Merged: The Dolphins Attended Players Workouts Thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Dolphins Attended Players Workouts Thread

#1dolphinsfan

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
Merged:Miami worksouts Don Carey

Dolphins | Worked out Carey, will meet with him
Mon, 23 Mar 2009 11:08:49 -0700

Ed Thompson, of Scout.com, reports the Miami Dolphins held a private workout with Norfolk State CB Don Carey March 19, and will meet with him April 7.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

CK what do you know on this guy.

i like the fact that they are exploring every single possibility in this draft for CB help...

maybe they already know who they are targeting, but interviewing all those CB makes it hard for other teams to read our cards...

not to mention that if we are targeting 1 or 2 guys and they get drafted ahead of us, we'll have some backup plans in store

Don Carey CB(Norfolk St.) 5'11" 192lbs.
ProDay results:
225 Bench Press Reps: 18
40 Yrd Dash: 4.49
20 Yrd Dash: 2.59
10 Yrd Dash: 1.47

Carey is a two time selection to the second team All-MEAC. He has tallied 10ints. in his career including 5ints. in 2008. Carey is a 3-time member of the MEAC Commissioner's All-Academic Team. He ended his collegiate career with 174tkls., 34 pass deflections, 4 fumble recoveries, 2 blocked extra pts., and 2 defensive TDs. Don was a late addition to the East-West Shrine Bowl and he did not dissapoint. He finished the game with two tackles and knocked down the potential game winning TD. Carey has solid instincts and above average ball skills. He is not afraid to come up and get physical in run support. The only negative on him is that he has not really faced many complex offensive schemes.

I've been clammoring about Don Carey for a while. My cousin goes to Norfolk State and he's a bigtime football fan, but he likes the ravens. what an A-Hole. He does say this kid has amazing coverage skills and knocks the ball down all the time. I've been putting him in our 7a in most mocks.. I'd even take him in the 6th round..

Don Carey made himself even more popular as a late edition to EAST WEST shrine game, where he impressed many scouts including knocking down the potential game winning TD.

heres some notes...

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]01/16/09 - EAST-WEST SHRINE STANDOUT: CB Don Carey, Norfolk State: Another small-schooler turning heads against FBS prospects. The 5-11, 186-pound corner played physically, refusing to back down in coverage or run support. He unquestionably showed the best recovery speed of any corner this week; even if the receiver ran a great route that put him off-balance, Carey quickly got back into the play. Honorable mention: Cary Harris (Southern California), Ryan Palmer (Texas). - Chad Reuter, The SportsXchange, NFLDraftScout[/SIZE][/FONT]

Don Carey (Norfolk State) looked good Tuesday morning, breaking up multiple passes. Carey displayed good recovery speed, so even if he wasn't quite on his man route immediately, he usually got back quickly enough to prevent the big play. He was also physical on the line against Aaron Kelly (Clemson). - Chad Reuter, The SportsXchange, NFL Draft Scout

Positives: Adequate height and a fair build throughout for his frame. … Plays physically at the line and in coverage. … Good straight-line speed and excellent recovery speed. … Gets back into the play even if a receiver makes a nice head fake to get an advantage. … Very capable of reading the quick screen or supporting the run on the outside. Negatives: Lacks top-end speed and great strength. … Will be a little too physical at times, might be susceptible to pass interference calls. … Gets moved too easily by receiver blocks. … Played against a lower level of competition and must speed up his recognition. … Inconsistent hands for the interception.

In years before that he started at safety and cornerback and even earning rookie of week honors..

He's a team captain and vocal leader, smart student, was accepted into Yale but couldn't afford it.

I've seen some sites like drafttek, footballsfuture and others that have him going to us in 7th round..
The 7a would be worth it..

I hope he impresses our coaches..

Miami is seriously coverting Corners in this draft, they have had visit with several corners and I think Miami picks atleast two. One early and one late.

Don Carey is one of those guys who I think is a prime target for that newly acquired 6th rounder.

Can't really watch a whole lot of Norfolk State games but he did show up very nicely in the Shrine Game for me and I've heard a lot of good things about him, he's tested well athletically, has good size, and he's smart as hell...got accepted to Yale on academic merit but they didn't give him a football scholarship so he couldn't afford to go.

Heyward-Bay Scheduled for Visit

Heyward-Bey was back in College Park by 11:30 p.m., and after a workout Wednesday, he hit the ice tub to cool down his valuable legs.

He has already held private workouts with the Philadelphia Eagles and Ravens, and he has another scheduled with the Miami Dolphins. His team visits start next week. That itinerary will take him to Tennessee, Tampa Bay, Minnesota and St. Louis.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/college/football/bal-heywardbey0325,0,3860112.story

must be hard to travel that much and working out so often... damn !

anyways, i guess it doesn't hurt to take a peak at mister heyward-bey

btw, finatic, you really are the fastest poster here lol it seems to me like 80% of the stories or reports are brought to us by your links haha, good job ;)

Thanks man, you know there is one thing I dont like about Bay and that is that he is still a little bit raw at the WR position.

Thanks man, you know there is one thing I dont like about Bay and that is that he is still a little bit raw at the WR position.

yeah me too i think he could be a stud but would rather not take a chance in the first i was hoping he would fall but not now his hype has gone way up and maybe that hype is well deserved who knows

nah, not in first round...
proven athlete, not at WR..

I wouldn't be pissed if we drafted him, alot of talent, would be a great future weapon for Henne, but nah..

2a pick please :)

We don't need him. We already have an underdeveloped 6'3", 210 lbs guy who is even faster named Todd Lowber.

Back
Top Bottom