Merged: Not good WR D. Boston is hurt already/Is David Boston ok? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Not good WR D. Boston is hurt already/Is David Boston ok?

So it's official. The Boston trade is a bust. Nice job Rick. Way to waste a perfectly good draft pick for a washed up WR ywho is ALWAYS hurt. Oh Well, Bring on the 2005 season. :evil:

pigskinguy said:
So it's official. The Boston trade is a bust. Nice job Rick. Way to waste a perfectly good draft pick for a washed up WR ywho is ALWAYS hurt. Oh Well, Bring on the 2005 season. :evil:

Whoa Hey now hold the phone, Mini-Camp starts and hes a bust, no sorry wrong anwser. Hes still at his weight from SD and has plenty of time to lose it. Lots of time till kickoff 2004 (countdown ticker for ya on the forums page) Come on now a lil optimisim please :)

Whoa Hey now hold the phone, Mini-Camp starts and hes a bust, no sorry wrong anwser. Hes still at his weight from SD and has plenty of time to lose it. Lots of time till kickoff 2004 (countdown ticker for ya on the forums page) Come on now a lil optimisim please
did u not see the sarcasm from the post before?

I can tell ya one thing. It sure isn't encouraging. Boston was making a little separation from what plagued him in San Diego by dropping down to 234 and attending the off season program.

Now that the official camps have begun...it seems his old patterns are slowly creeping back into the fold....he has gained weight (240) and has a nagging injury that is causing him to stay out of practice...nobody knows how long he will be out.
There is cause for concern here because of the obvious repetitive nature of these issues.

Just something to keep an eye on because we all expect a lot out of Boston this year....but lets not forget his past either.

WiGGy said:
Dolphins | Boston's Weight Could Be Contributing To Injuries - from www.KFFL.com
Thu, 6 May 2004 10:03:29 -0700

The Sun-Sentinel reports Miami Dolphins head coach Dave Wannstedt said WR David Boston's weight – currently at 240 – could contribute to his past history of lower-body injuries. Most of Boston's 240-pound frame is in his massive upper body, and the Dolphins would like to get down to around 230. "It is probably debatable, [but] it doesn't help when you are quite as big as he is," Wannstedt said. "Now he has lost weight since he has been here and has continued to lose weight [and] we are not playing a game next week. I think it is something we are just going to have to keep working on."

Dolphins | Boston Sits Out Second Practice - from www.KFFL.com
Thu, 6 May 2004 09:53:02 -0700

The Sun-Sentinel reports Miami Dolphins WR David Boston (shin) missed his second straight practice Wednesday, May 5, with an injury to his right shin. Boston did not have a wrap on the injury, as he did on Tuesday, May 4. Boston was on the field to watch Wednesday's drills.

Yikes he missed some mini-camp time. It's over it's done, we had better look for his replacement ASAP!

Oliver...

For those that don't know.....chin splints are painful as hell........They only get better with some rest......if there was a game on sunday, he would play........

This is standard procedure....move on...nothing to see here.........

dude i just laugh at some people so damn negative all the time it's a mini camp wow let the man get some rest.ive hurt my shin before and it hurts like hell i wouldn't wanna be running around either.give the guy some slack gezzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!

34RWilliams said:
Whoa Hey now hold the phone, Mini-Camp starts and hes a bust, no sorry wrong anwser. Hes still at his weight from SD and has plenty of time to lose it. Lots of time till kickoff 2004 (countdown ticker for ya on the forums page) Come on now a lil optimisim please :)
C'mon now. Please tell me you got the sarcasm in my last post. I tend to do that......alot. Please, tell me someone saw the sarcasm.......? Or do I need to change my name to Mr. Sarcasm Pigskinguy or something.

Justasportsfan said:
It's a good thing you only attacked the poster. If you said the F word, Muck would've been pi$$ed.

My bad for having a life outside of FinHeaven.

But since you asked, Phreak never mentioned anyone by name or metioned anyone in particular. So no, he didn't "attack" anyone.

This concludes our lesson in FinHeaven TOS. Thanks for playing. We'll let you know if we need any help moderating the forums.

Last edited by a moderator:
shin splints are a pain, but certainly nothing to worry about during mini camp.

i like the fact that dw is getting on his ***, nothing is a given here, the onus is on him(D-Bo)...i believe he will step up.

There was more about this on PFT.

BOSTON ALREADY A PROBLEM FOR FINS

A league source tells us that Dolphins receiver David Boston got into it on Thursday with Miami strength and conditioning coach John Gamble, due to Boston's failure to stick with a plan intended to help him shrink his oversized body.

The story is reminiscent of reports that Boston's tenure with the Chargers began to go downhill after he got into a shouting match with San Diego strength coach Dave Redding -- which was punctuated by Boston telling Redding to "suck my d--k."

The Miami Herald reports merely that a "small rift" is developing between Boston and the team, but the Herald says nothing about the beef between Boston and Gamble. Instead, the Herald points to a shin injury that apparently was caused by Boston's 240-pound girth.

He's been training. Until he got hurt out here, he hasn't missed a day as far as his running and lifting and stuff," coach Dave Wannstedt said. "He's got five percent body fat. We're not talking about losing fat. It's a matter of toning down the muscle tone, really. It sounds simple, but that's what the situation is. He's too muscled up right now and he doesn't have any fat to lose. It's just a matter of toning down."

The Dolphins acquired Boston from the Chargers earlier this year in a high-risk/high-reward transaction that could either put the team over the top, or drag it to the bottom. As of now, the indications are that Boston could be the anchor that runs these mammals aground.

Back
Top Bottom