MERGED: Pats released Ty Law | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Pats released Ty Law

Ty Law is nowhere near the corner that Surtain is. If you're going to overpay for a corner, wouldn't you want the best available? Plus, if you trade for Surtain, you don't have to have a bidding war for him.

miamirw said:
Hold on a second, while it's true the value for a shutdown corner plummets, but maybe Surtain will realize that he's not going to get the mega deal he covets. Maybe now we can resign him to a decent extension ie. 4 yrs 4 mil a year.

One of the teams mentioned as needing a CB is going to snap up Law. The others may opt for a draft day solution.
man, you really need to step into reality....a few days ago you thought that alexander would play for 4 or 5 mil per season, and now pat will play for a 4 year 16 mil deal?

Come on

TXFinFan said:
Ty Law is nowhere near the corner that Surtain is. If you're going to overpay for a corner, wouldn't you want the best available? Plus, if you trade for Surtain, you don't have to have a bidding war for him.
not if the team that has him is asking for a lot

Surtain's value is going down whether you homers believe it or not

Dudeman said:
man, you really need to step into reality....a few days ago you thought that alexander would play for 4 or 5 mil per season, and now pat will play for a 4 year 16 mil deal?

Come on
It was one or two million for Alexander. I remember reading that.:roflmao:

TXFinFan said:
The guy's been the starting corner in four Super Bowls, has made numerous Pro Bowls, been the Pro Bowl MVP, made more big plays in big games than I can remember... and he's nowhere near the corner Surtain is?

Come on... you could maybe argue that he's not as good as Surtain, but it's at least close.

Law is awesome. Losing him will criple Pats down the road.

Gator Mike said:
The guy's been the starting corner in four Super Bowls, has made numerous Pro Bowls, been the Pro Bowl MVP, made more big plays in big games than I can remember... and he's nowhere near the corner Surtain is?

Come on... you could maybe argue that he's not as good as Surtain, but it's at least close.
Make that 3... he was on IR this year.
But, I agree with you.

DOLFANMIKE said:
Law is awesome. Losing him will criple Pats down the road.

Did you happen to watch the second half of this year and the playoffs?

beach2nd said:
Did you happen to watch the second half of this year and the playoffs?

Yes.

Have you watched them play over the past 5 years? Law was without question one of their best players and would be again if they'd have kept him.
They have now lost key coaches and key players. Law is one of the best of them.

What team will Ty Law play for next season??

I say he goes to the Vikes or of course the Chiefs. And how many ints do you think he will have? Thoughts???

Maybe the Colts or the Cardinals. I dont know why but i see him going to the Titans.

Back
Top Bottom