MERGED: Ryan Swope just retired | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Ryan Swope just retired

I also really wanted Swope, the guy was fun to watch at A&M and blazed his 40 at the combine. I hope he is able to live good life.

all of u wanted ryan swope as early as 3rd round....

Now hes retired. Good job guys.

Ryan Swope, Cards rookie, retires due to concussions

By Gregg Rosenthal
Around The League Editor
Published: July 25, 2013 at 07:25 p.m.
Updated: July 25, 2013 at 08:24 p.m.

Texas A&M wide receiver Ryan Swope fell to the sixth round of the 2013 NFL Draft because of concerns about his concussion history in college. Those concussions have sadly ended Swope's career before it started.

The Arizona Cardinals announced Thursday that Swope was placed on the reserve/retired list. Coach Bruce Arians admitted in June that the team didn't expect Swope's concussion issues to linger into the offseason. NFL Network's Mike Mayock said during the draft that Swope suffered four concussions in college, and he suffered a setback after joining the Cardinals.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...swope-cards-rookie-retires-due-to-concussions

I thinks a pat on the back or atleast good job is needed for philbin/ireland for not taking this guy. I am actually relieved now. Good job FO!

:tank::tank::tank::tank::tank::tank::tank::tank:When I reach perfection, I'm going to be all over all of you for your "mistakes".

You have been warned.................

(now, someone move this thread)

Thank you OP. I was so tired of seeing his name and people crying about not getting him. I feel bad for him but glad we didnt draft him.

Wrong not ALL of us wanted Swope as early as 3rd round. In fact, some of us didn't want him at all. Get your facts straight before you make a blanket statement like that

Your right I sure didn't want him but most of the people on this forum did I didnt think he was gna be that great but I didnt expect retirement hope he finds something else other than football that works for him

My I told you so's regarding Swope are far done and have been for a while.

As a person who had multiple severe concussions I wish him the best as he deals with them

Your right I sure didn't want him but most of the people on this forum did I didnt think he was gna be that great but I didnt expect retirement hope he finds something else other than football that works for him

I thought he had the talent, my worry was just about everything I read about him going into the draft mentioned his multiple concussions - that worries me. Look at Jahvid Best, similar story, except he got to play a little while in the NFL, bottom line head injuries are no joke and when it happens multiple times it becomes much more serious.

Wrong not ALL of us wanted Swope as early as 3rd round. In fact, some of us didn't want him at all. Get your facts straight before you make a blanket statement like that

I think if you reread the OP you will see he is ONLY talking to those who wanted Swoopes early in the draft. I for one was one of those. I am now glad we didn't take him of course. But the OP clearly wasn't saying everyone on the board was wanting to take Swoopes in the 3rd.

Now hes retired. Good job guys.

wow a kid retired from injury and your first reaction was to say "good job" to those who liked him... I bet your a real classy guy

I was gutted to hear this news, even though I have expected it since I heard he was held out of otas, I just hope Ryan has no long term health issues as a result of this

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom