MERGED: Opinions on Jason Allen | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Opinions on Jason Allen

uga3406 said:
i could care less about this guy. i waited 3 hours for this ****. what a joke and i thought this time was heading in the right direction. they should of got cromartie or traded the pick. what else is new another db for us this offseason. whats next a punter, kicker maybe sign jay fielder to get danutes backup..sounds good
wow i guess we need to hang it up then we drafted someone you didnt want :rolleyes2

look in my sig i wanted the phins to draft Chad Greenway we had a chance but saban felt either we needed a DB over a LB or Allen was just the better pick but you dont see me talking S***

Of course some UGA fan would say that. I just registered to tell you guys a little more about Jason. First off, he wasn't 100% at the combine but felt good enough to run. He is 100% now, so that's no problem. As for his real speed when healthy, he usually timed right at 4.3 while at Tennessee and if you watch last year's game against Ole Miss, Allen ran down Mico McSwain from ten yards back and McSwain is a 4.3 guy. Allen also is a solid tackler, despite the running-over Ronnie Brown gave him, last year Jason was knocking back runningbacks and really looked the best he ever has at wrapping up and sticking a guy. He actually led the entire SEC in tackles in '04. He will not be a bust. He's smart, extremely fast, extremely athletic, instinctive, and relentless. The guy who started this thread is probably just ticked that nobody like Greg Blue who likes to lead with his helmet all the time...a dirty, dirty player.

He was the most athletic DB in the draft (even over Huff, as an athlete not as a prospect). He has the size Saban covets and we had a huge need at FS. He can cover and he can tackle, so-so hands. Before his injury (hip)he was a top 10 pick. There was a rumor that he has a degenerative hip condition, but that made the rounds during the last two weeks when most of the disinformation arises. If healthy, he's a great pick. I have faith that Saban checked that out and historically our physicals have been very stringent.

does anybody have an safetie rating before allen injury because if I'am correct he was classified very hight on college power ranking at the beginning of lest season.

I am worried about the hip and a bit confused as to why they didn't pick someone else. I am worried sick over Daunte's knee and what our QB situation will be.

Having said that though, Saban has been doing a great job and he and his staff are privy to more info than I and most of us here are. I trust Saban for now because he has not done anything to make me not trust him. The man shows exceptional intelligence and thought in his actions and decisions.

This pick is questionable but only time will tell if it is a mistake or not. Let’s give it that time and stay supportive of our team and its staff.

:dolphins: :)

I have to give props to one of my best friends. He is a DB coach, and he told me last week that the Phins will draft Allen and that he is the second best DB in this draft.

Listening to Saban he really loves this kid. Said his doctors really worked him over and thought he was 100%. Said that he gave a lot of RB/WR so concessions while at Tenn. and yet Allen hasn't had this problem than he really brings the wood and is very intelligent. With the injury and the second guessing Allen wants to prove he can succeed and Sabans thinks he will because of his work ethic and family values. Feel better about it and it does address a major need in our secondary.

That "IF" is a big one considering we have a lot of needs and not a lot of picks. A hip injury for an OLineman or something is one thing, they don't run much, but a hip issue for a DB is HUGE. For a DB, a hip is the most important body part in coverage. You need fuild hips to swing and run with receivers. With so many questions about his hip, it worries me. Remember Eddie Moore? Also a UT guy? Remember Yatil Green and his injury history at Miami?

HysterikiLL said:
I was down for about 10 mins but am getting happier and happier. This is an awesome pick. A player.

I kind of feel the same way. I'm sort of an OL homer, but Justice must be falling for a reason honestly.

fastball83 said:
does anybody have an safetie rating before allen injury because if I'am correct he was classified very hight on college power ranking at the beginning of lest season.

Talent wise... he has always been a top 10 pick... the only question people had on him was his hip... thats it...

InMyChambers said:
It's funny they don't show all the other plays where Allen took Caddy and Ronnie down. A lot of other really good players got drilled by those two backs during their years at Auburn also. Whether now or late, you'll eventually agree that Allen is a bigtime player.

Oh, and a couple of those weren't even Jason Allen, it was Brandon Johnson and Corey Campbell.

I wonder how fast he REALLY is once he is healthy.

Back
Top Bottom