MERGED: Michael Sam to be First Openly Gay Player - Okay w/ Phins drafting him? | Page 24 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Michael Sam to be First Openly Gay Player - Okay w/ Phins drafting him?

A good many Christians already do that on the regular, especially the ones so outspoken about gay rights, so why would this be any different?

But I think you are missing one key lesson from Jesus: it's not your role to judge others, or to change them. Provide guidance, support and tools? Sure. But not judge and force action against their will.

Ye without sin cast the first stone.
I would agree that a lot of Christians pick and choose and are hypocritical on this issue. Judging/condemning the sin is different that judging the individual.

Why do you guys care what two grown men do with their penises???

This thread is way too long and way too religious, should be moved from the main forum.....

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/...ourt-decide-transgender-student-bathroom-case

I wish I could block you, because your ultimate bobblehead. But this website won't allow it. But leave it to you to attack me, out of the blue. Nothing for your cause, just a bash. With that, I say **** off **** face.

Again, you can't be blamed for your ignorance, because it is just that. You just don't know any better.

Sexuality and gender identification are two extremely different issues. Being gay has nothing to do with wearing dresses.

Since Christianity teaches that sexual immorality (both **** and hetro) lead people away from Christ, why would you hope that the Church stops trying to 'change' them? You don't get to pick and choose what parts you want to follow and which parts you want to ignore.

I agree with you that we all need to be born again and can't pick and choose. However, the approach taken by most church outreach to the gay community is that we will accept you as long as you change. That is fundamentally opposed to Christ who accepts us right where we are then allows us to change with salvation. The current approach is more that gays need to change to be deserving of salvation. It is very patronizing and that approach is not utilized to any other demographic...not even strung out murderers. Thus my discontent with the church's approach.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I The current approach is more that gays need to change to be deserving of salvation.

I guess I have never seen it expressed that way in any of the Churches I've ever attended. Christianity and homosexuality aren't compatible (or any sinful activity you choose to keep) and teaching anything other than that is not Biblical truthful IMO.

I do not want to know and yes that means not making a big deal out of being gay too. I think this player might upset a locker room not because he is gay as an orientation but rather all the attention it will bring to that locker room. I for one believe that the Fins do not need any more distractions from the game itself. Personally I would not care if 53 of our players were gay but I do not want to hear about or have anyone make an issue out of it such that it becomes a distraction.

I do not want to know and yes that means not making a big deal out of being gay too. I think this player might upset a locker room not because he is gay as an orientation but rather all the attention it will bring to that locker room. I for one believe that the Fins do not need any more distractions from the game itself. Personally I would not care if 53 of our players were gay but I do not want to hear about or have anyone make an issue out of it such that it becomes a distraction.

What you speak of is a reality. Our team has been through so much. Can you imagine how the media would bombard the Phins if an openly gay athlete entered the locker room? I can't even imagine how difficult it would be for our players and organization to deal with the media's pressure.

I agree with you that we all need to be born again and can't pick and choose. However, the approach taken by most church outreach to the gay community is that we will accept you as long as you change. That is fundamentally opposed to Christ who accepts us right where we are then allows us to change with salvation. The current approach is more that gays need to change to be deserving of salvation. It is very patronizing and that approach is not utilized to any other demographic...not even strung out murderers. Thus my discontent with the church's approach.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I guess every church can be a little different but in the end, what's on the Bible is what really matters. At our church everyone is welcome but we preach and teach from the Bible. We're not trying to be politicaly correct. People like to spin and twist things as much as they can. They like to see how much they can "bend the thruth" but The Bible is very clear.BTW,I'm not hater. God said hate the sin but not the sinner. I'm not here to judge anyone but as a Christian when I see that people are trying to go around what the Bible say then I feel I can point to what The Bible really say........1 Corinthians 6:9 "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit he Kingdom of God? Do not be deceived:Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulteres nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders". People can try and spin things all day long but this is wht the Bible says. he fact I posted this doesn't make me a hater.I'd like to see everyone been saved. And no, being gay is not the only sin there is. We're all sinners but I don't have to agree with it. I don't hate gay people as I've know many over the years and some of the nicest peope I have met but the Bible say it's wrong. So why should we Christians be ok with it? You can't serve man and then serve God. We're here to serve God and love him first.

Ozzy rules!!

IMHO i wouldnt care if he was Gay , ONLY PROBLEM , that i would have is when i would be in the shower , i wouldnt want him standing there looking at me like i was a women , and imaging /masterbating in there minds , that would be the only problem i would have ....

Just because the players are showering naked, doesn't make it a sexual event. It is a perfunctory task to wash the dirt and sweat off. It is not sexual. There is a 0% chance of it becoming a sexual event. If you played team sports you have probably had gay guys on your team in the showers and you never knew.
Time to grow up.

Just because the players are showering naked, doesn't make it a sexual event. It is a perfunctory task to wash the dirt and sweat off. It is not sexual. There is a 0% chance of it becoming a sexual event. If you played team sports you have probably had gay guys on your team in the showers and you never knew.
Time to grow up.

If I took a shower with 52 women I'm bound to look around and be like... DAMN! Look at them titties!

IMHO i wouldnt care if he was Gay , ONLY PROBLEM , that i would have is when i would be in the shower , i wouldnt want him standing there looking at me like i was a women , and imaging /masterbating in there minds , that would be the only problem i would have ....

What makes you so special that you think a gay guy masturbates in his mind by looking at you? Ever thought that you would not be his type anyways.
You act like gay guys are a bunch of guys who do have sex with any guy as long as a weener is involved.

And if you have that feeling of discomfort maybe next time you should reconsider masturbating in your mind before you look at a pretty woman.

Something like 3-5% of the population is gay, so chances are really good everyone in the NFL has already showered with a homosexual.

I am of course fine with drafting him if he could play. Dpoy of the year in the sec says he could ball.

As for him announcing it, if teams were asking it had to be done. Can't let rumors affect your draft day stock. If the truth does so be it but he had to be truthful if teams were asking around

Time to grow up.
Why do men and women not shower together? After all, isn't it just a perfunctory task to wash the dirt and sweat off?

I am of course fine with drafting him if he could play. Dpoy of the year in the sec says he could ball.

As for him announcing it, if teams were asking it had to be done. Can't let rumors affect your draft day stock. If the truth does so be it but he had to be truthful if teams were asking around

So you're saying he came out cause it was in his best interest to come out? believe you might be right. What I can't understand is people callng him "a hero".....hard to imgine that a gay man coming out of the closet is now call that.......I think he might as well come out and say it which he did but that desn't make him a hero. Notsaying you called him that but there're people calling him a hero......that word is being misussed a lot these days.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom