MERGED: Senior Bowl GameThread 4pm EST | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Senior Bowl GameThread 4pm EST

I was looking for Mike Nolan, but didn't see him. Was he there?

Oh ok. Wasn't sure if Sparano was calling the D plays.

Does any still see Mcclain getting drafted in the top 12? Or has that fad passed?

I was looking for Mike Nolan, but didn't see him. Was he there?
He was there. I think in the second quarter they did a little segment on him. Showed him working with some players during practice this week and yelling out commands. Then it ended by showing him on the sideline at the game.

I just finished watching it, I tend to record a lot of TV on DVR so I do not have to watch the ads.

One thing that really stood out to me was our (the South team) poor play calling. 3 screen plays by Tebow alone. At the end of the game with the South behind 31-13 and everyone knowing we would pass we ran play-action fakes over and over. It reminded me a lot of this year with us trying to make comebacks late in games. Chad Henne play after play having to do a play-action that no one on the defense respected before he was allowed to set up and pass.

No deep pass attempts until the very last few minutes. Short outs over and over. Were we trying to win the game?

This looked like Henning football but without the good running game he depends on.

:crazy:

Does any still see Mcclain getting drafted in the top 12? Or has that fad passed?

More importantly, why would his high ranking be considered a 'fad'? He was the best defensive player on the best team in the country and is being judged on his body of work, not some uninformed fan's perception

if you wanted to see a stupid teenage girl fad over the past week see Teblow

Nfl network did a despicable job with their coverage this week by spending half of the practice time talking about Teblow, who is a terrible NFL prospect, instead of talking about the real NFL prospects in Mobile who actually have a Pro future.

Love it,
You're right. All the Mcclain supporters are 100% correct and there is 0% chance he falls past the 12th pick. I'm just an uniformed fan and the Mcclain supporters are the experts. NO one is allowed to even suggest that he's not an impact player or that a solid ILB isn't worthy of the 12th pick.

His team won the national championship and he has ideal size. There is absolutely no way the Fins could pass him up to draft an impact player at an impact position.

Love it,
You're right. All the Mcclain supporters are 100% correct and there is 0% chance he falls past the 12th pick. I'm just an uniformed fan and the Mcclain supporters are the experts. NO one is allowed to even suggest that he's not an impact player or that a solid ILB isn't worthy of the 12th pick.

His team won the national championship and he has ideal size. There is absolutely no way the Fins could pass him up to draft an impact player at an impact position.

Mcclain can't cover and can't run... feel free to bring this thread up on draft day and I am willing to eat my words.

Mcclain will not be drafted until late in the first round.

Spoon would be a fine Mike in our defense

I hope the Dolphins really consider taking Weatherspoon with the 12 pick regardless if Mcclain is still available or not. I want a player with the WOW factor playing in the Middle. And Weatherspoon has exactly that the WOW Factor. Mcclain just doesn't do it for me when it comes to that. Don't get me wrong I think Mcclain could be a real good LB. I just feel Weatherspoon will be better.

I see way too many arm tackles from McClain. That just won't work in the pros. Just another product of the Alabama hype machine.

Back
Top Bottom