Merged: Way to GO HEAT !!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Way to GO HEAT !!!!

Since that game where Rafer hit that miraculous 3 pointer. Wow, Basketball is tight, I have been missing out, too bad I can't play worth a crap but it is nice to watch. I say Heat are going to upset the Pacers in 7 :D

ohall said:
Dwayne Wade is just such a GREAT player. That dunk he had in the 4th QTR over O'Neal was just breath taking. This is so obvious, but that KID is going to be if not already a very special player.

He's going to be an All-Star. "They" said he wasn't a point guard, and he was too small to play shooting guard at the next level. "They" were wrong.

I really like to watch him when he has the ball in his hands...and for the first time ever, I enjoy watching this kid on defense.

Watching Wade sort of reminds me of watching a few classic games of Cidney Moncrief.

The SCARY thing about Wade is the fact that he can get A WHOLE LOT better! D-Wade doesn't seem to have 100% confidence in his deep jumpers, and I do think he can develop into a decent 3-point shooter at the least. McAdoo is one of the better shooting coaches in the NBA, so I expect Wade to have more confidence in his shot by next year. The best thing about him, is that he drives before settling for the jumpers. That's how you develop into a REAL star. Once Wade gets respect from the officials, he'll be getting to the line a lot. The league is all about respect. Sadly, if you're a star and you're driving to the paint, you're GOING to get a decent amount of free throws night in and night out.

The core of Wade, Caron, and Odom will be a great one. Hopefully we can deal Jones off for a young center and re-sign Skip and Rasual. I've got my eyes on free agent big men like Erick Dampier, Stromile Swift, Mehmet Okur, and a few others...but we certainly need to get rid of Jones before we can afford one of those guys.

Btw, Eddie Jones has to go. Screw Riley and his "ongoing love" for the veterans, EJ especially. He HAS to go. We cannot afford to pay an aging inconsistent player like EJ over $11m a year. He's in the top 15-20 highest paid players in the NBA, and I can go down all other 27 team rosters and pick out ATLEAST 3-5 players on those teams who'd I'd swap him for.

Prime Time said:
Since that game where Rafer hit that miraculous 3 pointer. Wow, Basketball is tight, I have been missing out, too bad I can't play worth a crap but it is nice to watch. I say Heat are going to upset the Pacers in 7 :D

We really should've stole one of those games in Indiana. I expected to be out in 4 or 5, though I always keep my faith. But when I saw how badly Jermaine O'Neal played those first two games...I thought we should've took atleast one of those.

I wasn't surprised at Reggie Miller's burst and I doubt anyone is. Who would've thought Jamal Tinsley would look like a better 3-point shooter than the likes of Peja and Lenard this postseason? Amazing. He went 5-6 from downtown in game 1, and was on fire again last night.

Too bad he doesn't perform near this caliber on a regular basis. If that were the case, I'd actually consider him an average starter, rather than a 7th or 8th man(even though he starts).

Just to throw it out there: The Pacers have three players on their bench who would be studs here in Miami or anywhere else, given the chance. Al Harrington(he'll get his shot next year), Fred Jones, and Jonathon Bender. In other words, when it's all said and done...other than having a post up player(which is something I think we'll address this offseason, and should make us an elite team), Indiana's bench is what separates us from being on their level.

Hey, CC84, you know any Heat forums like this one? This other poster was looking for one, as am I.

Lets get ready guys! Bout half hour left till the Heat take the streak to 18 and we continue to shock the world...im hoping that EJ shows up tonite...I sense a case of Deja Vu coming on with Sir Dwyane humiliating someone! GO HEAT!!!! DAMN IM EXCITED!!!!!!

Its so nice to be able to be excited about this team again!! Go Wade light em up again tonight!!

SuavePhin said:
Its so nice to be able to be excited about this team again!!

The only year that wasn't exciting for me was 2001-2002. I don't care about his character issues, we should've never dealt Ricky Davis to Cleveland for Chris F'n Gatlin. That was a boring team to watch, and even worse when they got swept in the playoffs. In 2002-2003, atleast Caron Butler gave us a lot to look forward to in the future. He and Rasual were fun to watch as they developed down the stretch. The old days were the classics, but this has been the BEST year in team history. I don't care about the year where we went to the Eastern Conference Finals and lost 4-1 or something like that to Chicago. THIS team is unbelievable.

