MERGED: Rumor/Report - Dolphins looking to trade Smiley | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Rumor/Report - Dolphins looking to trade Smiley

Incognito has the most talent on our line besides Long, this is a huge upgrade. The guy played left tackle all through college and can play any postion on the oline. He just needs to get rid of some mental errors. I luve the kids nastyness and physical abilites.. Do a little reseach and you'll see that this kid is awsome and will be great for us. Incognito is the first Husker freshman offensive lineman to start in the season opener and just the third rookie lineman to earn any start in his first year of competition. He played in all 14 games, starting 13 at left tackle and posted the second-highest season pancake total in Husker history with 171. Pretty Good Stat.

Also Smiley is just to injury prone and is too expensive to keep as a backup. Trading him makes perfect football sense.

Although I agree with some of your points, I'm still not 100% convinced just because his versatility is strong doesn't mean he can replace Smiley just like that...I love Justin Smiley and if it weren't for the injuries I don't think we would be even having this discussion. Had Smiley been healthy for all of 2008 and 2009, he could have easily been in the Pro Bowl. The character he has and how he carries himself is something I really like about him. Let's just hope Richie has changed and can prove second chances should be handed out to NFL players with bad track records...

I seem to remember the Seahawks not having their 3rd round pick in this year's draft, which is why they had to swap spots in the 2nd round this year in order to acquire Whitehurst. I doubt we get a 3rd, but I wouldn't be disappointed with a 4th and a young player worthy of development, maybe like a Rob Sims.

yeah, the Seahawks traded their 2010 third-round pick in a draft day trade last year (to Philadelphia)

I seem to remember the Seahawks not having their 3rd round pick in this year's draft, which is why they had to swap spots in the 2nd round this year in order to acquire Whitehurst. I doubt we get a 3rd, but I wouldn't be disappointed with a 4th and a young player worthy of development, maybe like a Rob Sims.

Yup. * #70: Seattle to Philadelphia. Seattle traded this selection and its 2009 fifth- (137th overall; after other trades, Baltimore selected Jason Phillips) and seventh-round selections (213th overall; Philadelphia selected Paul Fanaika) for Philadelphia's 2009 third-round selection (91st overall; Seattle selected Deon Butler).

I like Smiley too, but I definitely was impressed with Garner and Berger last season. I kind of like the idea of the "no name" interior line of the Dolphins. A 3rd or 4th round draft pick to be invested on the defense (or a WR!) will do wonders for the rebuilding project.

i'd be stoked to get their 4th rounder...smiley can't stay healthy...that shoulder could nix the whole thing if it doesn't check out

I am telling you before this is all said and done Cleveland will come into the mix. They need OL help desperately, they have something like 14 picks in the draft with three 3rd round picks and oh by the way Shaun Rogers.

I am telling you before this is all said and done Cleveland will come into the mix. They need OL help desperately, they have something like 14 picks in the draft with three 3rd round picks and oh by the way Shaun Rogers.

Oh how nice that would be, Rogers for Smiley

If Parcells told Smiley it was Seattle, then the deal must be close. He wouldn't notify the player of the team if it wasn't almost 100% completed.

I think we could end up getting Rogers for Smiley plus we could get a pick back...

The latest scoop...

I just met Yeremiah Bell and Justin Smiley at Atlanta airport flying to FLL. While they were both nice to talk to Yeremiah was more reserved when I asked him who he would play opposite of this season. Either way he's stil la stand up guy. Justin who was also very nice told me that he had received a phone call from Bill the night before and that he was apparently to be traded to Seattle within the next few days.

I tried calling the nice people at the Herald but they turned me away so im letting you all in on this. He seemed pretty shook up and definately seemed like he wanted to stay in south florida but it seems Parcells is trying to go younger and Smiley is not in their plans. Let me just say that although I understand the decision I still hate to see Smiley go, he's a nice guy and has certainly helped improve our O-line over the past few years, I mean he was Sparano's first real acquisition. But despite injuries and the development of Nardner it seems we can afford to let him go. Hopefully its a nice tasty pick but dont be suprised if it isn't, we are a team focused on improving predominately through the draft and thats the way its done. Hope you all enjoy this and keep in mind that nothings certain till its certain, i'm just telling you what he told me.

+1 Rep

Not really surprised after we signed Incognito. Hopefully we get a good deal.

Back
Top Bottom