MERGED: Thanks Jay for hurthing another wideout | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Thanks Jay for hurthing another wideout

Dolfan73 said:
I don't see how it's dumb. Fiedler has been known to throw erratic passes and force Wr's to twist there bodies in unnatural positions. If he knew how to throw the ball this wouldn't be happening.

Using YOUR logic, I guess the entire Redskins offensive line was to blame for J Theismans compound leg fracture that basically ended his career ?

:shakeno:

Marino1983

Again, I repeat, I am not a "Fiedler Fan", I am sure there are better QB's out there BUT I would never question his heart or his desire to win. Either way, he was good enough to make the PRO's.

#84Fan4Life said:
I have to agree with you. Everything that happens is not Fiedler's fault. He didn't run up and chop block Boston in the knee did he? He underthrew a pass and Boston moved in such a way that he tore his knee up. Underthrown passes occur all the time and this one just so happened to coincide with Boston tearing up his knee. Boston could have snagged his shoe in the ground which would have caused his injury. It's just a "wrong place, wrong time" injury.

If you all really wanted we could blame this all on Ricky because if we still had him we would have been running the ball on that exact play and Boston wouldn't have run that fateful route.
I like that well said . While I agree that it wasn't all Jay's fault. I still have to blame the guy for all the bad passes. And this was one of them.And Boston just happened to go for it. But I think blaming Ricky is still the best to blame this on.

marinotoclayton said:
I like that well said . While I agree that it wasn't all Jay's fault. I still have to blame the guy for all the bad passes. And this was one of them.And Boston just happened to go for it. But I think blaming Ricky is still the best to blame this on.

Did u see the clip? Probably not....you can only go based on what some articles are saying....I'm going by ESPN....and according to them (they got comments from Dunta Robinson, the Texan who was covering Boston) he tried to make a cut or plant and thats when the tendon popped....he wasnt jumping up for the ball, he wasnt flying across field going after an errant pass, he wasnt hit....AT ALL...regardless of whether the ball hit the dirt early or went up highon a throw from Fiedler is moot, it happened before all of this.....

so guys please stop saying that Jay had ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS INJURY...ITS GETTING RIDICULOUS! :fire:

Dolfan73 said:
I don't see how it's dumb. Fiedler has been known to throw erratic passes and force Wr's to twist there bodies in unnatural positions. If he knew how to throw the ball this wouldn't be happening.

PURE BS!

Oliver...

Bonedoc7777 said:
blaming fiedler is not repeat is not ridiculous, anyone with coaching experience knows that QB'S can get people killed if they are not accurate. sunsentinel says today that jay was erractic in both practices yesterday. He needs to sit down now and this competition needs to be over before he strings another wideout out cold

MORE PURE BS!

Oliver...

twanderer said:
Having played both widereceiver and quarterback it is not necessarily always one or the others fault. Yes, quarterbacks are paid to get the ball to the receiver BUT wide receivers are paid to go after and catch the ball. To blame this on Fiedler is rediclous.
While I agree that this is not all Fiedlers fault. I have to say Jay isn't exactly Mr. Accuracy. I have a decent collection of dolphin cards and many of the Fiedler era throwing to his receivers show alot of them stretching which Gadsden made a living at with Jay. Look at a bunch of his cards and most of them show him streched trying to one hand catch the ball. But that is what we paid him to do catch the ball. And that is what we keep Fiedler around for to pass the ball as innacurate as he is. Why we keep him around is a mystery only DW. can answer.

TerryTate said:
Did u see the clip? Probably not....you can only go based on what some articles are saying....I'm going by ESPN....and according to them (they got comments from Dunta Robinson, the Texan who was covering Boston) he tried to make a cut or plant and thats when the tendon popped....he wasnt jumping up for the ball, he wasnt flying across field going after an errant pass, he wasnt hit....AT ALL...regardless of whether the ball hit the dirt early or went up highon a throw from Fiedler is moot, it happened before all of this.....

so guys please stop saying that Jay had ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS INJURY...ITS GETTING RIDICULOUS! :fire:
Did you read my post. I didn't give all the blame to Fiedler. I blamed him for his bad throw. Boston just made a go for it.

KBISBACK said:
Remember that it was an errant Jay pass that injured Oronde's wrist as well.

Not true.....Orande caught that ball....then turned up field and dove and took a helmet on the wrist.

"He caught eight or nine passes in the morning workout, but saw it all end on a deep ball that went over his head. As he planted to cut, his knee gave out. "

Per CBS Sportsline, Fiedler threw it over his head... what a shocker... thanks dumbo

Phinfan34 how you think Fiedler couldve caused David Boston's Patella tendon to slowly wear away over time is beyond me. :shakeno:

I don't think he did it, but it doesn't surprise me that the ball wasn't hitting him in stride. That's all.

phinfan34 said:
I don't think he did it, but it doesn't surprise me that the ball wasn't hitting him in stride. That's all.

Whether it hit him in stride or not, the injury would have happened.

Back
Top Bottom