Merged: Omar Jacobs | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Omar Jacobs

kbeath said:
That is CLASSIC! The only game I have seen this kid play was the BOISE STATE GAME. He looked great!!!!!!! I was a qb and this kid has a big time arm and is a big athletic guy. He doesnt look like he throws hard almost effortless like peyton and eli. No I am not comparing them as far as careers go just that they throw a similer ball. He also throws great spirals which make the ball easier to catch. Time will Tell weather or not Jacobs has what it takes. But it is a rediculous comment to say he didnt play as well as his stats suggest.

wow, you think he played good. He was horrible in the 1st half, he was clueless. Boise St. shut him down and he couldn't improvise or adjust at all. In the 2nd half, after Boise St had put the game away and started playing softer, is when he got his TD's and completions. But he was absolutely unimpressive the whole game, especially in the 1st half. Also, as you watch him, you must recognize the spread offense Bowling Green runs and how it inflates his stats.

did i just read someone comparing jacobs' release to peyton manning's? possibly the most ignorant thing i've ever seen

kbeath said:
Obviously so dont comment!:lol: :shakeno:
So what Im saying is of the college football I watched Jacobs is another over hyped QB prospect.

Of coure we need a RB Ronnie's a bust remember guys? :rolleyes:
Seriously though I think thats a nice list, good job, except about your comments on Jacobs.

i think Saban should do whatever he can to trade pics and draft Marcus McNeil and Brodie Croyle. If Ricky Williams proves himself this year, im sure some teams would trade a 1st for him. It may actually be more important to draft a Top Center, instead of an Offensive Tackle like Marcus McNeil.....but McNeil has a good future. As for Jay Cutler, isnt that the name of a famous bodybuilder???

Great post. I don't get a chance to watch much college football anymore. I did see Alabama this past weekend, though, and was extremely impressed by Brody Croyle. He does have a strong NFL caliber arm, but it was his accuracy that really impressed me. Everyone of his throws, with few exceptions, was right on the mark. If it wasn't for injuries, I think he'd be considered a potential high draft pick. I also hear that he has the kind of intangibles that scouts love. Honestly, I think he's the type of qb a team can win with.

Marcus Vick also looks pretty impressive physically. He's a little short, though, and I don't think he's the type of player Saban would take for a leadership position although he did consider McPherson.

Leak didn't look good at all vs. Alabama and Jacobs looked terrible vs. Boise State. I'd like to see them both again, but based on those games Jacobs would have to be considered a developmental guy and not a first day draft pick. Leak might end up being a second day pick as well.

I'm trying to see all the top qb prospects so I appreciate feedback like yours.

ItalianDolFan said:
i think Saban should do whatever he can to trade pics and draft Marcus McNeil and Brodie Croyle. If Ricky Williams proves himself this year, im sure some teams would trade a 1st for him. It may actually be more important to draft a Top Center, instead of an Offensive Tackle like Marcus McNeil.....but McNeil has a good future. As for Jay Cutler, isnt that the name of a famous bodybuilder???

Not true unfortanatly. Both Edgerrin James and Shaun Alexander will be free agents next year. Why give up a 1st for a back with off the field issues when you can just sign Edgerrin or Shaun? I dont think we could get more than a 4 personaly.

do u guys think Vick would be on the radar if his name wasn't Vick?

Ya'll are a trip.. u didnt want Ricky cause he smoked weed but you'll take a guy who is trying to or having sex with 14 year olds?... nice

I'm just relieved that Saban and Mueller are running the warroom next April!...:whew:

Void said:
do u guys think Vick would be on the radar if his name wasn't Vick?

Ya'll are a trip.. u didnt want Ricky cause he smoked weed but you'll take a guy who is trying to or having sex with 14 year olds?... nice

Yes I do think he would be on the radar, as to the girls do you remeber how old they actualy were? I know they met at a colage party....

dolphan117 said:
Not true unfortanatly. Both Edgerrin James and Shaun Alexander will be free agents next year. Why give up a 1st for a back with off the field issues when you can just sign Edgerrin or Shaun? I dont think we could get more than a 4 personaly.

Why would they sign and older back for huge bucks when they can trade for Ricky? It is possible, but not likely (getting a first that is)

I dont want us to use a first round pick on a QB, not unless Gus tanks.. And please, Vince Young will never be a starting NFL QB.. if he is I will eat my hat and video tape it LIVE and find a way to show you all.. because Young will never be a starting QB in the NFL

TexasFinFan said:
Why would they sign and older back for huge bucks when they can trade for Ricky? It is possible, but not likely (getting a first that is)

I dont want us to use a first round pick on a QB, not unless Gus tanks.. And please, Vince Young will never be a starting NFL QB.. if he is I will eat my hat and video tape it LIVE and find a way to show you all.. because Young will never be a starting QB in the NFL

Alexander and Ricky were both born in 1977 and James was in the same draft class as Ricky.

killswitch said:
These are prospects that have been especially impressive IMO (EDIT: this is not a ranking of prospects of any sort; just some random players who have impressed me)

Overrated Players

QB - Omar Jacobs - Bowling Green; i've never seen a more overhyped small-school QB than Omar Jacobs. The guy is well-built for his position and he's obviously an effective college QB. But beyond that he is far from special. The hype around this kid results completely from him being a product of his spread offense, QB-friendly system and his charisma on the field.

If you watch him play, he is not too accurate, his timing is not necessarily impressive (he way too often underthrows the deep ball for an elite QB prospect, or he throws a little behind his target), and his arm (to some people's surprise) is really not that strong at all.

Jacobs falls into the category of Timmy Chang, BJ Symons, Josh Harris (former Bowling Green QB), etc. All these guys were extremely effective college QB's b/c of their system who lacked NFL ability. In fact, do u guys remember 6'3, 238 lb. Josh Harris from a few years ago? remember how high some people were on this kid? His Sr year he threw for over 3,800 yds, rushed for 830 yds, completed 66% of his passes, 27 TD's and !2 ints. He was a late-rd draft pick. Now, quietly, he is out of the NFL.

But, anyway, completely disregarding his atrocious release, he does not have much upside for the NFL. I have read that he can be a 1st rd draft pick next year if not his year, but i wholeheartedly disagree. In fact, whether he goes to the draft this year or next, he should not be a 1st-day pick. I expect his stock to fall during pre-draft workouts, etc. and i would be surprised if he is anything other than a late-rd pick.

Yeah but does Omar Jacobs have any big time receivers to throw the ball too? I dont think he is as overated as Marcus Vick is.

Roman529 said:
Yeah but does Omar Jacobs have any big time receivers to throw the ball too? I dont think he is as overated as Marcus Vick is.

Other than the off the field issues, is there somthing in particular that people dont like about Vick? Just wondering.

Back
Top Bottom