Merged: The official world cup thread | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The official world cup thread

Well Primetime and Section... I believe you should start to get a tad worried, and or maybe, not overrate the US team so much. :tongue:

Yeah I like the Italian jerseys. France has pretty cool jerseys too but my god, Nike, what have you done?

culpepper2chambers said:
can anyone go through some senarcios(sp?) for usa to get second in the pool?
one way is if we tie Italy and beat Ghana with the Czech losing both their remaining games giving us 4 points while Ghana and Czech only have 3. we could always get in by winning our 2 remaining games than we are a lock. basically we can't lose again, we get in by tieing and winning or by winning twice

As much as I don't want to break it to you guys, I just don't think the USA is good enough this year. The Czechs look good, Italy always looks good and Ghana looked pretty nice too. The USA may grind out a win this time around, but I don't see them pulling a hail mary this year.

If we can pull out 2 victorys against Ghana(looked good today in my opinion) and Italy(Also looked strong) and Czech loses to Italy and Ghana...then it looks like this...We will have 6 points along with Italy but we would have the advantage because of head to head...Or if we beat both Italy and Ghana and Czech loses to Ghana and tie to Italy then we go in as the clear #1...There are tons of scenarios but lets just hope and pray we can make it to the next round...

Lets just win our 2 games and let everything else take care of itself...

icephinfan said:
Is that possible?? I mean do they have to get 4 points in the next game to advance???

You get 3 points for a win, 1 for a tie, 0 for a loss. With 2 games left, USAcan get a max. of 6 points. There's no set amount that will get you through to the next round though.

icephinfan said:
Is that possible?? I mean do they have to get 4 points in the next game to advance???

It's possible, I just don't think it's very likely. To be honest, I think Italy will win the group with nine points, followed by the Czech Republic with six.

There are two keys to this for the US: 1. making sure they either win or draw against Italy. 2. Hoping the Czech Republic stumble against Italy and Ghana because of injury problems.

The Czech Republic are a very good team, but any team would be affected by the loss of Koller and Baros. Will it be enough for them to be overtaken by the US? Probably not, but it's the tiny chance the US has.

Back
Top Bottom