Merged: The official world cup thread | Page 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The official world cup thread

Trinadad is offered barrel of rum to each players if they win england.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060614/od_uk_nm/oukoe_uk_world_trinidad_rum
PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad (Reuters) - Trinidad and Tobago's 23 footballers and their Dutch coach, Leo Beenhakker, have each been promised a barrel of specially aged rum if they win Thursday's World Cup match against England.
ADVERTISEMENT

Nigel Bissoon, marketing manager of the Angostura Group of Companies, the makers of Angostura Aromatic Bitters, said the players were already heroes in their Caribbean country after their 0-0 draw against Sweden last week.

"But they can elevate themselves to a god-like status amongst their fans if they get one over England," Bissoon said in a statement on Wednesday.

"We hope that the barrel bonus will act as an extra incentive for the players as there are few Trinidadians who would not jump at the opportunity to own a full barrel of such fine rum."

Each of the 24 barrels Angostura is offering as a prize holds 247 litres (64 gallons) of rum.

Angostura's chief executive, Lawrence Duprey, said the rum would come from a batch that had been earmarked for a special occasion.

Trinidad and Tobago is the smallest country to qualify for the soccer World Cup.

Prime Time said:
US is winning Saturday :yes:

Us is winning Saturday? Where did you go to school? Syria?

The correct grammar is "We are winning on Saturday".

:chuckle:

That's just me being bored.

HysterikiLL said:
Us is winning Saturday? Where did you go to school? Syria?

The correct grammar is "We are winning on Saturday".

:chuckle:

That's just me being bored.

:lol: ...

here italy eat this
clear.gif

The Official Mexico In The World Cup Thread

Welcome to all of Mexico's fans all around the world (most of the mexicans :lol: ), this is a thread where you can predict the results, the formations, alineations and matches, also feel free about talking about other teams in the world cup...

Friday's Predictions:

Mexico 3 - 1 Angola

Argentina 2 - 2 Serbia Crna Gora

Netherland 2 - 1 Ivory Coast

Thursday's Predictions:

Ecuador 1 - 2 Costa Rica

England 3 - 0 Trinidad & Tobago

Sweden 2 - 2 Paraguay

Mindwarp said:
homer much?
While im routing for Mexico when they are not playing Portugal I doubt they will win 3-1 to Angola

Homerism?, they won 3 - 1 to Iran, now, Angola was the team #32 of 32 teams of qualifying to the World Cup, 3 - 1 is not homerism, you will see...

By the way, what are your predictions of Italy vs. USA on Saturday?

Why wouldn't you just do this in the Official World Cup Thread? I see this being merged into there soon. No point to have this.

Back
Top Bottom