge. Safety, however, is another story.
Actually yeah, i am concerned... other than Daniels... I am not that confident.. especially with the rules as they are.

Im with CK on this

If you can get Lavar and be under the cap still you do it

Especially after Greenway had a horrendous showing at the combine

Givens13 said:
JUST A LITTLE TIDBIT FOR YOU DOLPHIN FANS ... EVERONE IN THIS THREAD IS TALKING ABOUT GREEN AND ORANGE JERSEYS ... BLAH BLAH BLAH ..

LAVAR WILL HOPEFULLY BE IN THE OFFICIAL DOLPHIN COLORS OF .......

AQUA, CORRAL, AND WHITE ..... THESE ARE THE THREE OFFICIAL DOLPHIN COLORS .. SO PLEASE SHOW SOME RESPECT AND GET IT RIGHT ...

THANK YOU :rolleyes:

and a tidbit for mr. color wheel, a "CORRAL" is what keeps the horses, cows and all the other farm animals from running all over the place. "CORAL", actually, is the word for the color you were looking for. haha show some respect and get it right

Alex22 said:
Im with CK on this

If you can get Lavar and be under the cap still you do it

Especially after Greenway had a horrendous showing at the combine
Ernie Simms will be a beast and so will Manny Lawson, I say we take one of them

nick1 said:
Ernie Simms will be a beast and so will Manny Lawson, I say we take one of them

:yeahthat:

Im becoming a huge Ernie Simms fan, only thing is I think for OUR scheme he is a little to small even though he plays big, So I like Lawson for our team, even though in the long run I think Simms will be an all around better player possibly

PhinGeneral said:
Because you don't want a player who is prone to freelancing going after the QB when he has coverage responsibilities.

When was the last time you seen a LB from a dom capers 3-4 defense drop back into coverage. There hasnt been too many LB that are good in coverage in a 3-4.

Its a blitzing D and he is acually better suited for it..

Dolfan5000 said:
I hope so, or I'll have to rip you for another Arrington thread! ;)

hahahaha....ive gotten ripped soo much in the last few days

AquaAssasin said:
When was the last time you seen a LB from a dom capers 3-4 defense drop back into coverage. There hasnt been too many LB that are good in coverage in a 3-4.

Its a blitzing D and he is acually better suited for it..

polamalu is somewaht the same and he is donig nothing but making plays left adn right. to a degree i am all for it

Back
Top Bottom