merged; supplemental draft prospect DT wright/supplemental draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

merged; supplemental draft prospect DT wright/supplemental draft

wonderl33t said:
He became a franchise DT for me in my Madden simulation :)
Lol, if Wanny was still in charge that would be enough for us to throw out a first rounder :lol:

@@@@@ said:
Lol, if Wanny was still in charge that would be enough for us to throw out a first rounder :lol:
don't joke... he would!!

how does this supplemental draft work. i was reading that it was a lottery b/w teams with 6 or less losses, and then teams with more than 6 but not playoff teams, and then playoff teams.

Or do u give up a draft pick in next years draft for this.
im confused

albyfinfan said:
how does this supplemental draft work. i was reading that it was a lottery b/w teams with 6 or less losses, and then teams with more than 6 but not playoff teams, and then playoff teams.

Or do u give up a draft pick in next years draft for this.
im confused
it is a weighted lottery to determine the draft order...

it goes through rounds like the proper draft and teams usually, obviously, pass on their pick.

Tony Hollings was selected in the second round by the Texans a couple of years ago, and a guy like Wright should get some interest and be picked.

Is there a list of players that'll be available in the supplemental draft?

I thought the supplemental draft worked just like the regular draft. Same order but no trades, no TV coverage. If a team takes a player in the 4rd. that forfeits it's pick in the same rd for next years draft.

NorFlaFin said:
I thought the supplemental draft worked just like the regular draft. Same order but no trades, no TV coverage. If a team takes a player in the 4rd. that forfeits it's pick in the same rd for next years draft.

:yeahthat:

Supplemental draft is a blind bid process. Teams submit which round, if any, pick they bid for that player. If two or more teams submit for the same round, then the order is based off of the previous regular draft order.

Example, no team submits picks in rds 1-2, yet Mia and Det submit 3rd round picks. We would get him becasue we fall first in the 2005 drafting order. Not sure how this would work with CLE though since we were flip-flopping picks every other round due to tie-breaker rules.

Given that in all likelihood we will do much better than we did last season, using a 3rd rd pick in the supplemental has relatively higher value than the same rd pick in the 2006 draft since in all likelihood that pick will be farther down the list.

Don't know how the rookie pool gets effected though.

whatever round you pick a supplemental draftee, you forfeit that same round pick in next years draft. if you dont have that round pick in next years, then you dont forfeit anything.

I say no way unless it's a 7th rd match. Saban has focused on bringing in hard workers that are pretty bright guys. This kid is not the sharpest guy around. When a pretty good college player can't keep up academically then you know they are definitely "learning challenged". I know USC is a good school but c'mon - Pete I'm sure protects his players and I'm sure there are very minimum req's for those who want to skate by academically so when a player can't even pass those then you have a wonderlic score potential of even lower than Berlin. A backup DT who is mentally challenged is not worth giving up much of a future draft pick IMO. Carroll presuaded Leinhart to stay in school (dumbest offseason player decision I can remember) but he didn't try very hard to keep this kid according to the LA Times. Makes you wonder.

The Dolphins have insight to this guy already

Miami has some insight to this guy already. USC's offensive line coach is the assistant ol coach of the Dolphins. Who would know better other than his position coach. I am sure he likely would be asked about this guy. It is all about potential as well as performance in projecting guys to the pro scene.

Lee2000

finsnchips said:
no... but i think we'd use a 7th, maybe a 6th.

I cant really see any team using a first day pick on him.

I actually just mentioned this guy in another thread. I watched a lot of USC games last year - he didn't get a ton of playing time because he played behind Patterson and Cody. He is good though. Can play 3-4 end which would be a great benefit to us IMO.

Reports from Clayton sounded like he might go to one of the better teams in the latter part of round one in the supplemental. I wouldn't mind spending a #3 on him.

Back
Top Bottom