MERGED: Official NHL Thread | Page 104 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Official NHL Thread

Interesting stat.....before the final day of the regular season in the NHL the Devils had been in first place in the Atlantic Division for a grand total of ZERO days. So lets give a big round of applause to the New York Rangers and Philadelphia Flyers who contributed to let a team out of 1st by 19 points in mid January come back to win the Atlantic division and cement themselves once again as one of the most dangerous teams in hockey. (clapping)

<---I'm pretty pissed too

unifiedtheory said:
Pat Quinn just got fired.

Brutal day and this just adds to it. I think JFJ should've payed for the season but whatever he'll get to bring in his own hired gun next year. I don't think it's a coincidence that when all the guys he brought in, Khavanov, Lindros, Allison and Co. were injured, the Leafs couldn't stop winning and were a much better team. Sure makes you think of the poor job he did last offseason. Pat will be missed and someone else will get a darn good coach.

Pink_Dove said:
Brutal day and this just adds to it. I think JFJ should've payed for the season but whatever he'll get to bring in his own hired gun next year. I don't think it's a coincidence that when all the guys he brought in, Khavanov, Lindros, Allison and Co. were injured, the Leafs couldn't stop winning and were a much better team. Sure makes you think of the poor job he did last offseason. Pat will be missed and someone else will get a darn good coach.

i for one am glad - t.o. needs an overhaul, starting from the top, just like our fins did 2 years ago - paul maurice expected to be named as the replacement :yes: - this is what i've been waiting for - let the youth movement begin...

d-day said:
i for one am glad - t.o. needs an overhaul, starting from the top, just like our fins did 2 years ago - paul maurice expected to be named as the replacement :yes: - this is what i've been waiting for - let the youth movement begin...

I'm with ya but much like the Fins I would've liked it to be a complete overhaul. Unfortunately only PQ's fired and JFJ stays on. I don't care if we have Toe Blake next year as coach, he couldn't even make a contender with the players JFJ brought on. He's lucky the previous regime drafted some nice players which are now coming on. It need to starts up top. Just like when we got rid of Wanny and Spielman. But it won't happen this year, JFJ will get another year to show his stuff. Hopefully he learns from last year's mistakes and starts acting like the shark he should be in the FA market and not the hesitant guy who woke up 30 days after the start of FA like he was last year.

Pink_Dove said:
I'm with ya but much like the Fins I would've liked it to be a complete overhaul. Unfortunately only PQ's fired and JFJ stays on. I don't care if we have Toe Blake next year as coach, he couldn't even make a contender with the players JFJ brought on. He's lucky the previous regime drafted some nice players which are now coming on. It need to starts up top. Just like when we got rid of Wanny and Spielman. But it won't happen this year, JFJ will get another year to show his stuff. Hopefully he learns from last year's mistakes and starts acting like the shark he should be in the FA market and not the hesitant guy who woke up 30 days after the start of FA like he was last year.

telly can go - i like aubin for the interim until one of the prospects is ready - sundin made a nice comment yesterday - he said he would rather retire a leaf, then just get traded to a contender so he could win a cup - now that's what i'm talking about... :wink:

Lundqvist for Calder? Not if you're watching this game on right now.

dominizzo said:
Phillly in 5 ok ill make it better for those Sabres fan in 6

You tell them Dominizzo....the Flyers are just giving the Sabers a little confidence before they destroy the Sabers. :lol:

Rumor has it that Ken Hitch****, win or lose the series vs. Buffalo, may be fired as Flyers head coach. Bobby Clarke is a huge Pat Quinn guy, and he coached he before if some of you remember. So that is a big reason why. Plus Hitch has failed to meet expectations in the 3 years he's coached. I still love Hitch though, i wouldn't fire him. I dont think it is his fault this team has failed to make the cup finals and that they are losing this year. But Pat Quinn is also a very good coach......

Back
Top Bottom