Merged: Mayweather Delahoya | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Mayweather Delahoya

craig

Practice Squad
Reaction score
"Who will win the upcoming fight between Floyd Mayweather and Oscar Delhoya?" Im a big Floyd fan and have been watching him over the years,hope he tears Oscar up! Although i like Gatti to,nice dude and has a ton of heart! Wheres the boxing icon at????:err:

De La Hoya gonna win.

Floyd is good and quick but IMO he doesnt have the power to beat De La Hoya. De La Hoya left hook is deadly. Mainly because he is left handed but fights orthodox style (right handed). Its gonna be a good fight. I just hope Oscar knocks his *** down he been talking alot of **** but I think it more for selling the fight.

I'm hoping Mayweather wins because I can't stand De la Hoya but since he went up to Oscar's weight class it will be toough to get a knock-out. And if it goes to the cards there's no way Mayweather will get the decision IMO. Not in Vegas.

dlh has already lost two fights in vegas he shoulda won. trinidad and mosley II.
Yeah, but since he became a promoter he's a Vegas promoting machine and I just think it will be hard for Mayweather to get a decision especially this being one of De la Hoya's last fights. Secondly, I think Trinidad beat him. All Dela Hoya did in the last few rounds was run like a girl and that cost him. :cooldude:

50 Cent is rooting for his boyMayweather....:lol:

I am going for Oscar....I think he'll KO him in the 8th round...

Mayweather cant crack and egg and he knows it. He will skate his way to a borrrrrring 12 rd UD.

ahem, gotti might have something to say about that.

Gatti is a glorified club fighter who Mayweather exposed. Gatti is a walking punching bag who got tagged repeatedly by Micky Ward?!?!? Any fighter as techically sound as Mayweather woulda done the same thing to Arturo.

Dont get me wrong. I love Gatti but he is what he is.

Gatti is a glorified club fighter who Mayweather exposed. Gatti is a walking punching bag who got tagged repeatedly by Micky Ward?!?!? Any fighter as techically sound as Mayweather woulda done the same thing to Arturo.

Dont get me wrong. I love Gatti but he is what he is.

absolutely, but hes also been known as extremely hard to knock out, and mayweather damn near knocked him out 5 times before finally ending it before the 7th. i think mayweather has a little more power then you give him credit for. i think oscar has more, but still.

absolutely, but hes also been known as extremely hard to knock out, and mayweather damn near knocked him out 5 times before finally ending it before the 7th. i think mayweather has a little more power then you give him credit for. i think oscar has more, but still.

Power by volume. As far as one punch KO power? He's never had that. Can he hurt Oscar with one punch? I dont think so. Can he wear him down the same way he did Arturo by picking him apart? Maybe.

Buddy McGirt did the right thing in that fight by throwing in the towel. The only punch Gatti landed was when they touched gloves before the bell in round 1.

Power by volume. As far as one punch KO power? He's never had that. Can he hurt Oscar with one punch? I dont think so. Can he wear him down the same way he did Arturo by picking him apart? Maybe.

Buddy McGirt did the right thing in that fight by throwing in the towel. The only punch Gatti landed was when they touched gloves before the bell in round 1.

this is true. i dont believe floyd has one punch knock out power either. so we agree there.

Get this:

When Mayweather won a junior welterweight belt from Arturo Gatti in June 2006, he did it in brutal fashion. Gatti barely landed any punches while Mayweather teed off on the slower Gatti at will until Gatti's corner stopped the fight after the sixth round. Scary thing is, it wasn't Mayweather near his best, he said. "I was beating him so bad, I backed off of him," Mayweather said in a stunning statement. This is a guy who goes for blood against sparring partners, so to hear him say he went easy on Gatti was quite surprising. But he insisted that is exactly what he did. "I could have gone all out. I didn't beat him with my A-game," he said. "I said if I don't back off him, I'm going to kill him, and I didn't want a man to die in the ring that night. I thought I was going to kill him, I was beating him so bad. I said in my head, 'You're gonna kill him.' So I backed off on him."

Wow.

This is going to be the best fight in a long while. I love Mayweather, but Delahoya has the height. However, he cant match the quickness of Mayweather's feet nor can be be up to par with the fierceness and speed of Mayweather's punches. Mayweather by TKO.

Back
Top Bottom