merged:Pats Ted Johnson Just Retired | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

merged:Pats Ted Johnson Just Retired

Its the beginning of the end. its interesting to watch their rise. jealously I have to take my hats off to their incredible run. Its also just as interesting to watch their decent. i dont think they'll be afc fodders... but the end is certainly near. Will Belichick maintain his fire for coaching after so much success. should be interested. Especially since i feel like something really special is going to develop here in Miami for the future of this franchise.

Never underestimate the Pats. They never look great on paper but always manage to win.

L.T.21 said:
Yes, minus players it will be more of a challenge.

But with Brady, team chemistry, and scheme, I think they'll be alright.

Yeah, they're not going to, all of a sudden, go 6-10 or something, but they may not be the "shoe-in" for AFCE that everyone thinks they are.

L.T.21 said:
Yes, minus players it will be more of a challenge.

But with Brady, team chemistry, and scheme, I think they'll be alright.

That would mean something if Brady was a great QB.

nick1 said:
and don't forget that the Pats are minus Ty Law too

what about that big fat guy that lined up in the middle on defense for them. Its all going to add up. ha ha h ahahahhaah screw the pats..... :lol:

We have lost 3 huge impact linebackers and still have a top ten corp...Im not worried about Johnsons departure.

I'm not saying that the Patriots aren't good, I'm saying that they're not as good as they were and the writing is on the wall. One or two injuries and they'll be struggling to make the playoff's. Just watch and see.

All that'll mean something alright. It'll mean more arrogance if they do play well.

Scrap said:
All that'll mean something alright. It'll mean more arrogance if they do play well.

If they make it to the Super Bowl again missing all those coordinators and missing quite a few key components, then they deserve to be arrogant.

Kenny_Stang said:
I'm not saying that the Patriots aren't good, I'm saying that they're not as good as they were and the writing is on the wall. One or two injuries and they'll be struggling to make the playoff's. Just watch and see.
I'd be more inclined to believe this if the Pats hadn't won a Super Bowl two years ago after leading the league injuries and setting a record for largest number of players who started for them.

Ted Johnson isn't nearly the loss that Bruschi was. At this point his career, Johnson was little more than a situational, run-stopping linebacker. There are still guys out on the street who can fill that role... Kevin Hardy, for one.

Agua said:
Yeah, they're not going to, all of a sudden, go 6-10 or something, but they may not be the "shoe-in" for AFCE that everyone thinks they are.

I think they could go 6-10, but it would be a matter of a late season collapse. I like them to be in a position to at minimum make a playoff run in December. That means they would need to be 6-6 or 7-5 entering those last four.

WOW. That's big news. So much for the Pats being "strong up the middle" on defense. I mean, they've got Wilfork and Seymour (who is holding out) and still have Harrison, but now they don't have Johnson or Bruschi.

Gator Mike said:
I'd be more inclined to believe this if the Pats hadn't won a Super Bowl two years ago after leading the league injuries and setting a record for largest number of players who started for them.

Ted Johnson isn't nearly the loss that Bruschi was. At this point his career, Johnson was little more than a situational, run-stopping linebacker. There are still guys out on the street who can fill that role... Kevin Hardy, for one.

More than injuries, I think the biggest loss is on the coaching staff. Belicheck is good, but he can't do it all, and it will show.

Back
Top Bottom