MERGED: Minor steps into major role for Dolphins, Boston bad move? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Minor steps into major role for Dolphins, Boston bad move?

Typical dumb *** reporter who probaly doesnt even watch football on sundays instead he does whatever his wife says to. He probaly goes shopping all day on sundays during football season

fins513 said:
I thought they said he was returning to pro-bowl form and was doin everything coaches wanted him to but i guess he's not workin out for the fish.:confused:

This is part of that news that also said the New OC wasn't working out (After 12 practices).

Let's give the New QB, the New WR, the new OL, the new HB, and the new OC a change to get ready and see what happens.

this doesn't really surprise me, if i'm correct they wanted boston to lose like 10 pounds when he had close to little body fat. If he kept working out as in lifting weights he could not lose that weight.

The reports that I have heard have been nothing but good. I heard that he got rid of the funky contact lenses that caused a depth perception problem. D Bo didn't even work out with San Diegos off season program and instead hired his own personal trainer and here he has work out with our trainers got on a strict diet lost the weight that they have asked him and has even been participating in speed and conditioning drills while waiting on training camp. His father even said that D Bo has never been more exited the best WR he has ever lined up beside was Frank Sanders and he was very exited about lineing up beside Chris Chambers. I agree that this guy doesn't know what he is talking about.

How is this guy gonna say the trade for Boston was a bad move. We gave up Fletcher (Mr. Penalty). I don't see how that's a bad move. These people need to go ride the Pats D**ks some more and talk about something they have some insight on.

Thinking things over the last few days, I have come to believe all of this is a good thing, why?

1 every offseason the past few years, our moves have been lauded, expectations were high. Praise was the primary storylines.

2 In the past players came in on a high horse, maybe overconfident?

3 Controversy sometimes brings the best out of people, the fight harder, they feel a sense of urgency.

4 having a player like ricky is great, but does it cause complacency among other players, relying on the star?

5 If we do not do well, maybe the players have lost faith in Wanny and Wanny goes if we dont go far. Yes Ricky may be an excuse, but at some point the excuses need to end. If players are b*tching about the system, the changes, the lack of preparation, etc, Wanny may be held accountable and looked as teh cause.

6 If players fail to step up, fail to challenge themselves and quit, we may find out what they are made of and tell us we need to overhaul and start over.

Anyway you slice it, this year is critical and telling. Wayne isnt stupid, another disastrous season without sign and major changes will result in a serious drop in the amount of cash hitting his pocket. Now matter how much he likes these coaches, executives and players, money talks and bullsh*t walks. I personally think the combo of Minor and Henry will prove effesctive, Minor is a hard nose player and is driven, not a complainer, just plays and plays hard when given the chance. Henry is a young kid with some skills, he needs to get experience and hopefully he takes off. I believe that is our best bet, we cannot continue to give our draft picks away, we need some youth to fill some high priced aging veterans and FA is not the way to get a bunch of players, too expensive.

Boston was a bad trade? LOL! Instead of just saying as if it was fact, back it up, ...Oh whats that? You can't? Thats what I figured.

It is time to suk it up and find out once and for all how bad this team wants it.

DrewOldSchool said:
If he stays healthy, Boston will be an upgrade over last years 2nd WR. He's better than Thompson. Chambers will fill the role of the big play maker if necessary. So, really all we need Boston to be is better than Derrius. I know he is so we are ok. Big question is will Derrius step up at third. He really showed nothing last year. I question keeping him around and not getting another third WR.

I'd say this was true before losing Ricky. Now with that happening however, we need Boston to step up and become a star again. We need an improved passing attack to take up the slack of the running game.

If Boston steps up huge and the O-Line gels we can be very good. If not, then at least Wanny and Jay will be gone! (Sorry, my contempt never seems to go away, I know it wasn't Wanny's fault Ricky left)

FinFan84 said:
Its easy to say we overpaided for Feely, cause we did. Just becuase he might be good, doesnt mean you overpay. A good GM finds players he likes on other rosters and gets them cheaper. If their is a player in the draft you like but is projected 5th rounder maybe you grab him in the 3rd, not the 1st. A gm has to judge a players value aand RS quickly overpayed for Feely, than a bunch of good veterans became avaiable, terrible move.
As for 2nd round value, look at our division:
NE gets Dillon
Mia gets Feely
nyj gets Mccariens
You tell me which organization is the smartest. Hint:not the jests.
An interesting way too look at it. I agree, we did overpay for him. But even with tht being so, no one will think tht way if he has a good year.

Contrary to ur belief, i think the Jets did get the best deal out of tht. McCariens altho not great yet is young with a lot of potential. Dillon i believe wont make a HUGE impact, and is old. Hes clearly not as good as he was and is past his prime. Unless the Pats make it deep in the palyoffs this year i think tht was abad trade. Dillon doesnt have very much left IMO...only time will tell tho.

FinFan84 said:
Yes, everybody is Dolphin bashing right now. But are they wrong?I dont think so, I se a 5-11 season coming. The bashing is deserved. the offseason was a total joke, keeping Wanny and Jay :shakeno: Marino fiasco, McMicael arrest, overpaying for a 3rd string QB, and now RW. I think any objective person would have a hard time predicting succes this season.

Those are off the field distractions. Ricky is the only one that directly effects our performance on the field. If Feeley becomes the starter and does what Jay couldn't he is worth a second round pick. How many first round QB are busts in the NFL. So i guess what your really saying is ricky alone is worth 5 wins. This is a better team than last year even without Ricky. We have better depth at safety,corner,linebacker,special teams (bua and moore),wr, and yes QB. He're a link to an Eagles message board http://www.igglephans.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=112&topic_id=60547&mesg_id=60547&listing_type=search#60636
Find out what Philly Fans think of AJ. Who would know better.

Back
Top Bottom