[MERGED] Senator wants to meet with Commish about Destroyed Tapes | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED] Senator wants to meet with Commish about Destroyed Tapes

That's your opinion.

The NFL took care of it? Really? Is that your standard for businesses--simply destroy all evidence casting doubt on your integrity as a multibillion dollar corporation. I'm all for government staying out of business, but at times big business needs to be checked a bit.

You honestly think this has nothing to do with votes? Yes its my opinion.

Rob Schneider was just on the Mike Tirico show and they asked him what he thought about Belichik....and he said, "CHEATER."

You honestly think this has nothing to do with votes? Yes its my opinion.

Read this sob story letter defending the Patriots. :boohoo:

I just sent this letter off to Senators Kerry and Kennedy:

Dear Senator Kerry:

As a tax-paying American citizen and a Massachusetts constituent, I would like to voice my concern over Sen. Arlen Specter instigating an investigation into the "videogate" matter that has been decided upon by the NFL and which entity long ago levied heavy fines and penalties on the New England Patriots. For Sen. Specter to be wasting his time and attempting to waste our hard-earned money into a matter that is not of concern to our government and which is clearly NOT a violation of any law of the United States when there are so many pressing and crucial matters to be focused upon in our country is a disgusting disregard for the hard-working people of this country.

Sen. Specter in a letter to the NFL stated, "I am very concerned about the underlying facts on the taping, the reasons for the judgment on the limited penalties and, most of all, on the inexplicable destruction of the tapes." Clearly, the Senator must not be aware of the largest fine ever to be levied on a coach in the history of the NFL and, in addition, the consequences to a team of the loss of a first-round draft pick. Regardless, what does this have to do with our government? According to the Senator, "It's analogous to the CIA destruction of tapes. Or any time you have records destroyed." Either the Senator from Pennsylvania is entirely senile, comparing a violation of a rule in a GAME to security risks to our government, or he has nothing better to do for his state.

I am hoping that you, Sen. Kerry, along with Sen. Kennedy, can assist in quashing this ridiculous waste of time instigated by an apparent sore loser. This is disrespectful to the American people and, particularly, to the citizens of the Commonwealth.

Thank you for your time and consideration in this pitifully wasteful situation. However, it is of import not only to the ever-expanding fan base of the New England Patriots, but also to our citizens who are sick of wasteful government time and precious taxpayers' money.

Goddell Interview on spygate.

No of tapes taken from the pats = 6.

Confirmed all the 6 tapes had coaches waving all 3 [1 real 1 and 2 dumby ones which team use to cover their signals] waving and then down in the monitor.

In one camera 1 asst coach is waving only at the camera .

confirmed that patriots are not the only team doing it and he wanted to send the message to other teams doing it.

After pacman and vick, what do you think the NFL would do if it had a full fledged scandal on it's hands? Some evidence showing that the Patsies possibly cheated in a Super Bowl or something of that nature.

Goodell says they destroyed (they actually burned them, wtf?) the evidence to make sure the Patsies would never again have this advantage.

He's says this despite the fact that the Patsies swore they turned over everything and made no copies. That doesn't make any sense.

By destroying the evidence, Goodell brought this speculation upon his league. It was a stupid move, one that MAKES EVEN LESS SENSE given his explanation. Something stinks, pure and simple.

No of tapes taken from the pats = 6.

Confirmed all the 6 tapes had coaches waving all 3 [1 real 1 and 2 dumby ones which team use to cover their signals] waving and then down in the monitor.

In one camera 1 asst coach is waving only at the camera .

confirmed that patriots are not the only team doing it and he wanted to send the message to other teams doing it.

Hey satz you don't have a link to the transcript of the interview do you?

As i mentioned in another thread jimmy johnson went on radio and claimed when he was in miami they circumvented the 15 sec qb/coach audio cutoff a few days ago. I think shannan got caught taping before too during a past super bowl pratice in afew years back .At the end of the day this is a business and they will not dig .

if they go after one then that teams are going to raise hell , this year in indianapolis the pats coach to qb communication went out in the first quater .No one complained .
In the same game the harriosn pick of manning the defensive coach felt that colts coaches read their signals and gave manning their called to get a completion in the first half .In the second half they send the same signal and harrison aligned in the same position.After the snap he routed to pick manning at the previous location. No one will dig this and loss money.

It was live on all radio channels from arizona..probabily will be on NFL network.

After pacman and vick, what do you think the NFL would do if it had a full fledged scandal on it's hands? Some evidence showing that the Patsies possibly cheated in a Super Bowl or something of that nature.

Goodell says they destroyed (they actually burned them, wtf?) the evidence to make sure the Patsies would never again have this advantage.

He's says this despite the fact that the Patsies swore they turned over everything and made no copies. That doesn't make any sense.

By destroying the evidence, Goodell brought this speculation upon his league. It was a stupid move, one that MAKES EVEN LESS SENSE given his explanation. Something stinks, pure and simple.

