Merged: Saban considering trading up? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Saban considering trading up?

dominizzo said:
Saban is playing master mind games Remember when he said he was gonna select Braylon Edwards!!!! Hes making the Media go crazy

If I remember correctly, it wasn't Saban that told Braylon that he was going to be drafted. It was Spielman.

phinfan2003 said:
Does anyone think that Cutler's stock may have dropped a bit after a not-so-good performance at the senior bowl?

It would be a shame if 3 passes had a large effect on where Cutler is drafted.

dominizzo said:
Saban is playing master mind games Remember when he said he was gonna select Braylon Edwards!!!! Hes making the Media go crazy
That was my thought too. If I remeber correctly Saben was going to draft Brown, Edwards, Smith, and I think evern Rogers at one point. Or so said the Inside Guy. :wink:

I guess the real question is, does saban already have his eye on a certain QB. I would say no as of right now simply because he hasnt been given enough time to evaluate the talent pool out there. And wasn't there buzz around here about saban stockpiling draft picks?

Who knows what this man has planned, but I believe he will make the right decisions for this team.

phinfan2003 said:
Does anyone think that Cutler's stock may have dropped a bit after a not-so-good performance at the senior bowl?
I personly think he shot up draft boards quicker than he should have. I dont know if Saturday droped him as much as brought teams back to the reality that he isnt an NFL ready qb. A lot of upside but needs to be developed.

It is interesting that Cutler's hype express may be slowing now. That bodes well for anyone (like us) who's intersted in drafting him without over-paying.

As for Vince Young, I want no part of him. He's never played in a pro style system and, like many running quarterbacks, looks confused when trying to find an open man. His first instinct is always to start running around. No thanks.

My dream scenario is that the Jets draft Young and we get to sweep them for the next four or five years running. Vince Young is the Akili Smith of 2006.

dolphan117 said:
I personly think he shot up draft boards quicker than he should have. I dont know if Saturday droped him as much as brought teams back to the reality that he isnt an NFL ready qb. A lot of upside but needs to be developed.

Also, from what I've been hearing the Jets are looking to trade down to grab him.

dominizzo said:

Actually, your memory is faulty. Saban never said that. It was reported incorrectly and then clarified later.

dominizzo said:

I agree...there's no way Saban will give up other picks to pick up a QB that isn't a sure thing. There's just to many needs to roll the dice on 1 guy.

i wish for young but i hope we dont get cutler.id rather get whitehurst knowing he putplayed cutler yesterday

rafael said:
Actually, your memory is faulty. Saban never said that. It was reported incorrectly and then clarified later.
Thats the point. Un named sources close to Saban were reported as saying he wanted Edwards. I am not talking about what our gm at the time suposedly said to Edwards either.

That's a good sign. If true, it means that Saban realizes that the chances of building a dynasty without a great QB are almost nonexistant. And that you can only find great QBs in FA or late in the draft once in a blue moon.

Back
Top Bottom