Merged: Ron Wolf Declines to Be Interviewed for GM Job | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Ron Wolf Declines to Be Interviewed for GM Job

Muck

Now completely imaginary
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Ron Wolf Declines to Be Interviewed for GM Job

From the OFFICIAL site.

Ron Wolf declined Tuesday to be considered for a job with the Miami Dolphins, who are creating a new general manager position.

The Dolphins will interview Tampa Bay interim general manager Tim Ruskell and Buffalo assistant general manager Tom Modrak, team president Eddie Jones said.

The article does say that the Phins plan on having Wolf in a consultant role once his contract with Green Bay expires in May.

Also, the NFL has told Miami that they can't interview Scott Pioli till after the playoffs. That pretty much takes Pioli off the list.

Looks like it is down to four guys:

Randy Mueller
Tom Modrak
Tim Ruskell
Rick Spielman

Does anyone really think Rick is a serious candidate?

I don't think anyone is actually informed when it comes to these candidates but I'm a little worried that the organization is making a mistake by not taking Spielman seriously for this job.

It just seems a little weird to be looking at GMs with checkered pasts when we got a guy in the front office that some are speculating will be snapped up as soon as he decides to leave.

That's without mentioning the good relationship Spielman already has with the various agents. We have all read quotes from various agents commending the honest dealings of the Dolphins organization. Do we really want to p*ss on that?

Originally posted by ZOD
I don't think anyone is actually informed when it comes to these candidates but I'm a little worried that the organization is making a mistake by not taking Spielman seriously for this job.

It just seems a little weird to be looking at GMs with checkered pasts when we got a guy in the front office that some are speculating will be snapped up as soon as he decides to leave.

That's without mentioning the good relationship Spielman already has with the various agents. We have all read quotes from various agents commending the honest dealings of the Dolphins organization. Do we really want to p*ss on that?

I'm with you. I say keep Spielman. The problem is that it will give a rather cosmetic change a really Cosmetic look.
I do think that Spielman is an up and comer whom I'd hate to lose, esp., when I hear that he wanted Boldin, but Wanny blocked it for Eddie Moore instead.

They should have fired Wanny and made Spielman G.M.

Originally posted by KBISBACK
Also, the NFL has told Miami that they can't interview Scott Pioli till after the playoffs. That pretty much takes Pioli off the list.

Looks like it is down to four guys:

Randy Mueller
Tom Modrak
Tim Ruskell
Rick Spielman

Does anyone really think Rick is a serious candidate?
no i dont think rick is really being considered for the position why would they interview other pepole? rick has done an excellent job and should have done been promoted in my book.if they thought he had what it takes they would not interview other pepole i have a feeling this will be a mistake just like keeping wanny.allthough randy mueller is an excellent candidate rick is still getting shafted in my book what has he done to not get the job? for some reason detroit was really interrested in rick but we are not. i can not understand the thinking of our team at this point.

The worry that if Wanny fails again Spielman will feel some commitmant to the guy who brought him here.

I agree: keep Rick. I'd rather he be around long after Wanny fades away into the sunset. As far as production, he's done the best job of anything that rode in with Wanny.

Exactly what I was going to ask Muck. Why not keep Spielman? He knows what we need. He has been here done that, but he has never been allowed to have the final say in things. If he would have, we would have Anquan Boldin on this squad. Re-Sign Spielman!!

Based on nothing but intuition: Wolf is the only person they'd not hesitate to give hiring / firing authority to (coaches).

Dave was Spielman's Boss

Originally posted by Prime Time
Exactly what I was going to ask Muck. Why not keep Spielman? He knows what we need. He has been here done that, but he has never been allowed to have the final say in things. If he would have, we would have Anquan Boldin on this squad. Re-Sign Spielman!!

Maybe its not a good thing that the guy that worked for you now becomes your boss. Maybe I am wrong but, there are business protocols that are usually followed...

So for this reason I don't believe he will get it...

Other than that, I believe Rick can do a great job here or anywhere.

GOOO FIIINZ

:cooldude:

I think the biggest worry is that if Rick is promoted, he may still defer some on decisions to Wannstedt despite having the final say.

The question is, if it comes down to a draft pick like they had last year. Will Rick take the guy he wants when Wannstedt is telling him that he likes so and so?

No knock on Rick, he's done a great job and has a very bright future, but not in Miami. When they gave Dave 2 more years it sealed the fate for Spielman. There is no way they would put him in a position above Wanny. If they did then this whole hiring a GM fiasco is just cosmetic. I would much rather have gotten rid of Wanny and kept Spielman. But since Dave is in Spielman has to go.

Back
Top Bottom