MERGED: NBA Ref FIXED games. MOB betting scam./ NBA concern "off the charts" | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: NBA Ref FIXED games. MOB betting scam./ NBA concern "off the charts"

Nice try...but no.

The first two games were dominated by the heat and the Bulls just closed the gap to make the score closer than it was. Game 3 was a Bulls blowout. Game 4 was rigged to make the series close.

The Heat has regularly been screwed. We have SHAQ....every game he begins to dominate...they derail him with foul trouble. In games where he dominates...the other team has zero chance to win.

In those playoffs...SHAQ was in foul trouble throughout...we still won. Against Dallas...he wasn;t allowed to breathe.

We have been the victims of this double standard since he got here....so that is why we as Heat fans scoff at any suggestion that we benefitted from any fixed game.
Give me a break dude. Do you really want me to go find the box score? There have been PLENTY of games where the Heat get 30+ free throws to the other teams under 10. Not saying they did not get screwed in that game. Not saying they do not get screwed a LOT... However, to say they are the only ones to get screwed is just laughable.

Are you saying that the ref fixed the playoffs so the Spurs would win it all? If so, why does everyone say they're boring and the least exciting franchise to win a title.

I don't understand why people would fix the games to the team that is least popular would win. Wouldn't it make sense for that to happen to the flashy team, like Phoenix?

Not at all. (And, off topic, I would never say the Spurs are boring; I like teams that actually play as a team. I can't stand the "give it to Star X, and stand around with your thumb up your butt for 22 seconds" offense. The Spurs play great team defense too. TEAM being the operative word; too many NBA teams play defense like they're five guys at the YMCA who met each other 3 minutes ago. And yet, I digress...)

The only way a ref could conceivably fix a game to make money, without getting easily noticed, would be to bet the over-under. If the over-under for a game was, say, 203, as a ref, you're going to whistle every call you can. Why? More fouls = more foul shots. More foul shots = more points. More points is what you need to win the bet. Who's scoring the points is irrelevant, be it the Suns or Spurs in that situation.

The ref seems to have called the game to force a particular outcome; a higher point total. Whether he was consciously favoring the Spurs or not is irrelevant; the way the game was called clearly favored the Spurs and hurt the Suns.

I don't think he set out to give one team or another a win. I think he set out to call a ton of fouls, and it happened to go one way. It would be way too easy to get busted by slanting the calls to one team and betting on that team, not to mention the fact that it would be too unpredictable a bet. Some nights, one team just does not show up, and if you're calling everything under the sun to get them to the line, and nothing the other way, it's more likely to get noticed.

But calling a ton of fouls all over the court just makes it look like a tightly officiated game. Big difference. The 38-9 FT disparity in that Knicks-Heat game is bizarre, but there's no way that he'd be dumb enough to bang the Knicks and only call fouls for them. (That doesn't make it any less egregious for the Heat, mind you; they still got robbed.)

Do you feel better now that this ref was tainted? I mean, you guys were already crying that Stern took the title from you. Now it's Stern and the ref.

Again, neither of this was brought on by the Spurs. Robert Horry should be held accountable for what he did with Nash but the rest had nothing to do with any of it.

They did what they had to. They had to then win this series, beat the Jazz, and then beat the Cavs to get the title.

Asterisk my ***. That's just a loser's excuse for not winning ala Phil Jackson in 1999.
Whatever man, you just don't understand...Did the Suns get screwed, it seems like it. And if they did, then the Spurs got screwed too. Either way you look at it, this game will always be a "what if" there was already one of those in the series that benefited the Spurs, now there seems to be another one...The Spurs cant be happy about this as now they cant be sure they won in the fairest of ways..

I as a fan of basketball am astounded by this, if the Suns were the benefit of the fix, I would be just as pissed...I would be pissed that the Suns were unable to win it all on their own. I would think as a fan you would feel the same way, but you are more concerned with the W than how you got the W...

It is not the Spurs fault or anyone in the team unless a player or someone from the organization too had knowledge of this gambling scam done by the referees [according to one thread here, Tim may help the FBI to identify any other refs and/or players involved].

No one here is saying that this situation isn't affecting them, it's affecting everyone.

Let's just wait a few days to get more information before you put an asterik on the Spurs championship.

Give me a break dude. Do you really want me to go find the box score? There have been PLENTY of games where the Heat get 30+ free throws to the other teams under 10. Not saying they did not get screwed in that game. Not saying they do not get screwed a LOT... However, to say they are the only ones to get screwed is just laughable.