The best thing about it? We're not only going to get better, but we're going to get MUCH better. We already have the core here with Wade, CB4, and Odom...Grant probably only has a few years left in him, and both should be spent coming off the bench and providing us some kind of defensive spark. Eddie Jones HAS to go. Getting rid of Jones would be the only way to be able to afford a guy like Dampier, although I'd prefer to deal him to Memphis in a sign and trade for Stro.

I have a hard time talking about Dwyane Wade, because you cannot sum this guy's potential, production, and overall game play up in less than 25 paragraphs. As good as he is now...as a Heat fan, it's SCARY how good D-Wade can get with a little work. Scary.

ChambersOwnz84 said:
The only year that wasn't exciting for me was 2001-2002. I don't care about his character issues, we should've never dealt Ricky Davis to Cleveland for Chris F'n Gatlin. That was a boring team to watch, and even worse when they got swept in the playoffs. In 2002-2003, atleast Caron Butler gave us a lot to look forward to in the future. He and Rasual were fun to watch as they developed down the stretch. The old days were the classics, but this has been the BEST year in team history. I don't care about the year where we went to the Eastern Conference Finals and lost 4-1 or something like that to Chicago. THIS team is unbelievable.

The best thing about it? We're not only going to get better, but we're going to get MUCH better. We already have the core here with Wade, CB4, and Odom...Grant probably only has a few years left in him, and both should be spent coming off the bench and providing us some kind of defensive spark. Eddie Jones HAS to go. Getting rid of Jones would be the only way to be able to afford a guy like Dampier, although I'd prefer to deal him to Memphis in a sign and trade for Stro.

I have a hard time talking about Dwyane Wade, because you cannot sum this guy's potential, production, and overall game play up in less than 25 paragraphs. As good as he is now...as a Heat fan, it's SCARY how good D-Wade can get with a little work. Scary.

CC84, its great to see a fellow Heat fan who loves the game as much as I do!! I have attended some of the greatest games in Heat history such as game 7 of the Knicks at the old arena when the Heat actually won! I remember going to games year one with my dad, watching Grant Long, Rory Sparrow and Rony Siekaly play their hearts out only to lose and lose and lose. I remember the cheers for Ogg, the potential of Billy Owens, the nice jumper Rice had, the first playoff series vs the Bulls when we almost won a game, Kevin Willis, getting pissed off when Sherman Douglas got traded, ect....

BUT NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING, compares to the pride I feel for this team right now. We finally have a physical team that can take the ball to the basket. A team that is young and can run. Don't get me wrong, Zo, Tim and Marleje were all great players in their prime, but if watching Dwayne Wade gives me 1/20 the thrill that Bulls fans had when watching Jordan, then I have to admit that is the finest Heat moment in their 16 year history. The scary thing is that it will only get better as they get more experience. I agree with you 100 percent about Eddie Jones, he has to go immediatly.

New Heat Board

First let me say that we are still getting ZERO respect from everyone but its all gud since we're gonna continue to shock the world on Saturday night...i finally found a good Heat Message Board and its just started up so we're gonna need alot of new fans posting up over there to build it up from scratch...here's the link Heat Zone ENJOY!!!

biggiesmalls3k1 said:
First let me say that we are still getting ZERO respect from everyone but its all gud since we're gonna continue to shock the world on Saturday night...i finally found a good Heat Message Board and its just started up so we're gonna need alot of new fans posting up over there to build it up from scratch...here's the link Heat Zone ENJOY!!!

so I'm not the only one who things the Heat will take Game 5 and the seris?

I Believe Nick...this team is very resilient and out to prove that Heart can carry you more than "pure" talent...Heat in 6...Pacers' psyche is gone, that was evident with all the flagrants in game 4 and Carlisle's moaning about calls...we will take this...and continue on to shock the world...by the way off topic...how could i add a pic as my sig?

biggiesmalls3k1 said:
I Believe Nick...this team is very resilient and out to prove that Heart can carry you more than "pure" talent...Heat in 6...Pacers' psyche is gone, that was evident with all the flagrants in game 4 and Carlisle's moaning about calls...we will take this...and continue on to shock the world...by the way off topic...how could i add a pic as my sig?

i beleive you are right and hope you are right the Pacers have lost their hold on the seris and will continue on a downward path. I also beleive the Heat can beat the Nets if that is who they play

Back
Top Bottom