MERGED: The "Go Chargers" thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: The "Go Chargers" thread

J-E-S-T

Jests, Jests, Jests

Suck Suck Suck!!!!!!!!!

Go Chargers!

I hope they win it all this year because nobody even mentions them as a contender.

EDIT L.T. 21,

I am just curious what you want to happen with the Brees/Rivers situation as a Charger fan?

Last edited by a moderator:
Lets Go Chargers!

I cannot stand the mickey mouse jets organization, by far my most hated team.

#84Fan4Life said:
Go Chargers!

I hope they win it all this year because nobody even mentions them as a contender.

EDIT L.T. 21,

I am just curious what you want to happen with the Brees/Rivers situation as a Charger fan?
Personally, Id love to keep Brees! I've always liked him since the draft. I have also continually said day in and dayout that he needs a line to protect him. People always said he doesnt have a strong arm, he is too short, blah blah blah....People forget our offensive scheme doesn't need an arm like Marino. We need a smart/thinking QB that won't make stupid mistakes. With LT in the back, and our WR corp coming to its own, we need ball control and of course take shots down the field occasionally.

With that said, I think a lot will unfold at the end of the year. I personally think Drew is staying in San Diego for at least 1 more year. If somebody were to offer some ridicoulous amount of draft picks and players that can help the TEAM immediately, then I would probably pull the trigger and let him go. I know that sucks for Drew, and for me, but I have to take a look at it as a TEAM improvement thing.

The timing sucks because we are FINALLY getting over the ryan leaf disaster...in my book, Drew has evolved into a good NFL QB. Its very rare to have a QB thats great. I personally believe there isnt any GREAT QB's in the league right now- except Brett Favre. The Marino's, Montanas, Elways, Fouts are gone. People in San Diego always say this about the QB situation.

"Would you rather have Drew and win a couple of playoff games, or Phillip and have that kid take you to the SB." It drives me nuts how some San Diego media writers are just idiots.

Ok, Im blabbering, beers have started already...sorry.

Brees as our QB unless: 2 first round picks, plus 1 the following, and conditional 2nd:-) Is that too much to ask:

(apologies again for the "hard to read" posts, heck, if I cant read it- then you surely cant) hmmm...Bud Light:-) You are all invited to come down, fish tacos and beers on me!

Being West coast I pulling for SD all the way. Just cause our Phins aren't in the playoffs. Feels a little funny rootin' for the Chargers with our teams history with them.(playoff games years past).But they could surprise Indy or Pitt.

L.T.21 said:
Personally, Id love to keep Brees! I've always liked him since the draft. I have also continually said day in and dayout that he needs a line to protect him. People always said he doesnt have a strong arm, he is too short, blah blah blah....People forget our offensive scheme doesn't need an arm like Marino. We need a smart/thinking QB that won't make stupid mistakes. With LT in the back, and our WR corp coming to its own, we need ball control and of course take shots down the field occasionally.

With that said, I think a lot will unfold at the end of the year. I personally think Drew is staying in San Diego for at least 1 more year. If somebody were to offer some ridicoulous amount of draft picks and players that can help the TEAM immediately, then I would probably pull the trigger and let him go. I know that sucks for Drew, and for me, but I have to take a look at it as a TEAM improvement thing.

The timing sucks because we are FINALLY getting over the ryan leaf disaster...in my book, Drew has evolved into a good NFL QB. Its very rare to have a QB thats great. I personally believe there isnt any GREAT QB's in the league right now- except Brett Favre. The Marino's, Montanas, Elways, Fouts are gone. People in San Diego always say this about the QB situation. You don't think Peyton Manning is great?

"Would you rather have Drew and win a couple of playoff games, or Phillip and have that kid take you to the SB." It drives me nuts how some San Diego media writers are just idiots.

Ok, Im blabbering, beers have started already...sorry.

Brees as our QB unless: 2 first round picks, plus 1 the following, and conditional 2nd:-) Is that too much to ask: Sounds like a bit too much to me so I hope you enjoy keeping Brees. Can't blme you though.
I don't blame you for wanting to keep Brees as he has finally had the protection and weapons (Gates, Caldwell [before injury], and McKardell) to throw to.

Honestly I could see the Chargers end up being the next great team. They have a great RB and TE and the O-line and Brees have been playing better than expected. The run defense has been very good as well, and they have 2 first round picks (haha, Eli) to build on. It should be a great run for your team.

#84Fan4Life said:
I don't blame you for wanting to keep Brees as he has finally had the protection and weapons (Gates, Caldwell [before injury], and McKardell) to throw to.

Honestly I could see the Chargers end up being the next great team. They have a great RB and TE and the O-line and Brees have been playing better than expected. The run defense has been very good as well, and they have 2 first round picks (haha, Eli) to build on. It should be a great run for your team.
Ive said it all year:

AJ FEELEY + BETTER O-LINE + NEW RB + NEW COACH = MORE MORE WINS!

Back
Top Bottom