FIND ONE.

ONE.

Go ahead.

It is not the Spurs fault or anyone in the team unless a player or someone from the organization too had knowledge of this gambling scam done by the referees [according to one thread here, Tim may help the FBI to identify any other refs and/or players involved].

No one here is saying that this situation isn't affecting them, it's affecting everyone.

Let's just wait a few days to get more information before you put an asterik on the Spurs championship.
We don't have to wait. Whether or not Donaghay changed the game enough to give the Spurs the win is irrelevant. It is almost assured that he changed the game in some way...No one will ever know 100% sure what exactly he changed, but the question will always be there, and rightfully so...

In a way you almost have to erase the games he reffed from history, and to do that would obviously change the outcome of series. With so much hype already surrounding the Spurs/Suns series, particularly the handling of the suspensions, this game is going to be in the forefront of this discussion...

Here is where we part company.

The FIX was coming from the MAFIA. Not from the NBA Front Office.

So, unless some fat guy named Paulie with a slice of Salami hanging out of his mouth in a basement down in the Brooklyn had it in for the Miami Heat, you can't say your the victim of anything.

The LEAGUE is the victim here. The FANS are the victims here. Not one team per say

Then why is SHAQ officiated in a way to neutralize him?

it happens all the time.

To me, IMO, it was pretty easy for Tim to pick on the Heat, especially with all the doubters, almost 75% of the games people had the other team beating us, and Dwyane Wade/Shaq missed a bunch of games due to injury.

But Tim made it incredibly unrealistic with the disparity of FT's.

FIND ONE.

ONE.

Go ahead.

GIVE ME A BREAK. Here's one from THAT SAME year... Heat shot 38 freethrows and Chicago shot 17. But I bet you have an excuse for that too. :sidelol: It was a one point game and Miami got 21 more freethrows...

Come on dude... EVERY team gets screwed by the refs. This is showing it was not about one team or another it is ALL about the Mofia changing games for $$.

It is clearly not about a single team, if it was that would be too easy to catch...But we can definitely say that certain fixes were more significant just as certain games are more important...

The Hawks getting fixed for their 54th loss against the Celtics getting their 17th win, isn't as big as a team getting fixed in the playoffs....

The ref is also going to name names and will be entering the witness protection program. Not very surprising to me considering he wants get off easy while ratting evryone else out.

Does this suprise anyone when the Officials in the NBA are really sucky?

GIVE ME A BREAK. Here's one from THAT SAME year... Heat shot 38 freethrows and Chicago shot 17. But I bet you have an excuse for that too. :sidelol: It was a one point game and Miami got 21 more freethrows...

Come on dude... EVERY team gets screwed by the refs. This is showing it was not about one team or another it is ALL about the Mofia changing games for $$.

First of all...it was not a 1 point game...but I have an idea as to why you would like for all to think that.

The Heat was up 12 points at halftime, the Bulls made one run in the 4th...and then had that lead taken away by Wade layups (Thank god for the boxscore and play by play) and the Heat won by 5 points. There were 30 PF's called on Chicago...20 on the heat. 5 of the PF's were intentional PF's. So the disparity was 25-20 in actual foul calls. The heat attacked the basket and the Bulls were a jump shooting team. The heat was #1 in Points in the Paint, but middle of the pack in FT attempts. Explain that.

So it wasn't a one point game. So why did you make that up?

Game 2 had the Bulls shooting 26 FT's to the Heat's 25.

if you are going to go off on something...at least have the facts and don't make up scores to suit your arguement.

I asked you to FIND ONE. FIND ONE game where the heat had more than 30 FT attempts and the opponent less than 10. You said there were PLENTY. I asked you to find one. FIND ONE.

Nice try...but no.

The first two games were dominated by the heat and the Bulls just closed the gap to make the score closer than it was. Game 3 was a Bulls blowout. Game 4 was rigged to make the series close.

The Heat has regularly been screwed. We have SHAQ....every game he begins to dominate...they derail him with foul trouble. In games where he dominates...the other team has zero chance to win.

In those playoffs...SHAQ was in foul trouble throughout...we still won. Against Dallas...he wasn;t allowed to breathe.

We have been the victims of this double standard since he got here....so that is why we as Heat fans scoff at any suggestion that we benefitted from any fixed game.

You really believe all this? That every single time he begins to dominate, the refs purposely call fouls on him to stop his momentum?

Back
Top Bottom