MERGED: Ryan Swope just retired | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Ryan Swope just retired

Good thing we didn't draft him in the 3rd round .....:crazy:

This forum was nuts draft weekend because we kept passing on him. Internet GM's all worked up for nothing.

Man, concussions are an SOB. It's too bad they cost Swope a chance to even play one down in the NFL. Really unfortunate news, but I guess our staff (and 30 others) really knew what they were doing when they passed him up. Hopefully he gets a chance to prove himself down the road because he's clearly a talented guy. Best of luck to him.

let the digs begin :rolleyes2:, we didnt want him because he had a medical condition, the kid was a second round talent and would have been an absolute stud - in Miami if healthy.

he made the correct decision, its not worth ruining your health for an NFL career

Hey, I was one of the turkeys who wanted him. He looked pretty good as the slot guy in the games I watched. But full marks to Ireland's team for correctly evaluating the risk.
I hope that his health improves to live a full and productive life. One door shuts and another opens. At least he can honestly say that he helped make Ryan Tannehill look good at college.

Hope he doesn't have any long term effects.....

Good luck RS!

I heard from one of my sources a few days before the draft he was off our draft board entirely. I had no idea it was THAT bad.

I was one who was afraid of him because of the concussion history, but still feel bad for the guy that he didn't get a chance to play in the NFL - I do hope he's able to live a long relatively normal, healthy life though as that's more important than any cash he would've made playing football.

man that's terrible...i loved him...quite a slot talent...but i don't have access to medical records...poor kid...tough son of a gun

let the digs begin :rolleyes2:, we didnt want him because he had a medical condition, the kid was a second round talent and would have been an absolute stud - in Miami if healthy.

he made the correct decision, its not worth ruining your health for an NFL career

Didnt you flame EVERYBODY pre-draft who didnt want to pick this guy up?

Re: Ryan Swope just retired

Didnt you flame EVERYBODY pre-draft who didnt want to pick this guy up?

Yup, none of us had access to his medical records. If he had been able to play he would have been the perfect fit for our offense and we would have been mad to pass on him.

Obviously our medical team had other ideas. Still a great player though

Its Ireland's fault he tired, because if he would of drafted him, he would of been the next Wes Welker. Bahaha..

Back
Top Bottom