I guess you think evaluating those tapes and their actual usage is an easy thing to do. From watching the evidence tape that got to Fox I don't believe anything from that tape would have been able to be used during the game on that day. Jimmy Johnson said he used to video tape the other teams "D" signals and then sync those up to the game tape provided by the league. The game tape from the league is being shot at the same time so it would have been impossible for any syncing until a later time. How stupid would Mangini be to not change up his "D" signals from game one to game two? Frankly I don't think that jets tape or any jets tapes of jets "D" signals were any advantage to the Pats. The mere fact that Mangini was in NE and probably knew exactly how the tapes would be used makes those "D" signal tapes worthless. Belichick broke the video tape rule for sure but I think the whole spygate thing and the advantages of the tapes was really blown out of proportion big time.

Really? Wow. You have quite the scoop there man. Where did you get that inside info? :lol:

Of course, it's not surprising to hear Patsie fans crying the same "everybody is doing it" refrain, despite there being no evidence showing that. No, the only evidence that has thus far come to light indicates only the Patsies cheating.

What would you like a Easterbrook article? Easterbrook speals out insinuation after insinuation with out an ounce of proof yet you believe everything he says.

As far as the "everyone is doing it" I don't believe everyone was doing it but with that being said I also don't believe the Pats were the only team using video tapes. The evidence of this being true is the fact that one of miami's ex coaches Jimmy Johnson admitted to doing the same thing yet you ignore that as the evidence it is. When a retired coach stands up and admits to using video tape to capture the "D" signals some 18 yrs ago how could you for an instant not believe others were doing the same? One of Johnsons coaches told him he had done it in the past and told Jimmy how to do it. Plain good old common sense tells me that taping has gone on for years and years as far back as 18 yrs ago and who knows probably even still goes on today. Ne may have been the only team to get caught but they sure as hell weren't the only team doing it.

What would you like a Easterbrook article? Easterbrook speals out insinuation after insinuation with out an ounce of proof yet you believe everything he says.

As far as the "everyone is doing it" I don't believe everyone was doing it but with that being said I also don't believe the Pats were the only team using video tapes. The evidence of this being true is the fact that one of miami's ex coaches Jimmy Johnson admitted to doing the same thing yet you ignore that as the evidence it is. When a retired coach stands up and admits to using video tape to capture the "D" signals some 18 yrs ago how could you for an instant not believe others were doing the same? One of Johnsons coaches told him he had done it in the past and told Jimmy how to do it. Plain good old common sense tells me that taping has gone on for years and years as far back as 18 yrs ago and who knows probably even still goes on today. Ne may have been the only team to get caught but they sure as hell weren't the only team doing it.

Look I agree with you to an extent, Infact I posted earlier I may take the same line If this had happened to the Phins. I think what pisses us off as Phin fans is we want to hear Pats fans admit that your team cheated.

Don't make excuses, don't say other teams did it, don't act like it not's a big deal. Admit your team was into some shady stuff and we can move on. The more Pat fans try to defend it the longer threads like this one will be around.

He also said that when these tapes were taken 5 months ago that they were from the 2007 pre-season and 2006 season.

Just one question?

Why burn the tapes? Until somebody accountable answers this, the entire thing is going to go to congress, and the Cheatriots and their croney (Roger Goodell) WILL be exposed

Look I agree with you to an extent, Infact I posted earlier I may take the same line If this had happened to the Phins. I think what pisses us off as Phin fans is we want to hear Pats fans admit that your team cheated.

Don't make excuses, don't say other teams did it, don't act like it not's a big deal. Admit your team was into some shady stuff and we can move on. The more Pat fans try to defend it the longer threads like this one will be around.

Belichick was caught video taping "D" signals from a place he shouldn't have been. That was against the league rule. You are free to call him a cheater or anything else you wish too. For some reason you think that saying other teams did it is an excuse but thats not really the case. Its the truth and as I stated we have an ex head coach admit it on the record. It doesn't make Belichick innocent that others were doing it but it does put this big injustice into a better perspective. You must have read Johnsons statements regarding using video taping when he was a coach? Does it make you wonder that perhaps in the days of the Jimmy Johnson coached Dolphins there was illegal taping done by Johnsons staff? Maybe we need Johnson to quantify his admittal even further for the fans of those teams that he could have cheated for? Should his statement now put a shadow over those teams he coached in the NFL...like both Miami and Dallas? We don't need any tapes we have the head coach admitting he broke that rule? Are you willing to admit there is a very strong possibility that the dolphins also cheated?
We now also have heard that the jets had an extra camera man taping from the EZ if game two meeting with the pats last season. According to the patriots FO the jets did not have permission to put an extra camera man in the EZ for taping. Should we all now jump to conclusions about what this extra man was actually taping?

As far as these type of threads being around I neither care nor can control that. I look at the league with out any rose colored glasses and dam near every coach walks a fine line with the league rule book looking for any place an advantage can be gained. You could say that is one of the things that seperate the average coaches from the top coaches.

Just one question?

Why burn the tapes? Until somebody accountable answers this, the entire thing is going to go to congress, and the Greatriots and their croney (Roger Goodell) WILL be exposed

He answered this 50 times. He said he destroyed the tapes because they were consistant with everything the organization told him. They were burned so they wouldn't be leaked out and if a video shows up somewhere he'll know he was lied to. Don't worry, there isn't a conspiracy out there to keep the Dolphins down and the Patriots up.

Back
Top Bottom